Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  06:44:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
While I was Demoing on Monday I got a call asking if I could do a shop that day or the next. I said I could do it on Tuesday, but asked if I would have to get a business card as the last time I did it they said I wasn't getting paid because I didn't get one.
She said let me check and came back that I did not have to get one. I said I would accept the assignment. We then talked about how hard it is to get a card for these services and if you have to blatantly out ask for one then they know who you are.
I received my email with instructions. I read what I had to do.
When I went to fill out the form after I did the shop it states on there you must have a business card in order to get paid..............
I called the ladt right away and she had just left for the day, I left a message.
Later I received an email from the company wondering if I had done the shop. I eamiled back that I had, but I didn't get a card and told her what I was told and said I would not be reporting the info until I talked with the original person. I was CANCELLED because of this. I straight out asked them about this, due to the warnings on here about companies. This is why I RARELY do a mystery shop anymore. You have tooo many details for very little money.

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  2:04:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShoppinMamaBeca

I am in the same boat as the previous shopper. I did three of these shops and have only been paid for one. Warning: If Intellishop wants you to do a shop with a large outlay of your own cash. Don't do it! I have been emailing the scheduler for two days and am not receiving a reply back. I have shopped for them for a year and never had a problem with them until now. I am NOT happy with them.

I did a shop for them awhile back that took me over an hour at the location, another 90 minutes to fill out the form. It was a reimbursement shop where the reimbursement amount didn't cover the cost. They claim to have never received the mailed receipts and flyers, so I didn't get paid for it all. I realize that things happen, so I ate the ~$65.

Enough time had passed that I guess the bad taste had gone, and I took another shop. I spent over an hour filling out long detailed narratives, only to have it returned for MORE narrative including simply repeating what the yes/no question said. Their shops simply aren't worth the low pay. At least with SI, though the payment may be low, the forms take less than 15 minutes to complete and I've never had an issue with getting paid, EVER. I get paid almost the same thing to write a blog entry as Intellishop pays me to drive 30 minutes ($6 worth of gas), do a 20 minute shop with a lot of details to remember, and write a 90 minute report. I'm done with them unless the pay rises substantially or the requirements decrease.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  2:58:42 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is the pits! I suggest everyone be very careful working for them. They look for too many ways to not pay shoppers and deactivate them. If your turn has not come yet, it will.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
357 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  3:36:55 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
In the last 16 mos., I've completed 7 shops for this MSC; all paid as agreed. Each assignment was clearly explained, with relatively easy report forms, and there weren't any surprises. Predicated upon these facts, I wouldn't hesitate to accept a job I wished to complete.

Bob Engleman

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Crystal79

McKees Rocks, PA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  3:53:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done a few shops for this company and haven't had a bit of trouble.

I need more merchandising work! :)
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  4:25:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm lucky that the only assignments they have in my area are convenience stores - simple shop, simple report, fair (but not great) pay and you DON'T have to submit the receipt even though you are reimbursed for it.
I don't do many but have always been paid quickly and with no problems.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Klein
Contributor

South Central PA
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  5:17:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SheilaW,

Curious how to get started with the convenience stores. These types of jobs in my area have a requirement of a high rating. Since I don't have any shops under my belt, my rating is under what is required. I have emailed them for insight, but no reply. Can you shed any light? Anyone else, please feel free to post.

Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

GretchenHau

OH
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  5:46:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always had great understanding schedulers. They pay on time too.

Gretchen
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  6:32:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry - I can't help you much, Jonathan.
The first shops I ever did for them back in 2005 were convenience stores. I presume the requirement of a higher rating came later.
Hopefully some else can shed some light on this.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  6:39:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
(quote) Curious how to get started with the convenience stores. These types of jobs in my area have a requirement of a high rating.<<

I had the same problem when I first started, every job I wanted had a higher rating; I finally took one job that wasn't attractive to me and way out of the way, but that bumped my rating up to a "9" and now I am able to take any of their jobs.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jonathan Klein
Contributor

South Central PA
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  7:00:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you both SheilaW and TinaMarie for taking the time to reply. Guess I may have to reconsider trying that 5 item return shop to get established with them.

Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

SaraB
Contributor

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  8:15:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done dozens of shops for this company. Their forms usually require 8 long narratives. I have to say that their editors are extreme--like mommy dearest extreme!

I dread their "please confirm" and "please clarify" emails the day after. It's like working overtime without the pay. I have been accused of lying about the associate's name even before my report was given to the company because it "matched" the name on the receipt, which I was told "never happened". For this project, I noticed that for 5 shops the name matched the one on the receipt. So I included the following crazy talk in my upcoming narratives: "The associate's name was Bob. His name badge had 'Bob' on it. I can confirm his name was Bob." Anything for a few hours of peace. Normally you get downgraded for repeating yourself, but the more repetitive the better with Intellishop.

I learned how to 1-up them and save my sassie shop page for each assignment on my desktop. Then, when they give me a vague reply, such as, "Question # 18 was wrong," I can figure out what the [blank] they're talking about. Thanks to my system, I got 3 of my scores changed, because their editors made mistakes. It's interesting that other shoppers have accused this company of finding fault with their shops too.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  8:42:31 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's weird. I haven't had a single problem with the editors so far. I dreaded working for the company because of the feedback here on their editors, but I haven't had those problems. I've gotten 10s on each of my shops without having to clarify anything.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  9:15:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You will. As Pam said, your turn will come.

I write for a living. I'm a published book author, plus write for magazines and online content. I also have edited books and magazine articles. Yet, like Sara, I know that "clarification" is coming. It's almost as if the editors get paid by how many times they handle your report.

They USED to be one of the better companies to work for. It's changed over the last two years.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  10:15:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't find the reporting to be so difficult. I write what happened and use descriptive words to clarify things. I have always received 10s and the people I've communicated with are helpful and nice. Maybe I have different editors in this region. Whatever the case may be, I enjoy their shops and I look forward to doing a lot more of them
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  03:35:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SaraB, I had your experience, but only when I have written reports that were negative. The second time the information was obviously there, but they contacted me anyway asking for it. Because of the contact my score was dinged. That being said, if it was a good shop I have never been contacted and have received high scores. I still shop for them but am very choosy about what shops I accept.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Maryl T

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  09:15:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have absolutely learned which shops I should do for them and which ones I should run from. Just make sure you save a copy of the shop. I like to print my to a pdf creator and save it on the hard drive. When they say they want details, believe them. They want DETAILS.

So far so good on my end. The schedulers I have dealt with have been great to me and are available by phone for questions. I'll continue to shop with them.
Go to Top of Page

SaraB
Contributor

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  2:00:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JanB27, for the most part you're right. The editors contact me if I'm reporting something negative except the nametag issue which is ridiculous. The editors always ask me to confirm what I said was true on moderate to negative reports & then, they automatically lower my score for contacting me. This really aggravates me, because they are rarely asking for more detail & cannot accuse me of leaving off detail, which warrants a score deduction according to their guidelines.
I always get them to undo the deduction, but it wastes my time. With all my 10s, they still don't trust what I say the first time & the companies that I have evaluated for them have never accused me of false reporting. I'm not sure if the editors are the problem or if they have been trained, like they are training me, to walk on eggshells from their commander-in-chief...the true mommy dearest??
Go to Top of Page

Derek Kell

Austin, TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  2:03:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They seems to be a pretty good company and the best part is that they use sassie which, I feel, is so easy to use . I would continue to work for them.
Go to Top of Page

CatM
Apprentice

PA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  2:39:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just to through my 2 cents in - I've done both c store shops and other shops and never had a problem. I wonder if it is a editor related issue or maybe a client related issue.

Cat in PA

Cat
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums