Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

MelissaSiet
Contributor

Granger, IN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  1:54:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like to work for Intellishop:) I moved to a different state and havent not MS in a while but am getting back into it. ANyways when I did the fine dining shop they alloted I think 50 at that time and the report was long, but not any different from their other reports, kwim. They basically wanted to know about service, quality of food and atmosphere:) HTH

Melissa
Silver Certified 2006
Mishawaka, Granger and South Bend

Melissa
Certified Gold :)
Serving Indiana-South Bend, Mishawaka and some surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  11:48:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judi, What's wrong with the brake shop? I'm thinking about taking one - bonused.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  02:34:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently did the "free" brake shop. I ended up getting charged for the inspection and the report was very detailed. The only reason I agreed to do the assignment was because I really was having problems with my brakes. But I wouldn't do this assignment again if there was nothing wrong with my car.

Heather
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  02:54:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to wait over an hour for the inspection even though I made an appointment. Then they showed me all kinds of things I "needed" to get repaired for a very large dollar amount. I just felt uncomfortable with it and way too much time was involved for the fee. There was something wrong with my brakes, but I had my own mechanic fix it for much less than what they were going to charge. I just did not trust them and their grimy location that I was stuck in all that time.

How can one think they are going to waltz in there and have their brakes "looked at" and leave without hassles? Unless you need something checked on your car, I wouldn't consider it again. You have to know they are going to try and sell you the world and if they are busy, your time is clicking away! Maybe the location I went to was an anomaly, but once is enough to turn me off..LOL

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  02:56:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BTW, are they the company that used to do the fondue restaurant? I did do that one several years ago and enjoyed it very much. The reimbursement did not cover the cost, but it was a special night out.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  05:14:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsJudi

BTW, are they the company that used to do the fondue restaurant?

In my area, those were done by TNS. They stopped those a while ago, though.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  07:37:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, I remember now. Never mind!!

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  08:53:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm losing my mind..I just deleted my post from a few days ago instead of editing it. I meant to add that the shops I was paid for this week were from December, not November, my bad, so they do pay in about 60 days..still slow.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm working too much and too late!!

Judi
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  09:21:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for saying you deleted that post. I was beginning to wonder what I had responded to

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  3:17:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am annoyed with them right now. Supposedly I submitted a good report, but got a grade of "8" because they had to contact me. The reason they contacted me, on a Sunday, was because I only uploaded one page of two of an invoice. The form did not allow for both pages to be uploaded and there was nothing on the guideline about uploading both pages. I responded within five minutes, but the fax number they gave me did not work on a Sunday. Instead of taking the fax, it went to a voice mail. I also emailed all five forms to the scheduler.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  12:30:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ValricoConnie

I am annoyed with them right now. Supposedly I submitted a good report, but got a grade of "8" because they had to contact me. The reason they contacted me, on a Sunday, was because I only uploaded one page of two of an invoice. The form did not allow for both pages to be uploaded and there was nothing on the guideline about uploading both pages. I responded within five minutes, but the fax number they gave me did not work on a Sunday. Instead of taking the fax, it went to a voice mail. I also emailed all five forms to the scheduler.

I have gotten 8 out of 10 because they 'had to contact me' to ask me a question that wasn't on the original form. Also once they said they contacted me for more info, but I had the form on hold and wasn't finished with it! It was still before the due date, too.

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Brenda C

Aberdeen, NJ
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  4:58:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had any problems with Intellishop as far as getting paid or submitting my reports. I only had one instance with one of their clients for the brake inspection shop. I made an appointment for a brake inspection and waited one hour past the appointment time, then they took an hour to take the car apart. I had planned this visit with plenty of time in between another very important job that I HAD to appear for at a specific time. I was pacing up and down, ready to jump out of my skin. LOL I was trying to be patient, but they were INSISTING that they do at least 'something' that I needed after they found all sorts of things that needed to be done! It turns out an employee who just started working there recognized me from a mutual friend, and he offered to take me to my next job if I only let them do 'something' on my car! I finally made my next appointment by the skin of my teeth after they put my car back together, but will never go back to that location again, nor will I have my car taken apart again if I don't intend to have 'anything' done to it!

Shopping Jersey!
Go to Top of Page

Kimberley
Valued Contributor

Columbus, Ohio
USA
177 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  09:37:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is precisely why I refuse to do brake or oil change shops. The people are paid on commission and they try to pressure customers into having work done. They have you at their mercy when your car is disassembled. It is not worth a free oil change to me to have to spend 2+ hours perched on a folding chair or "stretching my legs" while I count the cars in the bays and note all the other things. I did one oil change shop at a place whose name sounds feline and that was enough for me.

I do like working with Intelishop, though their turnaround is slow. At least most of the shops I've done there don't require out of pocket expense. Their guidelines are clear and their schedulers have been fair to deal with.
Go to Top of Page

KathleenInCA

Los Angeles, CA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  2:16:47 PM  Send KathleenInCA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I managed to get myself deactivated by this company, but it was years ago, and I cannot remember why. I'm also a much more experienced shopper now. Anyway, any suggestions for getting back in? I filled out a contact form, but they "may or may not respond."
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  2:39:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed an online evaluation with a $10 reimbursement since that was the exact cost of the product that I had to purchase. Well that was correct, but there was sales tax. I was told by the scheduler that I would be paid the sales tax and included in on my report and it is clearly shown on the email "receipt" that I attached. I just received payment, but they shorted me the sales tax. I'm not going to make a big stink about it, because it is less than a dollar and the pay was decent considering that I did it right at home. I am going to try and get it though (I've got two other companies that don't seem to want to pay me anything, so I'll concentrate on those.)

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Linds

West Valley City, UT
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  8:41:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get messages about Intellishop and read all of them. All I know is when I started out 4 years ago I worked my tail end off for them and they have always treated me great. I've had a few problems with people that have graded my reports, but thats ok. I thank them for treating me so good. I dont do as many as I used to... Got burned out BAD....but I will always try to help this company with assignments

Linds
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  09:03:29 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not to open a sore subject, but has anyone had difficulty recently in getting paid from Intelli-shop? I did some shops for them in early March and expected to get paid close to the 10th of the month in May yet haven't rec'd any notifications, other than the "Payment Pending" block on the payment screen.

Please advise anyone. Thanks!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  11:49:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been my exeperience all along they pay on or near the 24th, not the 10th. And always on time.
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  05:36:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did a shop for them 3/36 and rec'd payment 5/14. I think 6-8 weeks is the norm for them. IMHO: I think they are one of the better MSC's around

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MelissaSiet
Contributor

Granger, IN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  06:11:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
6-8 weeks is norm, I love working for them:)

Melissa
Certified Gold :)
Serving Indiana-South Bend, Mishawaka and some surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums