Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Tom - OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
206 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  04:07:51 AM  Visit Tom - OH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intellishop is a great company to work with. I have worked with them for several years. Payments are always on time and they offer a variety of assignments.

Sincerely,

Tom
MSPA Gold Certified
Coast to Coast Scheduling Services
E-mail: Tom@ctcss.com
CTCSS Job Board: www.ctcss.com
Go to Top of Page

Pam_Meek

OR
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  4:44:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Although I am not super excited about the pay date change, I love this company and would never hesitate to do a shop for them again. The scheduler that I have contacted has always been professional and quick to respond. While the grading can be kinda hard, I love how they give me feedback, instead of just posting a number. It makes me feel that those "10s" have earned a place of honor.

Silver Certified Shopper tsbltv
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  6:25:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just recently did what I thought would be quick and easy order/cancel shops. You have to use a credit card, cancel within 5 minutes. First problem I run into is that if you have ALOT of these shops, the customer service rep starts asking you, "Why have you cancelled 3 orders today?" When I talked to Intellishop, they said they never had any problems with that before. Since you're using a credit card, you can't use different names because they validate your card.If you give a fake name using your credit card and the name will kick the card out and come back declined. So, I don't see any way around the multiple calls/cancels in a day problem, any suggestions? It won't take long for one of the customer service reps to see that she is being, "shopped."
Anyway, second problem I had was that since you cancelled within 5 minutes, I figured they would not be actually charging your credit card, and it was not listed in the instructions that yes, you will actually have a charge on your card. Unfortunately, I had approx. 17 of these shops in a 2 day period. The company charges your card and then takes their sweet time taking the charges off! I'm on day 6, and the charges have still not been reversed off. When this happens, that money on your card is "tied up" Considering that I had just "charged" hundreds of dollars on my card, I think it would be appropriate for the company to say in the guidelines that you will incur charges, at least for 6 days in my experience.
One thing I didn't want right before Xmas was hundreds of dollars being tied up on my credit card!
Anyone else have this problem, or am I the only lucky one?
Also, any tips on the multiple order/cancels?

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

Kim Edmunds
Contributor

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  12:52:02 PM  Visit Kim Edmunds's Homepage  Send Kim Edmunds an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had a shop with this company that was cancelled while you were out doing the shop? My scheduler doesn't seem to think they have a policy for paying cancellation fees for late cancellations.

I have never had this come up with them but I know at least 3 of the others companies I work for pay cancellation fees. One of the companies pays according to when we are notified of the cancellation with respect to the original shop date.
Go to Top of Page

Tom - OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
206 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  1:15:38 PM  Visit Tom - OH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intellishop is a good company to associate with.

Be advised though they changed their payment schedule recently. They used to be a fast pay company but now they pay approximately 60 days from the last day of the month your shop was completed.

Sincerely,

Tom
MSPA Gold Certified
Coast to Coast Scheduling Services
E-mail: Tom@ctcss.com
CTCSS Job Board: www.ctcss.com
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  08:50:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, after 5 emails to the scheduler, I still have not had my problem resolved about charges NOT being removed from my credit card for phone shops call and cancels. They have a slew of these shops, what are others experiences with making these shops? Has anyone had the same problem. I've entered a new billing cycle on my chargecard, so now I'm paying interest on the money that was put on and the scheduler still hasn't come up with a solution. I've waited because I did not want to blow their "cover" but I feel like I should just call the company that i was buying/canceling from and tell them that I canceled these items!
I'm getting rather upset with the lack of communication from Intellshop regarding this matter. It has been over 2 weeks since I did the shops and the charges still have not been removed....advice?

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  2:59:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynda, I did not take any of these shops; just didn't like the sound of it. If you charged these to your credit card you should probably be able to not pay for them if you dispute the charges with your CC company. If I understand your posts correctly, the CC company won't hold you accountable for that part of your balance until the disputed charges have been checked into. It doesn't sound like Intelli-shop will be much help.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  4:05:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would dispute with the CC company and do whatever is in your best interest. You have waited more than long enough for Intellishop to correct the situation.

Also, next time use AMEX, it's so much easier to dispute with them, you can even do it online

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  9:51:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks...just received an email today from the scheduler saying their "working on it" and now I have to find the "order number" and give it to them. You don't have to ask for the order number on the shop, so this should be interesting. Really ticks me off tho. Lesson learned here about these particular shops!

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  10:54:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You probably should not have requested or accepted 17 order and cancel shops with the same company. The scheduler definitely should have not assigned them all to you. There is no way you remained a 'mystery'.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  11:54:41 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It wouldn't really matter to me if it was 1 or 20 shops. No shopper needs to have their money tied up at this time of year. Shopper support is definitely not a strong point or obvious concern for this company.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  12:11:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think there is anything wrong with a shopper accepting as many shops as she is permitted to do. Lynda was under the assumption, as I also would have been, that the order would be immediately cancelled. If there is a problem with the way the shop was structured, that is not the fault of the shopper. Additionally, her problem has not been with anonymity but with getting the charges removed.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  12:23:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two of these and I was billed and credited the same day.

Anna
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  11:53:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was definitely my understanding that that was one of the reasons you called to cancel within 5 minutes of ordering. There would then be no "charging" and "un-charging" since it was so fast. Wrong. Out of all the ones I did (approx 17 I think) 9 were actually charged against my credit card.
I didn't think anything of getting assigned that many. They seemed quick and easy, no outlay of money, simple forms, etc. Unfortunately, I soon found out that there IS an outlay of money, they do check your credit card as soon as you give it to them (which means everything has to be true. Your name, address, etc. You can't call with a fake name, which means the co. starts getting a clue after the 2nd call/cancel that's somethings up! Red flags all over for that, and your anonymity is shot.)
I see they're doing another round now...no thanks.

I wish I would have had your luck Anna!

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

GretchenHau

OH
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  5:40:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had big problems with she merchandise being shipped, charged to my credit card and no response. I would not do these shops again, and didn't do the last 2 scheduled shops because of the charges. Didn't help my rating, but I can't affort the charges, hubby is laid off. Other than that I have 1 location I do on a rotating basis, and I do several of them, but this one location, I can't get a decent grade, always problems, never greeted, no one there and I always get dinged. I think I will give up that one location, makes life easier.
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  6:03:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
and I do several of them, but this one location, I can't get a decent grade, always problems, never greeted, no one there and I always get dinged. I think I will give up that one location, makes life easier.
You always get dinged?

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  07:21:59 AM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynda K do you have a debit card that you can use. If you use debit most stores will give you you're refund in cash.

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2007 :  08:37:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YClayborne

Lynda K do you have a debit card that you can use. If you use debit most stores will give you you're refund in cash.
My understadning is that LyndaK's shops were phone shops though.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Karla_Renee
Apprentice

Reading, PA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  07:06:56 AM  Visit Karla_Renee's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like working for Intellishop, but the fee for the convience store I always do has been dropped........again. This is the second time since Aug or Sept. Now it's down to $5. Is this happening with any other of Intellishop's shops? The convience store I do is very easy, 10 min instore, then anywhere from 15-30 min to write it up and then enter it. But $5 is below my limit.

Karla
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  08:29:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed 2-3 of the shops I do for them have gone down by a dollar or two in the past six months.

I really like working for them, though.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums