Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

RSLawshe

Orlando, Florida
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  3:23:27 PM  Send RSLawshe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The other issue is the "Hey,it's not our problem, it's yours" attitude that I have encountered with numerous employees at Intellishop.... Some of the most unhelpful people that I have ever encountered in this business!

Rob
Shopping West Central Florida... Orlando to Naples to Wildwood...
Go to Top of Page

Linda Pearlstein

Osprey, FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  2:56:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've decided that IntelliShop may need to revise its name, based on the following experience.

I did an audit shop that required me to check the store for specific lists of brochures. On two questions, the store had all the brochures except one. Hence, the answers to those questions required a "no," because one brochure was missing from each list.

I received a query from an editor, asking me to attach photos to those two questions because the store was in "non-compliance."

I inquired politely how I could provide a photograph of a MISSING brochure?

Today I received a second query from a different editor, reminding me to provide photos for the same two questions.

I sent the second editor a copy of the email I had sent the first editor, emphasizing this time the word MISSING.

Will I now be penalized for having two editors query me?

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  4:20:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, you will most likely be penalized...
They asked me once to provide a photo on a audit to prove that there was no sticker on a box, but it could not have anything but the box on it, as it was a close-up picture.
So, you want a photo of an nondescript piece of cardboard? OK...

To be fair, since I've stopped doing the audits, I am a happy camper with their shops. The strictly MS shops are easy and pay quite well, or so I think.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  05:52:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda,
You just need to send/attach a photo of the general brochure area and say the specific brochure was not present. Otherwise the system would keep asking for one since you answered "no." Just send any photos with brochures and say these were the only brochures available.
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  01:00:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am new here, but have been shopping for 2.5 years in all variety of shops. I recently signed up with this co, but they do very few posted shops in my area (HI.) I got a fine dining shop that was offered last week after they "lowered" the standards from an 8 to a 5, but with only one day notice. I applied and finally got it after a couple months of trying. Then I read this thread. Horrors! I do fine dining routinely for some 2000 word shops and dreaded this after reading the back postings in this thread. I teach college, but am not tenure track, and I need this money to pay the bills and my college loans, as well as have some fun (or not...) evenings out with my spouse on the MSC's $. After reading the threads here, and being 12 hours late, I was sure I would not get paid. I am happy to report my exp. is very different. I got a 10 and great feedback plus an "Excellent Job!" So while I do not know yet if they will reimburese me in the real time they say they will, I can say it is possible (even with some errors in grammar, which I only noted after the report was done) that even being 12 hours late on a weekend and having 1 or 2 errors even a new shopper for them can get a good score. But that details can never be enough thing is I think what got me the score.
So thank you all that have posted here over the past years, it was reading this that gave me an idea exactly how I needed to go that helped me get this score. THANK YOU, everyone.

dee

Dee
Go to Top of Page

KellieR

NY
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  8:14:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the company but I am still waiting for payment from a February shop. Is anyone else still waiting? It seems like this is a common thing for this company.
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
462 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  8:27:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
February's payment will be coming in the next few days....they pay around the 20th of the month 2 months after the shop is done, so February's payment will be around April 20th....I've got 2 from Feb. that are due, and I know the payment will be there.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  04:32:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always get payment on the 21st of the second month following the shop--so January shops got paid March 21, and February's shops should be paid April 21. I did check a few days ago and my February shops had a status change to "Payment Pending" so I'm not worried. I know it will come.

They do state that the payment schedule is 60 days following the last day of the month the shop was completed. That change was made back in October. I don't care for the longer schedule--they are regularly one of the latest paying companies I shop for--but I don't worry about getting paid. I know I will get the money.
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  07:01:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thank you all for the information about their less than ideal payment schedule. I did three shops for them in March so its been 45 days. I can wait (although impatiently) 60 days+ for the shop fees but they should be more prompt when they ask you to pay for out of pocket expenses. In my case I purchased supplies for $40.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  04:51:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has ANYONE here ever gotten anything other than the canned response from cami roth? I write and get the canned response,, but never get anything else. Is she real? Has anyone ever gotten a true response back to whateve you asked of her? If so, I applaud you. She ignores my mails.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  05:29:08 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe you should re-read the thread. Personable relationships and communication with their shoppers is not at the top of their priority list. Don't take it personally.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  10:18:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read the thread, Pam, several times. I don't take it personally, but I do find it incredibly rude to get these emails saying "you will get a response in 24 hours unless you answer can be found in FAQ's" and to have questions that absolutely are not addressed in FAQ's ignored....

I am just beginning to think that Cami Roth is a computer avatar instead of a real human.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  11:21:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone once again for the "details cannot be enough" notes. I just did another FD shop for them. Once again I submitted it later than their 12 hour deadline. It was a scathing report of totally ineffective and inattentive service from our server. I was really nervous as this was only my 3rd shop for them, and I saw that many of you noted that everything was fine till you wrote something negative. Mine was incredibly negative, but exceedingly detailed about why it was so negative. Must've worked, I got a 10. But it was 3500 words. Too much work!

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  7:32:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I just looked over a "non-purchase" shop which would a) take about 45 minutes of reading to prepare for; b) cost me about $7 in gas -- as it's on a day I can't combine with any other errands; c) require at least 1/2-hour of driving time; d) take a minimum of 1/2-hour of my time in the store; and e) take at least another 1/2-hour to fill out the form.

So, "net" pay after gas = $5 for well over 2 hours of my time... and I wouldn't get paid until early August! I don't think so.

Go to Top of Page

RSLawshe

Orlando, Florida
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  05:33:40 AM  Send RSLawshe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cami DOES exist, I have had a few conversations with her... Of course, in the end.. "It's not my problem" was the result

Rob
Shopping West Central Florida... Orlando to Naples to Wildwood...
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  06:01:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Of roughly 30 shops I have actually shopped for, I think Intellishop is the one I like the least. I have done supermarkets and department store shops for them, both requiring out of pocket spending. At the supermarket, cash was required. At the department store, it was required to purchase several items, one being an item that can not fit into the cart (which meant it must be something like furniture, which is expensive), and then a return after an hour. For all the trouble of that particular shop, the pay WAS $25, but is now showing as $23! Unless you have a truck and someone who can lift a heavy item for you if you cannot, you're going to be carting the item out to your vehicle like me, and then struggling to get it to fit inside the car and stay there while you just hang out in a nearby store. I never got paid for one particular shop I did while new to mystery shopping, because they claimed that one of two receipts I sent did not come through on their fax, and I shot myself in the foot by misplacing the receipts, therefore I couldn't re-fax the one. Yet, I know for a fact that I faxed them both, back to back. I followed, as usual, all directions on all shops, but still never scored above an 8, and even lower than that on some with Intellishop. Conversely, my average score with every single other company (nearly 30) except COMPANY_NAME_REMOVED is either 9 or 10. For as long as I waited to land that department store shop, I would never even think of doing that one again, and especially not since they lowered the pay by $2! They should be increasing the pay by about $10, if you ask me!

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page

CandyJ

DE
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  6:55:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here shopped the multiple jewelry stores they have listed? I just attempted to sign up for two of them only to discover that as I do not have a college degree (never finished) I am apparently incapable of handling these assignments. Nevermind that I actually have an account at one of the stores on the job board and have made multiple high dollar purchases there. Anyway, I understand that they are free to set the terms however they or the client see fit - but I am enraged at the assumption that I cannot convincingly portray myself as a high dollar shopper without a degree. Oh - and for a $20 shop. Seriously????

Okay, I feel better already just getting that out. Still - I may just cancel my account there as I am ineligible for everything on the board at the moment. Is it the same for the FD shops listed? Am I smart enough to eat???

Candy
Go to Top of Page

LorettaG
Valued Contributor

MO
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  8:38:07 PM  Send LorettaG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CandyJ

Has anyone here shopped the multiple jewelry stores they have listed? I just attempted to sign up for two of them only to discover that as I do not have a college degree (never finished) I am apparently incapable of handling these assignments. Nevermind that I actually have an account at one of the stores on the job board and have made multiple high dollar purchases there. Anyway, I understand that they are free to set the terms however they or the client see fit - but I am enraged at the assumption that I cannot convincingly portray myself as a high dollar shopper without a degree. Oh - and for a $20 shop. Seriously????

Okay, I feel better already just getting that out. Still - I may just cancel my account there as I am ineligible for everything on the board at the moment. Is it the same for the FD shops listed? Am I smart enough to eat???

I finished one of the jewelry store shops and am scheduled to do another one. I've never done a FD shop for them, but I have done FD shops for another company that requires a minimum income level and a college degree.

Loretta
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

BeverBob
Valued Contributor

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  10:35:49 PM  Visit BeverBob's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intellishop has been good for me... so far...

Bob
Go to Top of Page

MDTrimm

Knoxville, TN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  4:57:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done lots of shops for them. In years past, they were among the fastest paying companies (10-25 days); now they are the slowest - at least 60 days from shop to payment and usually closer to 80 days. I don't use them unless it's somewhere I was going anyway.

Mike
Gold Certified Shopper in Knoxville, TN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums