Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

ICourland
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  3:22:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kinda pissed off at them right now, and wondering whether they're worth the bother.

Did a shop *finally* after three visits and lots of wasted gas, as the location was closed for the Jewish holidays.

Gave them a report on time with full narratives, stating my scenario was that I am shopping for a separates set for the office.

Editor emails me a few days later, asking for details on my scenario. I answered that I told them I am shopping for a separates set for the office. Fine.

A few days later, the editor gives me a 7, because she had to contact me to explain my scenario. OKaaayyyy...

I am coming to the realization that editors are gutting reports, and then emailing shoppers, requesting the details they removed. This has happened more than once, and not just Intellishop. It's obvious editors can penalize the shoppers for this anytime they damn please.

Ilene
I no longer shop. Stop spamming me with your shops!
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  07:49:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ICourland

Kinda pissed off at them right now, and wondering whether they're worth the bother. .

Wow! I've never had a problem with them and I have never received anything less that a 10 for my reports. I guess the editor does make a lot of difference.
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  08:33:42 AM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kinda pissed off at them right now, and wondering whether they're worth the bother. ..........
A few days later, the editor gives me a 7, because she had to contact me to explain my scenario. OKaaayyyy...

I never had a problem with them. Matter of fact, while my average score isn't a 10, I'm still happy maintaining a high enough rating to accept most jobs, which require a rating of 5 to 8 and still get paid for my reports. Sometimes I get get uncareful but I try my hardest not to let it happen again. Its best to forget the pain and work around the company's preferences , as you've learned.

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2007 :  12:32:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the purchase/return at the high end clothing store and received a 10. It clearly said I have to return everything, so why bother buying clearance items?

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  5:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HURRY on in for that department store 5 item purchase that now includes a 19 inch television

oh and by the way we get two bucks less
Go to Top of Page

.Nadia B.
Inactive

OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  5:35:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TaraSue

HURRY on in for that department store 5 item purchase that now includes a 19 inch television
So ridiculous. I can not believe they added that.
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  04:21:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for everyone's response on the issue that I had posted. The good news is that the issue has been finally resolved. The scheduler emailed me notifying me that she would take care of it for me. I finally received the payment and reimursement for that job. There was miscommunication on their part, and I am glad that they accepted their responsibility. The scheduler was nice, so I would still consider doing jobs for them as my schedule allows.

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

CraigK

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  05:36:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this is more appropriate for the pet peeve thread but, I received about 5 emails from Intellishop for a electronics store shop on Friday asking for help to complete it that day. They were offering a hero citation. Then on Saturday about 5 more emails for the same assignment, still with a hero citation asking it to be done that day. I emailed the scheduler seeing if there could be any bonus, but they could only offer the citation. Obviously they really needed to get it done, so why not offer me some incentive??? I am not that motivated by a citation! I have only done a few shops for them in the past which went smoothly, so not giving up on them just wanted to share :)

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  10:12:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigK

I don't know if this is more appropriate for the pet peeve thread but, I received about 5 emails from Intellishop for a electronics store shop on Friday asking for help to complete it that day. They were offering a hero citation.

Funny you should mention that as I posted the exact same peeve on the peeve thread!!! I have to agree (obvioulsy) and say that the whole hero citation thing is just not a huge incentive!!
Show me the money and I'll do it!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Kim Edmunds
Contributor

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  3:45:55 PM  Visit Kim Edmunds's Homepage  Send Kim Edmunds an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else noticed a $1 decrease in the gift/card shops they have? I emailed the scheduler asking if it was a typo and got no response--guess that's my answer!
Go to Top of Page

AmyHoffy
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  4:11:29 PM  Visit AmyHoffy's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
A shop I do is down $2 this round, too.

Princess Amy Grace
MSPA Gold Certified 10/14/2006
Go to Top of Page

DanInSK
Star Contributor

Canada
484 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  4:33:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not only has it gone down a dollar but we get paid in US funds which are now worth less than a Canadian Dollar so for us it makes it worse. Another one off my list but I see they still fly off the page with the quick thinking shoppers grabbing them. I wont start my car for what they are now paying.
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  5:41:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kinda pissed off at them right now, and wondering whether they're worth the bother.

Did a shop *finally* after three visits and lots of wasted gas, as the location was closed for the Jewish holidays.

Gave them a report on time with full narratives, stating my scenario was that I am shopping for a separates set for the office.

Editor emails me a few days later, asking for details on my scenario. I answered that I told them I am shopping for a separates set for the office. Fine.

I am coming to the realization that editors are gutting reports, and then emailing shoppers, requesting the details they removed. This has happened more than once, and not just Intellishop. It's obvious editors can penalize the shoppers for this anytime they damn please.

Irene, I feel your pain! Maybe in the future, you could save a copy of your completed report (a PDF as Sassie now offers), so you can have proof of what you submitted in the event this issue comes up again.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Kim Edmunds
Contributor

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  6:01:24 PM  Visit Kim Edmunds's Homepage  Send Kim Edmunds an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanInSK

Not only has it gone down a dollar but we get paid in US funds which are now worth less than a Canadian Dollar so for us it makes it worse. Another one off my list but I see they still fly off the page with the quick thinking shoppers grabbing them. I wont start my car for what they are now paying.

I can get paid at least $1 more for a drive thru shop on the way to do something else--3 minute shop and 2 minute report. Like somebody said on another forum, many schedulers don't understand that this is not a hobby for many of us. And I am sure whoever negotiates the contracts with the clients doesn't take that into account either.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  6:54:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed that their FF shops have also decreased by one dollar. I signed up for a round without noticing the change. In the future I will have to think twice about doing them. These shops even require photos if there are discrepancies. I wonder how many shoppers go to the trouble of taking the picture or just give them a good grade so they don't have to explain, take a picture, upload the photo, etc.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

CaudellDe
Contributor

Springville, IN
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  2:50:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the fees have gone down a dollar in my area also. This just happened this month as I did one of their grocery shops last month before the fee was lowered. Although the grocery store shop has lengthy narratives, I had done 20 or more of them and so was used to the narrative. I know a dollar doesn't seem like much and they do offer $15.00 reimbursement but you DO also have to buy three different products from one department and one item from another department, not counting the large item under the cart. That pretty much takes care of the $15.00. It's a shame because I really like Amy the scheduler and have found her to be very polite, friendly, and easy to work with. However, I think I'll wait to jump on this one again this month.Also, NEVER had any issues with them whatsoever.

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  09:28:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There never seem to be any shops in my area. However, I did luck out and was able to self-assign a home improvement retail store that is less than four blocks away. It seemed to go well, but I really don't like the form to submit the report. The guidelines and the report differed, and my score was an 8 because apparently the information I gave wasn't good enough.

Still, I'd do work for them again...if they ever had anything good available.
Go to Top of Page

Genni

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  04:59:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but this still irks me...hero citation. I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.
A big joke maybe. Unless its something with a signature that I can cash in for an extra $10 (dollars), you can keep it.

I haven't had my coffee this morning! gggrrrrrr

Genni
Go to Top of Page

.Stu
Inactive

Williamsburg, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  02:46:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hero citations are wonderful to paper your walls with, which gives one a deep feeling of satisfaction and worthiness.

Stuwart
Go to Top of Page

HeatherFish
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  11:24:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I have never heard of a hero citation. I guess it is something, but what ever happened to cold, hard cash.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums