Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  4:18:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, Stu, I don't think you can paper anything with them, as they are cyberspace citations. At least mine were.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Rachael Collinsworth
Star Contributor

Winchester, Kentucky
USA
403 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  5:20:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's it, I am done.
Apart from dropping an already low fee to an insulting amount in the middle of a month cycle, they have now changed their payment policy- again without the courtesy of a notice.
Are they becoming more swift with payment- of course not. Payment will now take 2 or 3 times as long. Nearly 90 days in some cases. Forget it. I smell another MSing company in money trouble.
Add to that a bunch of editors who all seem to have their own version of the guidelines and a capricious mind about arbitrarily yanking grading points with no explanation.
When they finally decide to pay me, I am deactivating my account, though I have no doubt after my post it will be done for me.

Rachael Collinsworth
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping much of Central KY
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  6:42:31 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info about the pay! I wish I had know sooner. I was planning on getting paid this week

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

LRoberts
Valued Contributor

Lakewood, CA
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  10:27:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know about anyone else, but I got paid when I was suppost to for multiple shops I did throughout the month of October. I've never had any problems with payment from them.

Lauren
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  12:08:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received payment but for the first time I can remember, I am being charged a fee by Paypal. I remember this subject being discussed on this forum before but I cannot find it.

Is there a way to avoid charges on payments through Paypal?

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  1:28:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only time I have seen a charge on my PayPal is when it is paid through a personal account but it may happen for other reasons. I know of no way to avoid these charges. It is curious that you have never been charged a fee before with this company, but this time you were.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
688 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  2:06:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just reviewing my paypal payments for the past year and have never been charged for a mystery shop payment from any company (including Intellishops)until now.
I have a Paypal Premium account and have requested it be downgraded to a Personal account to see if that helps. I know that I got charged a fee if I sold something on ebay and the buyer used their credit card for payment through paypal. None of this should have anthing to do with receiving payment for a service such as mystery shopping.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  2:16:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe the mystery shopping company used their credit card or an individual paid you. Look at the details of the transaction. Compare the details of this transaction with the details of other transactions with this company when you weren't charged a fee. I bet there is a difference in them.

I don't believe your type of account has anything to do with it. Compare the details of this transaction with others you have done in the past with this company.
Go to Top of Page

CaudellDe
Contributor

Springville, IN
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  3:42:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually I believe the type of account you have with Paypal does make a difference. When I started to read these posts about being charged a fee by Paypal I went to my account, which is a personal one, and then looked at a chart on the Paypal site which shows the differences between a personal and a business account and found that business accounts charge fees in many different areas that are free with the personal account. You might want to see what kind of account you have. I know I have never been charged a fee and have done many shops for Intellishop but haven't done one for over a month for them. Good Luck.

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  4:00:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, if he has never been charged a fee in the past why would he be charged one now. I have a business account and don't get charged fees.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  4:24:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received payment for 1 October shop that was performed before their "cut off" date of change in payment terms. I think the change date was 10/8. The other shop I did for them was after their change date. I won't see payment for that one for quite some time. Urgh. I always liked that I could depend on their payment on or around the 10th. I tend to not shop for companies that take 60 + days to pay. That is unfair and too long IMHO. I like Intellishop, but if given a choice, I will shop for a faster paying company every time.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

AmyHoffy
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  4:29:25 PM  Visit AmyHoffy's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had fees deducted by Paypal today too.

I do have a premium account, and I have requested several times to have a personal account again. They never respond! But I was assured that we don't get fees from regular mystery shopping company payments.

That said, the only other time I had a fee deducted by PayPal was when another company paid our fees with a credit card.

I've sent messages to my scheduler, we'll see if she confirms what happened this week and/or how it's going to be fixed. Anybody hear back from them already?

Amy Grace

Princess Amy Grace
MSPA Gold Certified 10/14/2006
Go to Top of Page

HeatherFish
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  9:05:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It must be a new paypal thing. I got paid through Intellishop the other day and did not get a fee charged, but I did with a survey company's pay today. That is going to eat up a good chunk of change if paypal starts charging fees on everything.
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  03:07:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do you know that the payment schedule has changed? I went to my shop log yesterday and now it asks me to confirm every shop, some as old as two years ago.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

AmyHoffy
Valued Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  06:29:45 AM  Visit AmyHoffy's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
A quick reply from Intellishop received already.

The fee was just a Paypal error. They've contacted them to fix it, but we can send messages from our accounts to let Paypal know too.

I missed the new payment schedule notice, too. But I did notice on a posting that starting Nov 13 the "confirm" feature was going to be required.

I'm glad that my scheduler here is one of my all-time favorites.

Princess Amy Grace
MSPA Gold Certified 10/14/2006
Go to Top of Page

HeatherFish
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  2:39:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email from Paypal saying the fees will be reversed. Yeah!
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  4:19:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Before you login there is a note saying: Hello! Our current payment policy has changed as of October 8th, 2007.
For more information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.

Bad thing is I didn't notice it either until reading about it here on the forum. So use to just going to the page and logging in.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  12:54:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had fees deducted from my most recent Intellishop payment but four days later Paypal returned my money. I will give Intellishop the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Go to Top of Page

Rachael Collinsworth
Star Contributor

Winchester, Kentucky
USA
403 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:15:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The fee deduction was strictly Paypals error and had nothing to do with Intellishop. They took the fee from my account but refunded it days later.

But Intellishop has changed their payment policy. Check their FAQ page for specs.

Rachael Collinsworth
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping much of Central KY
Go to Top of Page

LadyMiller

Newark, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:24:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them on Sept 11. 2007 and was paid on Oct. 11, 2007.

Silver certified in Ohio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums