Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  2:00:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only had one instance where they waited an unusually long time and it was almost 3 months. I had been on a retail shop and while I was browsing 2 employees walked by badmouthing a 3rd employee and they were using language I chose not to inlcude in my report. When I was contacted they wanted some quotes. I had to tell the scheduler I didn't remember exactly what was said and hadn't written it down exactly anyway. I gave him the jist of it. I'm not easily offended, but was really taken back by how loud and public they were. I'm not sure why the client wanted to know exactly what was said unless they thought I was the type that would be offended by something much milder. Believe me, these comments weren't mild by an stretch of the imagination!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  3:37:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a similar experience with another MSC where they wanted to know what the employees were arguing about. The editor explained the client was interested in knowing if anything said had a racial, sexual, or religious slant to it. It makes sense that they'd want to ensure no civil rights or discrimination issue was brewing in their flagship store, or any of their stores for that matter. But like you, Lisa, I didn't make note of the exact quotes at the time, but was able to confirm that the argument did not involve anything personal in nature. Just a couple employees arguing about who was to move a stack of heavy boxes. The laziest one won.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

SuzyTani
Trainee

Lakewood, CO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  2:11:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"This company is the least shopper supportive company I have run across."
PamInCa,
I agree with you - they wouldn't pay me the full reimbursment for an oil change shop I did for them because they said I got synthetic oil instead of a basic oil change. I tried to tell them that my car does not take synthetic oil and synthetic oil changes are double what a basic oil change is not a $4.00 difference, the attendant made a mistake on the reciept. No one has responded to my emails or phone calls and they refused to pay what I put out and no fee on top of it. I certainly learned a big lesson with this company. Not only do they take a long time to pay, they are not responsive to their shoppers that work for them.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  3:18:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got to say, my experiences with contacting schedulers and receiving help have been all positive. Maybe the difference has been the types of shops. I've never done any fine dining or oil change jobs. I have done the pricing audits and car dealerships. I agree they pay slow, but now that I've been at this over a year I get payments from them every month. I just have to remember to go back an extra month to mark it paid on my spreadsheet!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

MicheleinFLA
Star Contributor

FL
USA
334 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  3:22:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Lisa. I've never had a problem and I've done all types of shops for them.

Michele
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  3:47:36 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan, I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I say from first hand experience they will probably not change their mind. I would love to be wrong, so please let us know if they change their mind.

Things go great with them as long as things go great. Just have no issues and not need their support and you will be ok.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JenniferA

CA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  3:51:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have nothing but good things to say about this company. I have completed many jobs for them. The two schedulers I work with regularly (Renee and Andrew) have been nothing but helpful and have always responded to my emails.

Jennifer
Happily shopping away in the Yuba, Sutter, Placer, Butte and Sacramento counties
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  7:56:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The experiences seem to be at polar opposites. This is embarassing to admit, but since the company is getting slammed I have to share. Just two months ago I completed two shops for them and then proceeded to get deathly ill. I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. Needless to say, my shops were late. I explained what had happened, did the best I could do as soon as I could and I got nothing but sympathy and understanding from two different schedulers. I even got really good ratings on the reports with just a small deduction. Granted, I have been working for them monthly, had a good track record and this was a first, but they could have easily blown me off and reassigned those jobs.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

SuzyTani
Trainee

Lakewood, CO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  07:31:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You were right PamInCal, they did not pay me the difference, which I expected but I want to say that I am not slamming them for that LisaSTL. I am very discouraged that they did not have the courtesy to reply to my emails or phone calls to let me know the reason why they are not paying for the full reimbursment. If there is a logical reason, let me know and I will live and learn but to not communicate with me at all is unprofessional, after all what can I do now??? I'm just one shopper that won't be taking anymore jobs from them because of this. I am glad that the rest of you have had no problems with them and hopefully that continues but I judge a company by how they handle situations such as this with some sort of respect for the person that did work for you, and I have always gotten a 10 from them, including this shop.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  10:00:09 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuzyTani

I am very discouraged that they did not have the courtesy to reply to my emails or phone calls to let me know the reason why they are not paying for the full reimbursment. If there is a logical reason, let me know and I will live and learn but to not communicate with me at all is unprofessional, after all what can I do now???

You move on, sign up with two more companies and blow them off! It is not worth it to dwell on it.

I thank them in the long run because it taught me to make sure I never made the same mistake again. You will be better for it as well, no one will ever make a mistake on your receipt again.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  5:47:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irene_L.A.

Wow, I do shops for another company that do not have all the narritives, mostly narivites on no answers...

To get better scores, one should provide a detailed narrative that supports "yes" answers as well as "no" answers.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

MartinBetchy
Contributor

Clairton, PA
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:48:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed working for this company last year, I did 20 or so shops and got 10's on all of them, however they were the same type of shop, so maybe that made a difference. I haven't shopped for them in a long time because they don't have many shops around me anymore and what they do have is all new car shops, which I don't feel comfortable in.

Marty
MSPA Silver Certified in Pittsburgh, PA
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  9:08:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having trouble with website? Just on last spell check/submit and website seems to have gone down. Tried opening from both IE and Firefox...no luck.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

SherryLightning

Mission Hills, CA
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  10:13:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 4 new car shops for Intellishop yesterday. They were all near each other and weren't hard. You don't have to go as far as sitting down and talking about financing. Just take a test drive if they offer it.

It was kind of fun pretending that I wanted to buy a Mercedes and a BMW!
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraF
Contributor

Fruita, CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  3:00:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long does it take to get paid??? I am still waiting on pay from jobs back from July.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

CarrieMK

RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  3:15:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My last several have been paid two months after on the 20th. I am waiting on July also and expect payment around 9/20. It seems like I remember them saying 60 days after the end of the month of the shop.
Go to Top of Page

Bernie M
Trainee

Gaffney, SC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  11:03:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, they pay two months after the shop if they pay you at all! I had one pending for 3 months and when I asked when i'd get paid they said i didn't follow the scenario, and I wouldn't get paid for it. This after it said I had a grade of 10!
No more for me with them!!!!!

Bernie Mathlage
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  12:21:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised to hear that people haven't gotten paid by them. I have done many shops for them and have had no problems. In fact, the shops that I like to do for them go fast. They are often gone an hour after they are posted.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  3:03:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Too long for me too. Last jobs I did for them took over 90 days to pay.

In this day of technology, I see no good reason for this. Understaffed, or insolvent and having to wait for client payment to do payroll, either way is too spooky for me, having been stiffed by more than one company in the past.

Waiting on client approval of reports before paying the shoppers is also poor business, IMO.
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  7:49:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had a great relationship with this company since I began shopping over three years ago. They certainly are not fast payers, however I've never had a payment issue of any sort. When a job has been bonused, the bonus has always been paid along with the regular payment. I've been asked a couple of times to add or clarify information in a report with no negative impact on payment.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums