Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  2:37:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They don't have a lot of work here, but I find what they do have straightforward enough and, sometimes a small bonus is offered on one in particular. Never give a thought to payment, as it is always here on their schedule---definitely slower than many companies, but never any problems with payment.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2011 :  7:05:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ValricoConnie

I am annoyed with them right now. Supposedly I submitted a good report, but got a grade of "8" because they had to contact me. The reason they contacted me, on a Sunday, was because I only uploaded one page of two of an invoice. The form did not allow for both pages to be uploaded and there was nothing on the guideline about uploading both pages. I responded within five minutes, but the fax number they gave me did not work on a Sunday. Instead of taking the fax, it went to a voice mail. I also emailed all five forms to the scheduler.

They did this to you too? I am also annoyed with them because I got a grade of "8" because they had to contact me for information not required in the report. In addition, after doing another shop on short notice, they failed to give me the promised hero citation. Maybe it was because I didn't get a photo that was added after I downloaded the requirements and questionnaire. Boy was I surprised when I saw that one when inputting the shop!

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  4:29:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I have responded elsewhere on Volition....
I don't get upset any more about scores.
I pass, I get paid.... regardless of a score or 7, 8, 9, or 10
Or if they ask for info that wasn't on the report....
Hero citations are BS...show me the money!!

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MitchellC
Contributor

Macon, GA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  5:02:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
John, I'm with you. Back in my bartending days I thought it was pretty cool to get phone numbers from girls in my tip jar....until I found out my landlord wouldn't take them for rent. "Atta boys" don't pay the bills.

MSPA Silver Certified - Merchandising Middle GA
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  09:25:15 AM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mr./Ms. Proofreader,

You don't have to worry about me capitalizing "Sandwich Steak" again... I deactivated my account. Find someone else to drive a hour each way to do your shops to be criticized for capitalizing the name of a particular type of steak. One capitalization error in 827 words does not justify lowering the rating.

Go to Top of Page

CathyStucker
Contributor

Sugar Land, TX
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  10:18:14 AM  Visit CathyStucker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ms.Baker, I empathize with your frustration, but I have to say that I agree with John and MitchellC. If Intellishop has a policy that any change or correction means they drop the score, so be it. Going from a 10 to an 8 or 9 is not going to do you any harm.

I get a lot of 10s on my reports, but getting a slightly lower score does not cause me to lose sleep or stomach lining. Now, if I got a 5 (out of 10) I would be unhappy. That would be a big surprise.

I have only shopped for Intellishop a couple of times, but they were well-paying shops and I was glad to do them. Intellishop is a great company and I will definitely work with them again.

Cathy Stucker
Author of "The Mystery Shopper's Manual"
http://www.idealady.com/tmsm.htm
Go to Top of Page

Dave C

Aurora, CO
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  11:11:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done various shops for them for several years. I like them because they pay as agreed, and the pay is fair. I agree, it's annoying to get points knocked off for tiny so-called mistakes, but I've learned to ignore it as long as the report is accepted. Also, they are responsive if I have problems.

David Cundiff
Go to Top of Page

Nicole P.
Valued Contributor

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  8:54:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my experience, some there are responsive, and some are not. As I stated previously, they deactivated me last year as I "was found to have criticized the MS industry on public forums." And that is a quote. Not really accurate, but I have criticized certain firms, and did criticize the length of Intellishops payment/reimbursement terms when someone from their firm wrote on another forum that they strongly prefer GOLD shoppers. (Yes, I am sure they do. Gold Shoppers who can afford to wait for their own money reimbursed in 90 days. Who wouldn't?)

Apparently, some of their own schedulers, ones I had good relationships with previously, did not even know this info about my "status", as I have received several personal messages, as recently as last week, asking me to take shops for them. Some were bonused. When I wrote that I was confused, and why, I got an apology and that "You cannot be reactivated."

Okay, fair enough. I don't really care. But why does whomever did the deactivation in their system not communicate it to their own staff? Why can I still log in, if I choose to? Why does one hand not know what the other is doing? THAT is the kind of thing that I despise about some MS companies.

However, before this event, I learned really early on when shopping for them that I needed to pick and choose their shops well, and look for the decent paying ones - because some are not worth the fee offered, and some are. And know that I WOULD wait a long time to get my own money back from some pretty pricey restaurants.

They, as a firm, are not awful. Some folks there are great, and some ARE awful. However, their payment terms had gotten longer in the time I was shopping for them. That is something I find disturbing. So I don't miss them.

Nicole
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  9:22:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Baker

Mr./Ms. Proofreader,

You don't have to worry about me capitalizing "Sandwich Steak" again... I deactivated my account. Find someone else to drive a hour each way to do your shops to be criticized for capitalizing the name of a particular type of steak. One capitalization error in 827 words does not justify lowering the rating.

From a "10" to a "9" for the capitalization of the word "Teller".

Go to Top of Page

MelissaSiet
Contributor

Granger, IN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  12:29:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would love to know what words or grammatical errors I am making, so I can get better. I find it hard to beleive they would drop your scorewith a few words being not to there liking. I am not an english major so I know I probably have many errors. oh well....If we were all perfect they wouldnt have anything to do.

Melissa
Certified Gold :)
Serving Indiana-South Bend, Mishawaka and some surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Dee

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  7:31:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have to preface this by saying this is 1st time that Intellishop has made a payment error.

With that said, 2 April shops out of 4 were not paid.
All received 10 scores, and all were done on the same day. I notified the scheduler via the help button and received an immediate response saying sorry, my bad - they didn't go to accounting, and they'll be paid next month. I responded that while I appreciate the honesty, I think accounting should issue an immediate paypal. These shops were done early April, so I already 75 days, and I'm not willing to wait another 30.
-Intellishop demands excellence from me, so give me excellence in return. (No, I didn't say that - but I feel that way)

Crickets from the scheduler.

Is there a way to speak to accounting to see if this is possible. I have never found a way past the schedulers. Are they the only people we have access to?

Sandra Dee
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  07:33:35 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Interesting shop for the weekend. Was assigned a shop and discovered that it has been closed for business 2 months ago. I called the phone number listed in the guidelines and the shop owner stated this. More so, I was in the area anyway and discovered that the shop was originally in a trailer park and that the trailer park tenants had abandoned the premises.

Emailed my scheduler this, and just heard crickets. Now the automated shop alert is saying my shop is due. Yet how can I do a shop if it doesn't exist? I sure hope to not have my rating penalized as a "flake", because that just wouldn't be right.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  09:58:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eric -

I have been sent to locations which have closed, which are under construction, which have never existed, etc by various MSCs. When possible, I take a picture and submit it in lieu of a receipt. It is not always possible to take a picture. In cases where a receipt submission is required as the first step in the reporting process, I either submit the photograph or a brief explanation on paper which I scan. I then indicate in the report exactly what I found. If required, I answer every questions as yes or no. Then I email and explanation to the scheduler as well. Some MSCs start off by asking if you completed the assignment, and if not, why not? That makes it easier.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  1:15:28 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harvey, thank you so much! I never considered your approach. My shop is still in open status yet I'm contemplating on going out and just taking a photograph just as you mentioned. I emailed the scheduler both yesterday and this morning, to no avail.

Its going to be interesting because the location the store was in is in a trailer park, and I just feel funny taking a picture of someone's place should they still reside there. I'll take a pic of businesses all day long but of personal residences, no way.

Thanks for the insight!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  1:48:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does the trailer park have a community name sign anywhere close to a street sign? Many don't, but some do. A street and community sign would show you were there but wouldn't be taking a photo of someone's home.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  8:33:56 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandi, there isn't any signs on it at all. Looks like a personal residence in BFE. And yes, I was worried about seeing come out with a shotgun!

Eric
Go to Top of Page

Joan_in_DE

Newark, DE
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  06:13:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love you who inhabit this Forum. I just discovered what to do should I arrive at a business that is closed. The one time that happened to me, there was a hand scrawled sign citing the new location. I happily dashed over, completed the assignment and let the scheduler know the new location. Taking pictures and filling out the report, regardless, is a wonderful way of approaching a business that is no longer in existence. Thank you all!

Joan_in_DE
Gold kt5fir, Video Certified
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  7:29:06 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm convinced that one particular shop Intelli-shop has that requires a business card is a really a red alert for mystery shoppers. There is not one doggone business card in the entire store if you ask! And even if you do, the salesman's eyes just light up, as if "Mystery Shopper" is written on my forehead.

Whoa is me! This business card deal with these shops....Argggggghhhhhh!!!!

Eric
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  08:18:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eric, sometimes I hate getting business cards too! In some cases, getting a business card is easy and appropriate for the shop ( i.e. bank, car dealership, auto shop, etc.). Yet I worked for a company last week, 2 check cashing shops, and I really don’t think they are in the habit for customers to ask them for a business card. In both shops, the employees had to go scrounge-around for a business card. At one shop, it was a old used business card, where someone had used it as a notepad on the back. I guess the employee did not know that it was writing on the back of the card, yet I thought it was tacky for them to give me an old used business card.

Yet in both cases, as soon as I asked for a business card, the employee at both shops lit-up like a Christmas tree and were just so nice and friendly as could be. So it seemed once I asked for the business card, it was like an electric sign had been switched-on on my forehead that said “MYSTERY SHOPPER!”! LOL!!! Last year, one shop that made me mad, was when I had to get a business card from one of the employees that worked in the investments department of a bank, and they did not have any business cards. You would think if you can’t get a business card, that giving the employee’s name and basic description should be sufficient (evidence that you were at the shop, along with the detail information you needed to provide in the report anyway) when working a shop where it is out of place for a customer to ask for a business card. Yet luckily I was able to successfully explain in my report why I did not have a business card. The scheduler accepted it, and I got paid for the shop without any incident.

David King
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2011 :  5:01:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

I'm convinced that one particular shop Intelli-shop has that requires a business card is a really a red alert for mystery shoppers. There is not one doggone business card in the entire store if you ask! And even if you do, the salesman's eyes just light up, as if "Mystery Shopper" is written on my forehead.

Whoa is me! This business card deal with these shops....Argggggghhhhhh!!!!

I'm curious. What type of business is this, without naming names. Retail or service? One time, I had to get a business card from a Wal-Mart employee. Hell-o???

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums