Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

SheenaC

CT
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  10:33:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They recently contacted me about shops I did over six weeks ago for more detail. The strange thing is I already gave additional email bc they emailed after I completed the shops the first time and gave them more info. I just dont know what else they want

Sheena
Shopping CT
Go to Top of Page

RBSawyer
Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  12:24:02 PM  Send RBSawyer an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have sent three emails to this company in regards to an incorrect reimbursement for a job I completed in July. I was paid for the job in September, but I was not paid the correct amount, so I have ended up losing money on this shop. It is not a large amount of money, but it is the principle of the matter that I am not happy about.

Robyn B Sawyer
Go to Top of Page

LoriB23
Valued Contributor

Louisiana
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  2:29:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had a good experience with this company as well. The schedulers are very patient and professional. If something is not quiet right with my report, my scheduler always gives me a chance to correct it. I never had any problems with payments either. The only thing I ever disagreed with is the fact that one of the assignments I went out to do; The place was no longer there. I wrote that on my report page That the place was no longer there and I was still issued a citation and She labeled it as a flake. I took pictures of the place but I was unable to get the picture off of my cell phone. So now I am wearing this citation. I know this may sound contradictory but this is what happened and I like this company even though I am marked.

Lori
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

CaudellD

Indiana
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  09:00:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else noticed that the grocery shop reimbursement has increased $2.00 but the $6.00 shopper fee, which used to be $7.00, has been taken away entirely? Hmmmmmmm.......am I missing something here?

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

.LisaS
Apprentice

IN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  8:49:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SheenaC

They recently contacted me about shops I did over six weeks ago for more detail. ........I just dont know what else they want

I just did my first shop with them and I wondered the same thing too. My directions said for every question to give lots of narrative, type several sentences. We are talking about a sandwich here. There is only so much you can say about it.
Go to Top of Page

Othman Ali

Anaheim, CA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  11:46:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intelli-shop is anotherone of my favorite companies. I've done several shops for them and my experience has always been a positive one. They pay on time, and the pay per shop is usually above average (at least I have found it to be so). They are also good in working with you if you had a valid reason that prevented you from doing the shop. Great company to work for!
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  5:30:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SheenaC

They recently contacted me about shops I did over six weeks ago for more detail. The strange thing is I already gave additional email bc they emailed after I completed the shops the first time and gave them more info. I just dont know what else they want

Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  6:09:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for the company too. The schedulers and most editors are caring and informed. The pay is above average due to the extensive narratives. The editing process is a bit slow on the car dealership assignments........often 3 weeks or so. This places a burden on shoppers, schedulers and editors, as we all try to re-create the finite details several weeks later with a deadline looming. I was under the impression that they were working on that process when I spoke with an editor today.
Go to Top of Page

Bethany in PA
Apprentice

Vandergrift, PA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  05:36:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for Intelli-shop. I'm still quite new a MS and this was one of the first companies that gave me a chance. Everyone I've had contact with has been great, very helpful and willing to answer a newbie's questions. I haven't gotten paid for anything yet, so I can't comment on that aspect.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  08:54:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a solid company, but it is terribly annoying to try to recreate a shop 3 or more weeks after it's been submitted. Since they require us to submit timely, I certainly wish they could get to editing promptly. I also hesitate to take many of their shops due to extensive narratives and very slow pay. The pay IS reliable, just slow.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  5:40:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsJudi

This is a solid company, but it is terribly annoying to try to recreate a shop 3 or more weeks after it's been submitted. Since they require us to submit timely, I certainly wish they could get to editing promptly. I also hesitate to take many of their shops due to extensive narratives and very slow pay. The pay IS reliable, just slow.

I was just thinking the same thing about their editors. Do they realize how many shops I have done since that one two weeks ago? Could you read a little faster? Then, to email me and ask for more information

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

INJohn
Contributor

IN
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  06:10:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know anything about the 'webinar' required for the pretzel audit? I'm supposed to perform the audit this week and have emailed the scheduler twice about the 'required webinar.'

I still haven't received a response.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

John
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  12:46:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot believe this. I just got an email telling me about the truck stop shops where you buy some candy. Pretty easy shop but get this: they have lowered the fee from $10.00 to $7.00. No slowly lowering, theses folks just jumped right in. I'm so burned if I was driving right by I wouldn't take it.

I may never make my first million at this rate.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  5:29:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsJudi

Ms. Judi, I don't know if my method would work for you, but, what I do is to type all of my thoughts into a Word document, just using question numbers and then my narrative. Then, after I've entered all info into the report, I save my word document with the name of the shop and the date. Within the narrative I keep, I cross-reference items which relate to each other, regardless of whether or not they are mentioned twice in the report.

On the one occasion where an editor needed a clarification, I was able to go back and read my original, "raw," script and recall what was needed.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  9:05:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the thought, Avery, but I do keep a copy of my narrative and the report. My point was that it simply is a PITA to go back to the shop once it has been completed for several weeks. Once I've submitted a shop, it's out of my mind. I do too many to have to go back and look up details weeks later. Some of the things that they come back for are, IMO, ridiculous and repetitive. Of course, they zing you a point for having to contact for more info. Sometimes I think it's their way of making excuses to the client as to why the reports are taking so long to get to them. It's mostly with the auto shops. Other clients are usually no problem at all and seem to be edited faster. Maybe it's me and I'm not cut out for the automobile shops, although I've certainly done a lot of them for many companies over the years. It bugs me when the shop is described as SIMPLE, EASY, QUICK and then the truth is they want a novel with full flying details of every statement and the reasons behind the statements and how they said such and such, and when they said such and such..etc. I'm taking a break from shopping for new cars for a while.

Sounds like you are working really hard for your $$ the way you do it. If it works for you, that's great.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  6:17:19 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shop: Last weekend of September.
Score: 10
Paypal: 11/20/09
Amount as agreed.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

LizKa

Manhattan, KS
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  04:39:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done two shops for Intellishop. I was disappointed when I realized how long they take to pay though! It's odd because out of all the companies I've seen they really seem to take the longest. I didn't have to put any money out for the shops I took, so it isn't that bad, but it was a disappointment. I felt the shop was fairly easy, though I was nervous the first time, because it was the first time I had done an automotive shop. The first one I did was a mess and I didn't get the proper documentation though, but they passed me with a 10/10 and a 9/10! I was really worried it would be rejected because they were adamant in the instructions about receiving proof and I wasn't given it, even when I asked! Thankfully my scheduler Renee was really nice about it. She's great!

I'll post again when I receive my payment from them, which won't be until January, I think.

Liza
Shopping North Eastern Kansas!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  05:20:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email yesterday with the subject boasting that $10.00 shops are back. Now I'm wondering if they couldn't get anyone to do the shops for $7.00. Also I wonder if it was Intellishop who lowered the fee and not the client since the turn around happened so quickly.

Perhaps this proves that if we stick together and just refuse to take the pay cuts the companies will raise the fee to where they were before.

Any thoughts on this????

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
364 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  07:32:39 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

There's no doubt in my mind a percentage of the lowered fees had nothing to do with the economy, rather it was MSCs taking advantage of the situation to improve their profit line at our expense. HOWEVER, I in no way criticize such an action, as it's prudent business. It's our responsibility as contractors to attend to what's best for us. Only when we refuse to work for what each considers unacceptable, is there any hope for change. I'm ABSOLUTE in stating that if the jobs continue to be grabbed with gusto, with some MSCs we'll see them lowered until they sit and are bonused; it's the principle of supply and demand. I do understand though, some folks aren't in the financial position to refuse any work. As has been established in several threads, to each his/her own.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  11:19:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Bob. The MS companies will pay what the market will bear. If we do not accept low-paying jobs, they will have to increse the pay or not get them completed. I often see the same job with different pay from different companies. I have learned that if I don't like what I see, I look elsewhere.

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums