Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  3:10:57 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
"I'm not sure if the editors are the problem or if they have been trained, like they are training me, to walk on eggshells from their commander-in-chief...the true mommy dearest??"

This statement could not sum things up any better.

Schedulers and editors will only treat shoppers in a manner they know will be allowed by whomever is paying them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

KathyRoz

St. Louis, MO
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2007 :  11:55:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't do very many shops for them, maybe 1-3 per month on average. Right now I have a seasonal photography shop scheduled. I went back and took a look at my previous overall scores...back in '05 I received mostly 9's and 10's, but more recently, I've had 8's because of the famous "clarification" emails. I'm glad I'm not alone in this! Wonder what the change is...client, or stricter editing, or...?Payment has never been an issue with them, though, and the schedulers are great.

My recent 8's don't seem to be stopping them from assigning more work to me, though. Guess it's not that big a deal. Like most MS'ers, I get a sense of satisfaction when I get a 10/10 on a shop, but at the end of the day, as long as I get paid and continue to receive new work, I can live with a few 8's.
Go to Top of Page

Kris R.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  1:08:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ugh. I just accepted a retail assignment today. Wish I would have checked this thread FIRST. Oh well, Thanks so much for all your posts, it gives me a head's up. I will be sure to add lots of details and save my work.
Hopefully, you guys saved me from even bigger headaches than if I had gone in blind!!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kris R.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  1:17:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ha! Just read my shop instructions.
Am supposed to call the store and request store hours and then make sure I get the name of the employee I talk to on the phone!! Haha
It says to ask for the name if they don't offer it.

"Hi, what hours is your store open?"
"10am - 8 pm"
"Ok, thanks, and by the way, I didn't get your name?"

Why don't I just say, hey there, I will be stopping by to secret shop your store later today!!

And I hope I don't have to prove that I got the name right over the phone.
The associate said his name was Tom. I can verify that his name was Tom because he sounded like a "Tom"!!
Sounds like this is going to be a fun shop!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kris R.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  12:56:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, got my shop done. Well, the first part anyway, in two days I have to finish the second part.
Guess what?? My associates name was the same on her name badge as it was on the receipt!! UGH.
I better not get any flack over this. All I can do is read it off the badge!

So I added to my comment section.........."I noticed from her name badge that her name was...."
Hope that does the trick and I am greatful to all of you and the warnings on this forum so that I could be more prepared!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  4:07:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I recieved the dreaded follow-up call today ... It lowered my score to a 9. Of course, the questions did not need to be asked, and I kinda felt that he was forcing himself to find something wrong with the shop...
Oh well!!!! I can live with a 9, as long as I still get work from them!!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

KathyRoz

St. Louis, MO
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  10:10:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a retail shop for them this week. Just got my review back. 10/10! Yeah baby! So it's not impossible....although I do have to say I did write quite a bit on this report...more than usual.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  11:32:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have received several 10s. Most of my scores with them are 10s, but they are very quick to take points, which seems to correlate with reports that are less than glowing about the establishment.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Kris R.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  10:31:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wooooooooohoooooo!
Just got my grade for my first shop and got a 10.
Thanks to all you who posted here because I am sure that it would not have happened had I not read here and got a head's up!
I was sure to be extra careful, not that I don't take all my reports seriously!
But just adding the "saw the associates name from the name tag" and little things like that that I would have never before thought to do seems to have done the trick.
Thanks everyone!

As far as it being a glowing report for the establishment.......not sure if mine was or not. There were somethings good and a few not so good. I think that one of the things that are most important on this particular client did get done correctly, so maybe that helped. But there were definately a few problems, like not receiving greetings and thank you's. And another question that seemed to be really important about the facility, they failed, so I guess it was a mixed report as far as how well the store did.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Derek Kell

Austin, TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  05:53:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
yes they are tough graders... but they are such a good company to work for. It is worth it!
Go to Top of Page

Shellie L
Trainee

Fort Collins, Colorado
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  08:39:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the loan shops? I am toying with the idea as there is one in my city, but it sounds liek a lot of work and I just don't know how I feel about having my credit info pulled, etc.

OTOH, it pays handsomely...

So any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shel

MSPA Gold Certified 1nqp7q
Shopping the Front Range and beyond
Go to Top of Page

StacyinWA

WA
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  09:20:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A couple months ago, I did a return shop with intellishop. Shipping was prepaid, but then I was hit with a "handling" fee that was never refunded. This "handling" charge ended up eating up all but $0.05 of my fee. So for a few hours of performing the shop, submitting the report, and having to drive to UPS, I was only paid $0.05 total. I have been in contact with the scheduler, who seems nice and as if she wants this taken care of almost as much as I do, but I get the feeling that the company is going to stiff me on this one. This will probably be my last shop with them.

Before this though, I would have had nothing but the best to say about Intellishop, but even so, I can't help but think of the whole, "you fool me once..." saying. I am not willing to get burned again. If this problem is corrected, I will update.

EDITED TO ADD ON 4/20:
My reimbursement/refund cleared today. Thanks to the persistence of my scheduler (thanks Alicia!), everything worked out successfully.

Stacy Murphy
Happily shopping in NW Washington. MSPA Silver Certification #dmktjg
Go to Top of Page

Char96782
Contributor

HI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  6:06:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had no problems with this company, there aren't too many shops here but of the ones I have done they were compensated fairly and in a timely manner.

Char
Go to Top of Page

Kris R.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  8:14:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done six shops for them now and I got all 10's until my last one which was a 9.
I was told that there were a couple of spelling and grammer errors. However I did my narrative on MS Word, so there were no spelling errors. After re-reading, there was one sentence that probably had a grammer issue. Geez! I did not like being told I had a spelling error when I knew for a fact that I did not.
Oh well, I am not going to sweat a "9".

One thing that drives me nuts about this company is that they add the grading scale/requirements onto each assignment. It is 1 1/2 pages long! So I have to remember to cut it off when I print each time. That is too much to be printing out over and over for each and every assignment!

Other than that, I am happy with this company. If I can keep my grades 9 and 10 and keep getting assignments, it's all good.
They pay pretty well. And they pay quickly.
I just did a return shop, so we will see if I have any issues with that!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CEBills
Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2007 :  11:32:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kris R.

I have done six shops for them now and I got all 10's until my last one which was a 9.
I was told that there were a couple of spelling and grammer errors. However I did my narrative on MS Word, so there were no spelling errors. After re-reading, there was one sentence that probably had a grammer issue. Geez! I did not like being told I had a spelling error when I knew for a fact that I did not.

There are two spelling errors in your above post...just thought I would point that out. Maybe your MS Word isn't working?

Certified shopping all over inner loop Houston!
Go to Top of Page

Jen Ohio
Star Contributor

North Olmsted, Ohio
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  1:41:44 PM  Send Jen Ohio an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for this company. They pay quickly and often have jobs in my area. I never really felt though as if they were tough graders. I usually receive a 9 or 10 on most reports.

Finally Silver Certified!!
Shopping Northeast Ohio Full Time
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  8:32:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received this message:

"As you know, IntelliShop moved into its new building this past weekend. Among the many details
we've been handling as part of this transition, we're sorry to tell you that we did not update our new
bank account with PayPal in time to add funds for the shopper payments that were to be sent on Monday,
June 11. Because of this, your payment(s) will be delayed until approximately Monday, June 18; we're
hoping to send them sooner, if at all possible. We deeply apologize for this, and we hope it doesn't
cause you any trouble. Thank you for your understanding, and for shopping for us."

This doesn't change my overall positive opinion of the company, but I am posting it as an FYI because I know payment timeliness is #1 concern for many shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  10:47:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kris,

Were you making fun of 'grammar'? Or are those intentional mistakes?

Also, just because MS Word says you spelled a word correctly doesn't mean you spelled the right word correctly.

Example:
We went their.

It's spelled correctly, but obviously the correct word is there.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

ChadFL

West Palm Beach, Florida
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  06:26:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had good luck with IntelliShop. I did several airport remote parking evaluations and a jewelry store, and I received 10's on all four evaluations. They are quick to offer bonuses when the remote parking shops come around, and it makes the shops more than worthwhile.

I like this company a lot, but there's not enough evaluations in South Florida.

Chad
MSPA Silver Certified (0kxroc)
Evaluating Hotels, Restaurants, and Retail Stores in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and the Palm Beaches
Go to Top of Page

LauraFL

Tampa Bay, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  05:57:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having a problem with late payment this month? On the site, it says they pay by paypal on the 10th, but I haven't received anything yet.

Laura
Shopping the Tampa Bay area since 2004
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums