Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  03:34:15 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
@TinaMarie It was actually a retail shop, on the high end of merchandise.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  4:16:39 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
How is it that you can receive a low rating on a shop for grammar when all of the questions are yes or no and that you only have a receipt to upload? I mean, Intelli-shop really???

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  11:01:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

How is it that you can receive a low rating on a shop for grammar when all of the questions are yes or no and that you only have a receipt to upload? I mean, Intelli-shop really???

Maybe the bad grammar was in THEIR questions! I've seen it more often than I'd expect. I always find it curious that companies who have such a high stake in written communications and hold shoppers up to high standards are so BAD at it themselves!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  11:23:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just lost a point because my receipt was submitted horizontally. oops.

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  2:58:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KellyNY

I just lost a point because my receipt was submitted horizontally. oops.
Kelly, I always look at a "preview" of whatever I've scanned before I rename it for up-loading. When you do this, you can permanently rotate the image. You'll probably get an alert asking you if you're sure "because the picture quality might be affected," but, if it is, you can always manually rotate the receipt on your scanner and re-scan.

Fortunately, I've never had to shop somewhere that required a business card that wasn't totally natural (like at a car dealership). My "acting normally" strategy suggestion would be: when you have to ask for a business card from some general retail clerk, get all the way to the door after you've finished everything you're supposed to do, turn around, and go back and ask for the business card as an after-thought. Tough beans for them if they've treated you badly and realize when you ask for their card that you were a mystery shopper.
Go to Top of Page

Zeke

NC
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  12:11:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with AVERY. I have had similar circumstances in different fields, like financial, where service was horrendous. If I need a business card, I do about the same thing that was mentioned. Some long time employees catch on if it is asked for during the shop and a change of attitude happens almost instantly. To me, that means the jig is up and you have been compromised. Getting the card near the end or at the end is great. The company gets to see, from your report, how a true experience is given to a "real" customer.

Zeke
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED SHOPPER
NARMS Certified Merchandiser
Shopping NC
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  05:46:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't outright ask for a business card I will take the brochure they give me, if applicable, and ask them to write their name on it so I can call. 9 out of 10 times I will be offered a business card at this time. If they don't offer a card you can casually say something about just getting s card.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Baker
Valued Contributor

Evansville, IN
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  9:52:16 PM  Visit Ms.Baker's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eric in Tampa

Obviously, you capitalizes "Yes" when it should have been lower case.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  8:54:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished a auto sales shop whereas I spent an hour at the lot/test drive and two hours entering multitudes of questions and extensive narratives...........all for peanuts. The software was flawed and every other statement was a warning about why shoppers may not be paid and about point deductions. On my last assignment, the editor was late and unreasonable. We'll see. Why did I take one of these again? Stupid, stupid!
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  12:59:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avery

when you have to ask for a business card from some general retail clerk, get all the way to the door after you've finished everything you're supposed to do, turn around, and go back and ask for the business card as an after-thought.

You should always do this anyway to give the employee your complete visit to offer you a business card if that is expected of them as part of their job.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  01:01:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kathy C.

On my last assignment, the editor was late...

When you state that she was late, what do you mean? Editors usually go to the next available report to edit. She likely didn't choose to edit your report when she did.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  3:29:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else fed up with working for Intellishop?

I have done 3 shops for them in the past 9 months. The first was a new automobile shop, which I got a 9 out of 10 rating. Then I did 2 phone senior care shops for them 2 weeks ago, and they just gave me a 8 our of 10 rating on both shops. Though I have never done phone shops for Intellishop before, yet all of the phone shops I have done for other companies never required a report or a report that took longer than 3 minutes to complete, since the recorded phone call is really the report.

I was shocked when I did the 2 phone shops for Intellishop, that each call took almost 30 minutes to do, based on the scenario I had to use, THEN I had to complete a long report entering multitudes of questions and extensive narratives . . . all for peanuts! Yet to add insult to injury, I then get kicked with a lower rating for spending so much time and energy on a shop. What I do not understand is, since they already have the entire phone conversation on tape, why is there a need to fill out a detailed report that takes about 2 hours? As it was, the exact same thing happened when I did a new car shop for them, spending about 45 minutes at the dealership, then going home to fill out a long report with multitudes of questions and extensive narratives . . . again, all for peanuts! Then I did not get my peanuts for that shop until more than 2 months after I did that shop. Though I gave them a very thorough and detailed report, the only thing that they complained about was that I should not have included that the salesperson stepped out of the office and left me alone for 45 seconds, and they told me that I only should have listed if I was left longer than one minute by myself. GRRRRR!!! So they marked me down to a 9 rating, just to make sure I did not get a 10 out of 10 rating it seemed.

Yet I did not see the long report that was required on the phone shops until they were assigned to me. Had I known about the long report before applying for the shop, I most certainly would not have applied for it. Yet I do not ever want to risk getting a black mark, by rejecting an assignment. I look at it as a learning opportunity, yet completing long reports with multitudes of questions and extensive narratives for them, all for peanuts is just ridiculous!

So I am just wondering if it is worth the time and headache to do any further Intellishop shops, since it seems that in the long-run, they require too much time & work for a shop, and the pay is very, very poor.

Your thoughts?

David King
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  4:22:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
David, I had the same experience with Intellishop and About Face regarding low pay, long report and critical comments. I stopped taking their shops. Life's too short - not worth it.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  5:03:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your input TinaMarie, as it really does help. I have not worked for About Face, but I have heard of them. Thanks for the heads-up about them. I wonder if there is a thread here for companies that require long reports, will hit you with critical comments, offer you low pay, that would serve as a warning for shoppers to reconsider working for? ;-)

Yet I think I am done with doing any further work for Intellishop.

David King
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  7:21:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
David,

Intellishop has some great shops and some not-so-great (read really horrible) shops. You just got stuck with some of the not-so-great ones. Once you learn which ones are worth the time and effort, you will only apply for those. I shop for them, but no longer do the automobile shops due to the reports and the follow up from the sales people. I also did one of the assisted living shops that CoRi used to do that Intellishop has now. It took a lot of time and the report was extensive. I won't be doing another one of those, but I wanted to check the place out anyway to gain experience and knowledge for a family member. You will read many comments about their brake inspection shops as well. Read what others say about certain shops and check the ten foot pole thread. Some of the best shops I've ever done have been from Intellishop, so you just have to be careful what you apply for. I'm not a fan of phone shops because most of the time they seem to take way too much time for the pay with extensive reports for a brief conversation.

So, all in all, I like Intellishop and the variety of shops they offer. I'm doing one tomorrow at an upscale jewelry store that pays fairly and the report is not horrible. They usually do require extensive narrative, so just make sure the fee is what you want before you apply.

Good luck and don't give up on them just yet. They have easier shops that you might enjoy. If you lived in my neck of the woods, you'd be going to all those NFL games on them.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  11:54:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Judi. I just looked at the Intellishop job board a few minutes ago, doing a search for shops that are within 50 miles of my zip code. Here are the jobs that came up: new auto shops, flooring shops, brake inspection shops, hospital security officer shops, assisted living phone shops, oil change shops, and vehicle maintenance/repair shops.

Based on your recommendations, what are the easier Intellishop shops would you recommend? I know I don’t want to do another new car shop or another phone shop for them.

Yet in the meantime, I will try to find and read “really horrible shops” and the “ten foot pole” thread.

Thanks so much Judi :-)

David King
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  6:38:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
David,

I'm not familiar with all the shops offered in your area. BTW, to my knowledge there is not a thread for "really horrible shops." I was just paraphrasing "not-so-good" shops.

I can tell you that the "dealer" maintainence/repair shops are a win-win for me, but I haven't seen any here lately. You must have the kind of car that they need for them and mine is a high end foreign make. (I used to have money..long story..don't ask) Those were great. The reports were not bad and I was paid for getting needed car repairs by the dealer I normally use anyway.

The only way you will know which shops you like and are worth it for you is by reading and trying one ONCE to see how it goes. Only take one of a new shop and if it's a bummer, you won't be stuck with a bunch of bummer shops to do.

Good luck.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

KariK
Contributor

Minneapolis, MN
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  11:41:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been lucky, I guess. I've done 12 shops with them since 8/1 and never had any issues.
I really like them.
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  12:39:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Judi. I appreciate your help and feedback.

Oh, that is why I did not find a thread called Really Horrible Shops. LOL!!! One thing I learned about this website, never underestimate what you will find here. LOL!!!

In regards to the dealer maintenance / repair shops, oh for sure, I did see where a certain make of automobile is required. Yet unfortunately I never have the right make in order to do those shops, whenever I have been notified that they are available in my driving radios.

Thank you for all of your help and advice. Some shops I do not mind trying out, just to see if I will like them or not, even though I have been warned by the 10 foot pole thread. Yet some of those shops, upon reading the basics (before requesting it), I can easily see if I just do the shop alone and what is required to do the shop (pre-report), I can then mark it off my list, because the time spent in the store does not justify the pay, then there is no telling how long the report will until after the shop is assigned to you. Yet my reading some of the postings in the 10 foot pole thread, really does help me a lot to try to better pick shops to apply for, that I have never done before. Overall, I do not mind driving to and from a shop, taking time being in the shop and writing a report, as long as the time at least basically can match the pay. I, like most everyone else, I would love to be paid in 7 to 14 days for a shop, but I have gotten use to not being paid for 2 to 3 months upon completion of a shop. Yet if the pay does not justify doing the shop from start to finish, then those are the shops I want to better weed-out and stay away from . . . especially those shops that require a long and narrative report, for very little pay.

David King
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  12:48:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KariK, out of curiosity, can you tell me what where the types of shops you have done for Intellishop? Also, were your 12 reports long and required long narratives?

David King
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums