Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Karen C
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  4:22:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am contemplating doing one of the pretzel shop audits. Has anyone done one? It says it has 25 pages you have to print out. At least it is revealed. I have never done one of these. Comments, please. The instructions say it can take 1 to 3 hours....to perform the shop. How long does it take to input the report?

Also, are there any further pay issues, other than the 60-day wait?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  4:36:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My last shop for them was probably my "last".....and after 60 days I had to email to get my payment.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

MartinBetchy
Contributor

Clairton, PA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  12:45:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only shops I do for them are the We Card tobacco shops. They pay within 30 days, anything else is 60 days or more and I don't wait that long! other than the pay, great company, fast responses to e mails and usually willing to help out with gas money!

Marty
MSPA Silver Certified in Pittsburgh, PA
Go to Top of Page

Char96782
Contributor

HI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  12:54:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I saw that e-mail too...was so tempted to sign up but...I passed. Would love to hear from those that have done it in the past.

Char
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  11:20:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is fairly easy and straight forward. You just go down the checklist. It is 25 pages long because they use a lot of paper to show you exactly what they are looking for with each question. All yes and no answers with an explaination only required for the no's. Photos are also easy. Tip: Have an employee explain the process so you know what to look for.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  11:39:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry S

It is fairly easy and straight forward. You just go down the checklist. It is 25 pages long because they use a lot of paper to show you exactly what they are looking for with each question. All yes and no answers with an explaination only required for the no's. Photos are also easy. Tip: Have an employee explain the process so you know what to look for.

You have to PRINT it all out though Larry, plus I believe you have to print it out in COLOR because of pictures in the form.

So you have to consider that cost when looking at the shop fee.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  5:24:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MDTrimm

now they are the slowest - at least 60 days from shop to payment and usually closer to 80 days.
No, that would be Service Sleuth.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  7:09:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris T:

I always turn the color off on my printer and set the quaility to Fast Draft. You can copy the form to Word, reduce the size which reduces the ink and paper load.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  06:08:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did an ice cream shop yesterday. The time in-store was as they had told me to expect. What I didn't fully understand was how long the report would take, mostly because of the ridiculously slow upload times with the photos into SASSIE. Now, maybe I should have used smaller files, I don't know - they didn't give any instructions on that but did say it could take up to 2 minutes per picture. Well, I had over 30 pictures. So, do the math...and that's without any other time - renaming pictures, answering questions, etc.

So overall, between reading the instructions, travelling to the job, doing the job, and inputting the job - it was probably 5 hours. I will not do another.

But the people were very very nice, and the walk-in fridge smelled a HECK of a lot better than the ones at KFC!!!!
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  10:37:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marge,
Not sure if this helps, but I have a camera dedicated to MS. I have preset the megapixes to 640x480 which is the standard size for uploading to the web. It's a small file size and uploads quickly. No resizing or editing is required. Most I ever do is rename the photos if required.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
688 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  4:43:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a hint with Sassie photo uploads. While you can only load one photo at a time, I found that I can return to the questionnaire and continue answering questions while the photo uploads. This saves time as I do not have to sit there and wait for the photo to finish uploading. However, don't try to upload another picture before the first upload is done as this did not work for me.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  11:35:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AmyK: I do just the opposite. I take the picture at the highest possible resolution so that I get a good clear picture then reduce it using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Most of my pictures now upload in seconds. Also, I gave up renaming my pictures long ago. If I have a job with more than 3-4 photos I open a new folder with the job number so I can keep them straight. Less than that I just put the photos in the main folder for the MSC. If you are uploading the pictures within Sassie or another MSC program the pictures are attached to your file so renaming them is pointless. The MSC's want you to rename the pictures because they think we are too stupid to determine which pictures belong to which shops. I set my broswer on thumbnail so I can see the picture and not relay on names or numbers. I have never had a shop or picture rejected because it wasn't named and I do a ton of photo shops.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  9:17:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a tempting e-mail for a fine dining shop but am hesitant after reading these pay issues. Anyone done a fine dining with them? How was reimbursement on those?

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  08:21:44 AM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's no pay issues with this MSP, they just pay about two months after a shop. I've never had a problem. They pay takes a long time, but it gets there eventually.

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  08:38:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have always paid as agreed, when agreed. I've never had a problem with them either.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  05:31:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the craft-type store audits on their board now? No mention of paperwork involved, but it's a price audit of 80 items for $20. Sounds like 2 hrs in the store + submitting, printing the list, and travel.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Robin in OR

Oregon City, Oregon
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  3:39:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AndreaGayle and others wondering about fine dining: they offered me a shop with a great reimbursement, so I took it. They require a LOT of narrative, and I type slowly, so I factored this in. The next day, they reviewed the report: I got a perfect score!
So no worries, do it and see what happens. Just be prepared to comment on EVERYTHING. Get quotes. I have not had payment issues with this company; you just have to wait.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  7:29:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay like clockwork to Paypal between the 21st and 23rd of every month, but the pay is for a shop that was a few months before. No issues, as long as you know it will take a while to get your reimbursement. July shops will be paid this month, which is exactly what the payment terms tell you.
Go to Top of Page

Susan_in_NC

Huntersville, NC
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:20:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jennifer. The pay does take longer but they're dependable, so it's never been an issue for me. Their reports are not overly detailed and the grading is fair. I've enjoyed shopping for them.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  10:56:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering about their craft audits also. 80 items seem like a lot to do, if we have to do it covertly; especially in the smaller fabric stores.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums