Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

SusanJinFL
Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  5:31:13 PM  Visit SusanJinFL's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nice company.
I just completed my first job for them a couple of weeks ago and received payment very quickly.

~~MSPA Silver Certified~~Shopping Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

MarcyJ
Contributor

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  6:04:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was paid in less than 3 weeks for a shop I completed for them. This is the kind of company I want to continue to work for!
Go to Top of Page

LeslieA

CA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2004 :  7:47:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I finally got my first shop with them last month. I'm surprised that I already got my payment through Paypal, they're great! Sure beats Hilli Dunlap where I am still waiting payments from November.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  02:57:53 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What can I say that has not been said?

Their shops almost always fly off the board. To avoid leftovers, you better have your Yahoo messenger on to tell you when those emails come. More than once, at least three regular shops in my "back yard" have been snatched before I could get them. The job board is a good guide to the shopper competition in my turf. If something sits on the board, Lorry is not shy about an occassional bonus offer.

Support is top notch. When I was really green in this business, I had some concerns on my first shop for them. Somebody was available at the phone all day. (Yes, I called more than once.) They were patient as I stated my concern. I received an answer each time. Lorry has been repeatedly responsive to my emails at night. My editor always makes comments in Sassie. That first report was an eight. My editor's remarks told me why. She remarks her appreciation for the detail in my reports. My last grade was a 10 thanks to those comments and guidance.

Paypal payments are on schedule.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  09:46:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay like clockwork on the 10th of the month. I'm LOVIN' it. Other (slow paying) companies should take note!

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  05:57:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be traveling to Maryland in the next week or so, so I figured I'd do some shops while I'm gone. I love working for Intellishop, as the pay is good and schedulers are excellent, but when checking their job board, I noticed all their bank shops in Maryland (actually all their shops for one particular company) are for a teller transaction AND then a platform, plus..you have to call beforehand to get telephone training...all for pay of a very low single digit! Is this the normal pay scale, or has it been severly cut? I can't even imagine doing a teller and platform for that amount.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

LauraB
Star Contributor

Frederick, MD
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  06:19:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed that too, Lynda. I had assumed it was a typo, as the fee was more than triple that amount previously. No sign that it is being changed, however. I'll keep my , but I'm not holding my breath. It's very sad if they consider our services to be of such little value.

MSPA Gold Certified #4xgoix
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  07:44:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was kind of hoping for the typo too! I do financial shops for them in my area and their forms are 8 pages! Lots of commentary! I can usually get one done well in 30 minutes, and that's just for the platform, not including a teller transaction. I wonder if I should email them and ask if it's a typo? Or perhaps the contracting company just cut the pay tremendously. I'm hoping this is not a new trend for them, as I do shops for them every month and the fees/payments are like clockwork.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  09:55:16 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
LyndaK;

Drop the scheduler a note. Note your experience in that type of shop. Tell them what you told us. Make a counteroffer or package offer. It has worked for me with a different kind of shop.

I just checked the Volition Job postings. Some of the shops you are considering are listed there at a better pay rate. YMMV. I do not know how long that may be true.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Merrl
Star Contributor

CA
USA
535 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  10:09:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Something's got to be wrong with that bank posting in MD. There is another bank posted in CA. The pay is nearly three times that for MD, and you just to meet with a CSR.
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  10:47:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also noticed what Jeff said. Some are posted at a reasonable, good fee, others are posted at a lower single digit fee, and others are a dollar LOWER than the single digit fee. The shops I do in my area are NOT for the same company, but I'm still figuring that with a teller transaction, report, plus a platform, they have to be at LEAST a few pages long.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  12:03:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The narrative forms for their audits are longer than the average. I always consider that when scheduling/applying for assignments with Intellishop. However, you will not find a more professional and reliable-with-payment (as well as positive feedback) company. They have many well-paying bank shops in my state that they have difficulty scheduling. They also have varied assignments that are fun to complete. I highly recommend Intellishop to any mystery shopper.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

ValerieAk1
Valued Contributor

Woodbridge, VA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  07:10:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have done lots of shops for this company and some of the newest round of bank shops. The low single digit fee you see listed is for the teller portion. There is another fee for the platform portion. I received invite e-mails that showed the combined amount. The shops have two reports and they show seperate in my shop log, each with its own fee. Long narratives for me. I try hard, but I am not a gifted writer. Sometimes I score well and sometimes I get the comment "some of your scores do not match with comments". I score each question then write a comment about it right after, so I don't really know where I am going wrong. I sure wish I could see the report after and know what they changed line by line. I got a 7 (ugh),8,10 and 10 this month. Great company, prompt payment, but tough editors.

Valerie
Go to Top of Page

Laura
Contributor

Hood River, Oregon
USA
78 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  12:00:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I absolutely love working for this company. Not too many shops around my area, so when I can grab them I do. The schedulers are some of the most sweet, patient people I have come into contact with. If you need to extend the date and they are able to, they go out of their way to work with you. As far as pay goes, I have NEVER had a problem getting paid. This is one company who is stuck with me for life!

Gold Certified in Hood River.
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  1:00:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Valerie for the information!! That's good to know that they're paying in two parts, and that the fee posted is not for everything. Again, I LOVE working for Intellishop, and it's good to know that they didn't reduce their fees.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

ShanG

Ellenwood, GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  4:42:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would love to shop for this company because it seems that they have some great shops. I receive emails from them for emergency shops, but they are always scheduled by the time I get to them.

I would love to know their posting procedures because I never receive an original email regarding new shops. Oh well, I guess I will keep trying.

ShanG
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Atlanta Metro Area
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  10:15:45 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ShanG;

That's a tough one to answer. Emails come at all parts of the month. There is more than one scheduler for my area. One or two are nightowls. It's not uncommon to see the email after 9:00 PM. Last month, I was lucky enough to be first in line and pick up more than one shop because I was awake at 4:00 AM. Some other shopper nearby was right behind me. By 9:00 AM. the pot was pretty empty. One of the schedulers likes to send out her rounds in the mornings. I have seen fresh emails from them in the afternoons too.

Check your SPAM blocker folder. I had to adjust mine for a few shopper companies as recently as last week.

Intellishop has dependable scheduler support, editor feedback and the PayPal email is always on time.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

AnnInChicago
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  9:58:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for! The pay normally fits the job. They have never been late on pay, in the year I have worked with them.
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  07:43:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone get paid from them for April shops. I know they pay like clockwork, except for this month. I emailed my scheduler, and she said that she had heard there was a delay in payroll. She gave me the email of the person to ask, which I did yesterday. No response yet.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

AnnInChicago
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  09:53:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email stating pay will be delayed two weeks. The letter was nicely written. This is the first time they have been late in the years I worked for them. I am thankful for the email. Some companies give the run around, or worse yet the lost in the mail garbage, when they are late. Still in my mind a great company.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums