Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:54:08 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just under 60 for my last payment...My next shop to be paid is at 50 days right now and its showing as Pending on their site.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

AngieMck

Western, VA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  06:27:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done several shops for this company and they are awesome!! All the schedulers are easy to get in contact with and they pay right at 60 days.

Angie
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  2:03:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done many shops for this company and I find them fair and reasonable. They have upscale shops and they pay according to their schedule. I look forward to more of their shops.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  12:42:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just finished upscale restaurant yesterday, and don't remember report being so involved. Has anyone else found this to be true, report took close to an hour, and they don't pay a fee any longer.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  1:19:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought the report was as involved as any other fine dining shop. I guess I didn't shop for them when their reports weren't long and involved. Also, it was strictly a reimbursement shop when I did it. I did not receive a fee in addition to reimbursement.

I did enjoy the evening out.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  1:32:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was about to say that I wouldn't complain about an hour report for an upscale dining full reimbursement shop as we'd probably be talking over $100 free meal. In fact I typically spend at least a couple hours pounding out a hefty narrative for fine dining shops.

BUT, I just glanced up and saw it was Intellishop, and quickly remembered why I wouldn't accept a costly shop from them. If I did it today, the earliest I would be paid is the end of May. For those who have spare money to front months in advance, enjoy your meal. Myself, however, I can't afford an expensive dinner without having the reimbursement in 30 days.

Back to the topic though... Irene, in your experience an hour to do the report for a fine dining shop isn't common? Any that I've done, I think I'd feel guilty if I spent less than an hour on it.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  2:10:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I do shops for another company that do not have all the narritives, mostly narivites on no answers. I agree with the long pay wait, my card will have interest by the time I get paid...loved the meal, but, not jumping at the chance anymore. I joined the restaurant's Eat program, and get rewards, will use that. They should pay within a month, think I will write them.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  2:53:09 PM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They don't pay within a month, nor should they, as their policy is clearly stated on their site.

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  3:01:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand that, but longer than 2 months is not acceptable. I worked for them (and still do) for over 2 years, when you used to get a fee. Putting the meal on a credit card is 2 months of interest, I don't see that as fair, regardless of what the contract says. Shoppers Critique and others pay much quicker...I know, I can say no, but, yesterday was doing two shops in Westwood, and wanted a great lunch!!! (Edited) just got my review...first 10 for Intellishop....very proud, it was a bear of a report. Not one mistake, not bad for a senior.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  07:22:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irene_L.A.
I worked for them (and still do) for over 2 years, when you used to get a fee.

I've worked for Intellishop upward of three years now and they have never paid a fee for their fine dining around here. I wonder if it's a regional thing.

BTW, I have done 18 shops for them and have received 14 "10" and 4 "9". Not bad for someone whose grasp of the English language might be limited.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  11:47:22 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
anyone been paid recently? I have a shop thats been showing pending for a couple of weeks...its been 64 days since the shop...Not too concerned about it as they always pay, but just wondering if someone knows a more concrete schedule..

Thanks

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  12:12:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They send payments to Pay Pal approximately 60 days from the last day of the month your shop was completed. Sometimes it takes Pay Pal up to 5 business days to process payments once they have been transferred. This is from the Intellishop site.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  12:38:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the water heater pricing audit? Is it as straightforward as it seems?
Go to Top of Page

J. Dean

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  6:30:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarrieMK

Has anyone done the water heater pricing audit? Is it as straightforward as it seems?

Yes. Those shops are dead simple. Just remember that you have to make a purchase which is not reimbursed.
Go to Top of Page

Ebony

Denver, CO
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  10:43:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanting some advice. I did a shop for them two months ago and I received an email with my evaluation which was a 10. Well I was looking at my overall score for them recently and noticed that it dropped by a full point. The shop I received a 10 on now says I received a 1. My overall score is a 9 so I can still self assign but I don't want schedulers to look at my history and see the 1 - giving them the impression that I flaked or something. Should I push the issue or let it ride?

Ebony
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  12:30:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ebony I would sure want to know why and how my shop grade dropped. This sounds like it could have been an error of some type. I have never heard of anyone receiving a shop grade of 1.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  08:40:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have seen directions were a "1" is a shop that was not completed and the shopper made no effort to reschedule or contact the scheduler for an emergency. This guidance was with another company, not Intellishop, but I assume they use a similar type of range for shop grading.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

Ebony

Denver, CO
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2009 :  9:18:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sent an email informing them of the mistake and asking if it could be corrected. I included the original evaluation email which showed I received a 10. Hopefully they will respond soon and this will be taken care of.

Ebony
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  09:51:36 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just sent an 'incomplete' email saying that my narrative requires more information for a shop that I completed just about a month ago! First time I've seen that happen so long after the shop was initially done.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  1:05:04 PM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's rare, Jason, but it does happen.

A few months ago I was contacted by another MSC regarding a shop I had done almost 6 week earlier. I asked the person who called why it was so long after the fact. She told me that in most cases, such calls were done at the request of the client because they feel the narrative was incomplete, they wanted more information to try and understand something that happened during the shop, or the manager of the location shopped was challenging the veracity of the report.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums