Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  09:44:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So I have a question - IntelliShop says they pay 60 days out from the last day of the month in which you shopped for them. But I got paid less than a month after the last shop I did for them. Do they pay on a monthly schedule, or are they still 60+ days out, and my faster payment was an anomaly?

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  10:30:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They used to pay out sooner, on or around the 10th of the month after you did the shop, I think? It changed to the current policy in October. I received October pay a little before Christmas, so that was my first experience on the new pay system. I have some November and December shops still awaiting payment, so I would guess yours was an anomaly.

I have noticed that my shop log updates to Payment Pending inconsistently--depending on the client, I'm guessing. Shops for one client show pending within a week or two of the report submission, but with another client they never showed pending--just payment received after I had been paid. Same for November shops--one client has shown pending for a while, now, but the other does not.
Go to Top of Page

Cate
Contributor

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  11:00:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find myself getting a little concerned when I see pay drop and payment times lengthen. It is certainly a pity we don't get to see the balance sheets of the companies we deal with before we contract for a job. There are some MSPs I do work for that I just keep my fingers crossed I will get paid and others I have enough concern about that I no longer do shops for. I figure that if they need to wait for the client to pay before they can pay me they are probably too close to the brink of disaster to mess with. I have no way of knowing if this is the case with Intellishop, but they do exhibit the two classic symptoms I watch for.

Cate
Go to Top of Page

MoniJ

Trumbull, Connecticut
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  2:53:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was disappointing to see that the pay for the shop I usually do for them dropped by $1. Don't think I will be doing them unless I'm desparate or they get bonused.

Monij
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  3:48:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with Cate. The extended payment time and lowering of fees does not bode well with me, and I no longer jump on their shops as I used to. I've enjoyed shopping with them and will continue, but I am definitey being more selective and cautious for the time being. They have always paid me like clockwork and the shops have been interesting and varied..we'll see.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Tom - OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
206 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  2:02:12 PM  Visit Tom - OH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Judi. When a company lowers fees and extends the payment date, it sends up a red flag with me. Over the years Intellishop has been a very good company to do assignments for. However, I noticed a big change last year in some of the assignments I used to accept regularly. They reduced the amount offered for the assignment by 40% but wanted the same time and effort spent doing it. Their explanation was that competiton forced them to lower fees. Now with the payment schedule at 60 days, I don't accept many. BTW, they recently built a brand new office facility. Go figure.

Sincerely,

Tom
MSPA Gold Certified
Coast to Coast Scheduling Services
E-mail: Tom@ctcss.com
CTCSS Job Board: www.ctcss.com
Go to Top of Page

Nichole74

Pittsford, Vermont
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  09:38:25 AM  Visit Nichole74's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is now offering "Hero Awards" what's a hero award and what good does it do me?

N. Smith
Silver Certified h8hdav
Go to Top of Page

HeatherFish
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  10:51:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nichole74

This company is now offering "Hero Awards" what's a hero award and what good does it do me?
See page 15 of this thread.
Go to Top of Page

Aimee G
Star Contributor

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  11:55:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gave them a report on time with full narratives, stating my scenario was that I am shopping for a separates set for the office.

Editor emails me a few days later, asking for details on my scenario. I answered that I told them I am shopping for a separates set for the office. Fine.

A few days later, the editor gives me a 7, because she had to contact me to explain my scenario. OKaaayyyy...

I wonder if this is what happened to me. I turned in a report where I had to give a direct quote. I said the associate thanked me and said, "Have a great day." I also had to say whether she pointed out any promotional items. She did, and I named the item, but didn't describe it because I figure the client knows what their promotional items look like. Then I get a note from an editor asking for a direct quote on that one question. Since I had already given the direct quote, I thought it must not be a long enough quote, so I moved "Thanks" into the quotation marks. I didn't know what else to do because there was nothing else said that I could quote. And I described the promotional item in tedious detail. I got my very first 8 with a remark that they had to contact me for more information. I was devastated. Besides which, I only took this job because I like the scheduler and she asked me directly. I had done this same shop my first month out and quickly decided the pay was not worth the report they expect on this one. After that score, I decided I wouldn't run out and do this one at the last minute again, even if it is a mile from my house.

Aimee
Go to Top of Page

NinaS
Contributor

Vernon, BC
Canada
84 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  10:37:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just a couple of e-mails from Intellishop schedular to do card shops for $9 and I had to make a purchase out of that amount. Can you believe how low priced some shops are getting? Doesn't even pay my gas at 1.20 litre or 5.00 a gallon.
Guess maybe we need to work for free and be happy
Go to Top of Page

CraigK

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  2:19:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received payment for Nov shops yet? There is still a few days left before payment might be considered late, but just checking. I think Nov shops are the first ones with the new payment policy. Looking forward to payment notification after waiting almost 3 months :)

Craig
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  2:34:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received payment for November shops on 1/21 through Paypal.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  2:43:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received payment for dec. shop, but only shop fee, no reimbursement paid yet!

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2008 :  5:25:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received November shop payment last week through Paypal, except for one shop which was done the last day of the month. I suspect that pay will come with the December pay, as the report wasn't verified or edited until December 1 (I entered it at 11:30 p.m. the last day of November).
Go to Top of Page

Tom - OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
206 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  05:55:22 AM  Visit Tom - OH's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nichole74.. a hero citation is an internal reward that they give when you help them out of a tight spot on an assignment. My understanding is that their internal schedulers take hero citations into account when they decide who gets certain "plum assignments."

I have gotten several of the citations over the years. The ones I received were in addition to a monetary bonus that was paid for completing the assignment. It's very hard to get excited about the citations anymore when a monetary bonus is not included. In addition, you now have to wait 60 days or more just to get paid fees which they have lowered over the years.

Sincerely,

Tom
MSPA Gold Certified
Coast to Coast Scheduling Services
E-mail: Tom@ctcss.com
CTCSS Job Board: www.ctcss.com
Go to Top of Page

Lori P
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  2:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am very new to MS and I have only done two shops so far, one for Intellishop and one for Shop n'chek. I have what is probably a basic question. Why is it that the job listings say things like its an "easy shop" and make it sounds simple by only listing the icing of the shop and you can't get the full requirements until after you accept the shop? Once you get the shop and read through the guidelines you find out that the shop will take an hour, the report will take another hour, you have to get the genealogy for every person whom you come in contact with on the shop, do a nice ballet number and then check out the bathrooms when you get a minute. Of course I am being sarcastic, but what is the harm in showing all the requirements beforehand? We already know what store it is and the location. I'd appreciate some insight into this.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  10:21:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lori,
You might want to read the Pet Peeves and Demeaning Job Descriptions threads, which contain many messages along these lines.
If a shop description contains the words, "No hassle," run like the wind!!

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

RSLawshe

Orlando, Florida
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  06:03:10 AM  Send RSLawshe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
After they changed their payment terms a few months back, I decided that they were not even worth shopping for.. First, the lowered comissions, and the extended payment time makes me worry if I will ever get paid (I STILL have a payment issue from 6 months ago that they will NOT help with). There are many other companies to shop for, without the bad attitudes that I have seen from numerous schedulers at Intellishop (Alicia excluded.. she was great)

Rob
Shopping West Central Florida... Orlando to Naples to Wildwood...
Go to Top of Page

CraigK

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  1:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had some recent payment frustrations with intellishop. I completed an upscale restaurant shop the first week of November. There was large amount of money that I needed to lay out for this assignment. Prior shops that I completed for them were paid very promptly, but in November they had their payment schedule change which I was not thrilled about. I should have been paid by January 20th. The month came and went with no payment.

I contacted payroll and was informed that the shopper pay box in my report was unchecked and that is why payment wasn’t triggered, and that I would need to wait for the next months scheduled payment day. In my mind this was unacceptable. I completed the assignment to the best of my ability, followed all instructions, completed the report that night, promptly sent in my receipt, and received a 9 as a grade. Why should I be penalized for their clerical error? I would not have been this upset if it was only a $5 reimbursement but I was out almost $200 for more than 90+ days. They stated payment could not be triggered early. I just received payment today.

My other problem with this company is that when you send them an email you get an automated response basically saying you won’t get a response if we answer your question in our FAQ. The payroll person did eventually respond to me but I had no way of knowing if/when that would happen. She was very apologetic, but unable to resolve my problem. I wish they would have been more responsive to my situation given I did everything correctly.

Why are MS companies in general the first to ball you out when you do not follow part of the requirements or their policies, but we are not extended the same courtesy? It is just frustrating. I might shop for them again, but I do not think I will accept a shop with a large upfront cost due to their new lengthy payment schedule.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  3:00:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had been considering taking on a loan shop for them but came here first to check out shopper consensus. Glad I did Thank you shoppers for your candid posts.

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums