Page: of 44

ChadFL

West Palm Beach, Florida
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  06:59:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LauraFL

Is anyone else having a problem with late payment this month? On the site, it says they pay by paypal on the 10th, but I haven't received anything yet.

I have not been paid either. I sent an e-mail to the scheduler, and I will keep you advised.

Chad
MSPA Silver Certified (0kxroc)
Evaluating Hotels, Restaurants, and Retail Stores in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and the Palm Beaches
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  07:18:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A message from the company was posted on previous page about this months late payments. Refer to it just a few posts back. I think this will help you with your question.
Go to Top of Page

Maneese

Indianapolis, IN
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  09:37:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I received an e-mail from them stating their payments would be one week late this month due to the physical move of their office.
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  12:58:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To update, the payment showed up in my Paypal account today. This was only two days past the original date and five days before their revised promise. So they definitely held to their word, IMO.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2007 :  09:55:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like IntelliShop. I request assignments from them whenever I see them. They don't have too many postings in my area.
Go to Top of Page

RedRobin
Trainee

Georgia
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  1:29:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I picked up a last minute shop from Intellishop earlier this week and just got the comments for my report. I was shocked to see that the editor gave me an 8 for grammar and punctuation errors. As a veteran college composition instructor, I was skeptical. I checked over my report and saw no errors. Now that I see posts from others who've particularly critical editors with Intellishop, I'm not so alarmed, but still slightly annoyed. I'm glad the report was accepted, and I shouldn't let it bother me, but it's a nagging feeling when you know you've done something correctly and been marked down for it anyway.

Silver certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  4:08:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RedRobin

I picked up a last minute shop from Intellishop earlier this week and just got the comments for my report. I was shocked to see that the editor gave me an 8 for grammar and punctuation errors. As a veteran college composition instructor, I was skeptical. I checked over my report and saw no errors. Now that I see posts from others who've particularly critical editors with Intellishop, I'm not so alarmed, but still slightly annoyed. I'm glad the report was accepted, and I shouldn't let it bother me, but it's a nagging feeling when you know you've done something correctly and been marked down for it anyway.

Wouldn't you love to see your "corrected" report?

I have had some of my reports changed so much (another company) that I barely recognized it.
And it wasn't changed for the better either!
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  6:55:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far I have good things to say about this company. The only problem I have is with the receipts. I have uploaded it, got an email to redo it, enlarged it in the paint program and yet it still is not readable to them. They are the only company that has a problem reading the receipts I scan and upload. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Today since I knew this had been a problem before I scanned it, enlarged it 200% and tonight still received email it needs to be done larger. I am not sure how else to do it at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jodi Duffy

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  7:11:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Randi -- if they can't read your scanned receipts, is it possible to try faxing? They have a toll-free fax number. Good luck. These issues can be so frustrating and time consuming.
Go to Top of Page

Jen Ohio
Star Contributor

North Olmsted, Ohio
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  08:18:52 AM  Send Jen Ohio an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always fax my receipts to them, as I feel it is easier for me and have never had a problem.

Finally Silver Certified!!
Shopping Northeast Ohio Full Time
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  9:11:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did one of the audits and was shocked to see that the fee was increased by $2.50 BUT requires an additional 10 photos. The usual shop that lasted approximately 30-45 min now is an additional 50 minutes. Another shop to be added to the 10 feet pole.
Go to Top of Page

Roberta07
Contributor

Chambersburg, PA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  08:00:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company in the past and always been paid promptly. I wasn't crazy about the grade I received for my last shop, but unfortunately the grade was fair. Can't blame anyone but myself for that one!!! I still love this company and will continue to work for them in the future.

Roberta W.
Shopping Southcentral PA and MD
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  1:02:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IntelliShop is a great company. The schedulers are easy to reach and friendly. I have never received less than a "10" on a report and they have always given me clear instructions for completing an assignment.

They are on my "A" list of companies. I just wish they offered more assignments in my area.
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:59:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am having a problem with them. Please read and decide if yoy think it is a "professional" company to work for.

I have worked with them in the past on several assignments with no issues. I also completed their clothing store shop where there is a purchase and return on separate visits. I stopped doing those because it was not worth the investment (you dont get cash refund-you need to wait for reimbursement from intelli), and that two visits and a phone call with so much narratives was not worth $18.

Anyway, I received email from Shannon requesting me to take the shop for the month. I only accpeted in a show of good gesture because she emailed me to do the shop. I completed the shop per GUIDELINES. Upon my return visit, I was told that the item was a "final sale" and cound not be returned of exchanged or anything. Therefore, my return part of the report got screwed. The guidleine never indicated to be careful not to purchase any "Final sale" item, and the employee did not communicate the return policy to me during my purchase either. Basically, there were no guidelines nor the employee communication on the purchase.

All that for my loss. I emailed Shannon about this and also offered that other parts were at least normally done (except the return) and that I could either submit the report without the return part scenario or still make another purchase and try to return it. I expected some kind of gracious remarks or feedback. Then they were checking with their client what to do.

After several days, I received a response form Shannon, stating "You did not make a returnable purchase and therefore can not use your report." The curt response was just a rebuke to me as if I did something wrong. I responded how I would have known that some items were not "returnable" - the guidelines did not warn nor the client associates. No response from them. My emails and phone calls to speak to the account manager Michelle have been to no avail. They are neither responding to my emails, nor getting on the phone to even answer my call.

I have been taken by surprise by such unprofessioanlism. The receptionist knows I am calling and all she has been saying that Michelle was out of the office or she was sick, or in a meeting etc. This has been dragging on for weeks. I am not only out of the shop fee, but also the purchase amount that I spent and can not return, plus I am being the one blamed for it. I would have let the job fee go only if they had responded to me truthfully and shown some appreciation. They should be appreciative that I tried to help. I am only pursuing this on the matter of principle now, since they have been ignoring me like that. Plus their own guidelines were faulty and that their client employees did not communicate the return policy (as also a question in the report).

So my question to you... what is my fault? How do I go about pursuing this further? The company refuses to respond. Where can I complain about this shady business practice?

Thanks for reading

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

SaraB
Contributor

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  3:03:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jahn- The store employee is always supposed to announce if an item is a "final sale" at the register, and I am certain that many customers do not return to stores where it is not a policy to announce a final sale. If "no return on this purchase" or "final sale" are also absent from your receipt, you definitely should go into the store again and ask the manager for a full refund. I do not blame you for being upset; the mystery shopping company should have foreseen that a sale item would have been purchased due to how expensive the other items in the store are. This is really a bad move on the part of Intellishop.
Go to Top of Page

CaudellDe
Contributor

Springville, IN
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  4:11:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would still do shops for them but I could not agree more with the overkill and redundancy of their narratives. If I didn't know any better I would say that the editors get some kind of bonus pay for finding errors that really do not exist. I do not always receive a 10 because invariably I forgot that not only do you have to check the box that states there was no pharmacy, you ALSO have to write the sentence out in full "There was no pharmacy." Gosh, sometimes I forget to go against the rules I have always taught my English composition students for the last 30 years concerning repetitiveness and redundancy.
I don't get miffed anymore. I just find it funny.

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  8:23:35 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jahn, you will probably get nowhere with this company. They are the only company on the MSPA list that treats shoppers so horribly. They are great as long as shoppers don't need their support.

Their normal response for shoppers appears to be the same, no matter what the situation. "Nope, you did it wrong and so be it."

Sorry about your loss and good luck to you.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  09:19:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done purchase and return shops for several MSCs and every time there has been a note in the instructions NOT to buy something that is clearance or final sale because of this very issue. Intellishop definitely should have warned you.

Are you sure there's nothing on the back of the receipt that says anything about it? If so, I would definitely go back to the store and raise you know what if they don't accept it. If that doesn't work, write a letter to their corportate office. If that doesn't work, sell it on ebay!

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  12:01:28 PM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
After reading the purchase-return issue above, if I had to do a return shop, I'd be more conscious as to not pick up an item that is marked Clearance, Final Sale or Red Tagged! I would also ask the cashier, "so, is this returnable? Just in case Cousin Vinny doesn't like the present?"

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

AmyHoffy
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  3:29:25 PM  Visit AmyHoffy's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only done one purchase & return for Intelli-shop. It wasn't clothing, but the "No clearance items" warning was clearly included.

I've only done two others, total. I do this 'cause I like shopping, not returning! (Good thing I Had to do a return at the high-end clothing store, or I might have let myself keep a $280 skirt! But that's another topic...)

Princess Amy Grace
MSPA Gold Certified 10/14/2006
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums