Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  12:08:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same situation withe me, I have a Toyota. My hubby suggested I call the dealership first before I request the shop. I did and the dealership guy said they don't carry it, but could order and get it in a couple of days. I did not request the shop...save myself the hassle.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  5:02:56 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure that this was mentioned on an early thread with Intelli-shop yet I have to bring this up. With regard to "Hero Citations" being offered to finish difficult/last minute shops, what type of weight do they carry? Is it primarily recognition from the actual scheduler or do other schedulers see 1 or more hero citations and give you first dibs on certain shops when they are in a pinch at the end of a project?

I was offered one today, and I dunno. I could probably go by this store on the weekend, yet do I feel really compelled to do so? My reluctance is really due to shopping this store at least 5-6 times over the year for minimal pay, and I'm just curious if the Hero Citation is actually worth its weight for future assignments.

Thoughts anyone???

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  5:22:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Eric, that is a very good question. I had always wondered the same thing myself, since I only started doing Merchandising and Mystery Shopping in November of last year. Yet since I live in Los Angeles, it seems that most shops get quickly taken. I am signed-up with at least 50 MS companies, yet I doubt if I have seen an offer of a Hero Citation (for doing an urgent or last minute shop), not even 5 times this year. It has almost been the same for my MS companies offering bonuses for doing urgent or last minute shops, where I doubt if I have seen those companies offering bonuses even 30 times this year. Yet again, I think shops get taken quickly in this part of our nation. Yet it would be great to know if a Hero Citation carries any clout.

David King
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  6:38:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IMHO Hero Citations are not very valuable; in seven years of mystery shopping they have not added one dollar to my pocket. One of the problems is that the scheduler who offers it may not be around long enough to return the favor.
Show me the money!!

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  9:43:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have Hero Citations from a couple of companies. One said that the add in a "10" to your shop average, thereby increasing your rating. That's nice, but I already had a "10" rating.
I think the Citation mostly highlights your profile and you might get an extra job or special consideration. No biggie.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  6:24:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John MrBeth

IMHO Hero Citations are not very valuable; in seven years of mystery shopping they have not added one dollar to my pocket. One of the problems is that the scheduler who offers it may not be around long enough to return the favor.
Show me the money!!

Agreed. No one has ever offered to give me the hard-to-get shop in exchange for doing another one for them.

BTW, if you did the NY/CT car wash shop for Intellishop back in August, be sure to check the payment. They did not reimburse the sales tax, even though I was assured that they would when I asked the scheduler (and this month's shop specifically mentioned that they would cover the tax). I complained via email and have not heard back. Given that they're not even paying the $5 that the former company did, this is unacceptable (I already go out of pocket a dollar for a tip).

Bill
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  6:50:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are the slowest msc when it comes to editing. My report sits there for a week to two - that's crazy.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  12:48:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MisterBill, do you have any tips in general “for any msc” when they offer you a bonus? For another msc today, they originally had a $10 shop, but today they claimed that it had to be done today, and that they would pay $35 to do it. Yet by the time I checked my email, the notice had went out 2 hours prior, so needless to say, the shop was taken. Yet when I look at the msc log for the job on the msc website, it still only states the $10 pay rate. What would you recommend when getting assigned a shop like this to ensure that you get the bonus pay, when it is not stated anywhere else but in the special email notice that the scheduler sent out?

TinaMaria, I hate when that happens (with any msc). It makes me mad when I have been assigned a shop, but have not worked it yet, but I get those automated email notices saying that the shop is coming up due + I get a personal email from my scheduler saying not to forget the shop and if it is not turned in by the due date, they will start docking the pay for the shop on a daily basis, until the report is turned in. I wish us shoppers had the luxury of staying on the schedulers cases (via email) in regards to (in my cases) they need to get my report edited and approved by their customer, because I want to get paid in a timely manner. It is bad enough to have to wait 2 to 3 months to get paid for a shop, but it they are not editing those reports quicker than they do, but have time to hound me with “shop coming due” notices, it is just a frustrating process. GRRRRR!!!

David King
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  05:20:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a hoot! I get an offer from this company to do a communication/internet shop for $11.00. Funny thing is I have already scheduled this shop with the originating company for $15.00. Do they think we are so dumb we aren't going to notice that?

I also have a pet peeve with their editing department. I always run my narratives through Microsoft Word so I know the spelling is correct and the grammar is correct. I will invariably get a 9 instead of a 10 because I have misspelled something or the grammar is off. Not so folks. I do believe next time I am going to email them and ask them to explain just what word was misspelled and how was my grammar incorrect.
Thanks for listening, I feel so much better now.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  11:16:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue Br., I had that same "editing" problems with Kinesis, I even asked the scheduler what was wrong with my writing, because they gave me a 9 out of 10 (from an early August shop). Yet since I take pride in my work, I would like to know what did I do wrong and or know what am I doing wrong, so I can do a better job in the future for them. So the scheduler claimed that she was not the one who actually edited my work, but she would have the editor contact me. Thus far, I have been waiting to hear from that editor since this past August, and I have not heard anything. So I am just going to let it go, because I would just get too frustrated with a hope that they would actually take the time to tell me how I can improve on my work and or tell me what was wrong with my writing. I wonder if other shoppers have this problem with other companies (trying to get an answer from a company, when they do not give you a 10, when you feel that you should get a certain score based on your report)?

Yet as far as Intellishop, I think they have vendetta against me, because it seems that they always find something wrong with my report, to ensure I never get a 10. Yet since I am still frustrated on what happened to the two assisted living phone shops that I did for them several weeks ago, I have opted not to do any more of their shops for now.

Good luck to you and I hope that you get some response from them.

David King
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  2:26:20 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can do two reports same type of location on the same day. I check my grammar and spelling each time. One I will get a 10 on and the other one I will get a 9. The 9 always says that I have grammar and spelling errors. I am pretty sure I did not have any. I think they have some editors that no matter what will not give a 10. Also I have noticed the more negative reports I seem to get an 8 on. I always include what was not done yet I get a worse grade. Does that happen to anyone else?

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  3:25:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
EmilyPWa, I am not understanding when you say "I always include what was not done yet I get a worse grade." Can you elaborate a little bit more? Thank you.

Yet if I am reading you correctly, if you are actually adding things to your report that were not done and or maybe should have been done when you did the shop, then I think that falls under providing "your opinion", and Intellshop does not like that . . . they only want the "facts". They told me in my shop log "Please make sure not to include opinion or biased comments." and I got a 8/10 rating. So if that is what you mean, I understand.

David King
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  9:04:36 PM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I mean is I cover all the questions and include comments for all the negative answers. Like the associate did not greet me at all. I was not offered additional services things like that. I have never said that they did something that they did not do. I have also not expressed opinions just stated what was done and not done.

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  08:02:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks EmilyPWa. Wow, it seems that you covered all of your bases and did everything to the letter, yet it does make me wonder why they are not giving you a 10. I still want to try out some of their other “easy” recommended shops, to see how those go. Yet for now, I am keeping comfortably busy with other companies, so I don’t have to apply for any Intellishops shops. Yet when things slow down a bit for me, then I will try some of the “easier” Intellishops shops.

Good luck to you, EmilyPWa.

David King
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  10:30:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Several years ago I did one of their local electronics store shops. It was on time and I was very careful. The week before I did another location and got a "10". I got an "8". I was very concerned about it and wrote the editor to ask why. I never got a response. So I just don't accept those shops anymore. And the shops sit there on their website...and sit...and sit.....

SandiA
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  8:54:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why would getting an "8" instead of a "10" keep you from doing any more shops, unless they are not assigning them to you.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  6:40:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinaMarie

Why would getting an "8" instead of a "10" keep you from doing any more shops, unless they are not assigning them to you.

Because I'm not going to set myself up to make the same mistake over and over, besides the simple courtesy of the whole thing.

SandiA
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  11:42:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never look at their grades anymore, they are random numbers generated. As long as I can still self-assign shops, I do not care what they score me. These editors know that most of the good shoppers are spell-checking and grammar checking. Unless they have PhD's in American English Grammar, they are all lying so as to not give everyone 10's. I could care less, just keep the jobs I like coming.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  07:43:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiA, I agree with you. I just became frustrated yesterday with another MSC that gave me an 8 on a bank shop. All they told me was the following:

All employee titles, such as Teller, must be capitalized. Please be mindful of grammar and punctuation errors. Thanks.

Then I had another bank shop the same day and I wrote almost an identical narrative and I got a 10 on that report. I went back to my files for both bank shops, since I save all of my narratives for any shop. The only time that I did not capitalize the word teller, was when I said: I waited in the teller line (I put this in both reports, and I only used teller line one time in each report). Whereas I capitalized the word teller every time that I used it in my report, since I was actually talking with the teller and did not have their name. I am not an expert of the English language, however when writing reports in that manner, it seems that it would be correct in capitalizing the job title of a person or people your are talking directly with (when you don’t know their name). Whereas a teller line, I don’t see why that should be capitalized. Yet I could be wrong:-(

Bottom line, I want to learn and I am willing to learn from my mistakes, however I find that schedulers seem more content to mark you down instead of trying to help you when asking them for help. Thus far, whenever I have requested a scheduler to tell me what was wrong with my report (based on the negative comments in my Shop Log for a particular shop), I never get an answer from them or they will tell me that they didn’t edit the report and that they will have the editor get back to me. Of course, I never hear from them again. GRRRRR!!!

Since I work with several MSCs on a regular basis, it would be nice if they extended the courtesy of providing me an answer instead of me trying to guess what mistakes I made so that I will not do them again, the next time that I do a report for them. Yet in the case of my bank shop, it would be helpful for me to know what grammar and punctuation errors I made, because as far as I see, I may have only made one error, and that was not capitalizing teller, when I listed teller line in my report.

Rita, I am glad that things are working out for you. I have not been in a position to self-assign a shop. Yet I find that my rating with some companies can affect if I can qualify for a shop. This other MSC that I did the bank shops for, had about 30 shops yesterday that are paying $50 to $125, but the shopper has to have at least a 9 rating. Luckily, I have a 9 rating with them, to apply for about 7 of those shops near me. WHEW!!! Because luckily, I have enough 9 and 10 ratings with them to keep a 9 average, but an 8 does hurt.

David King
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  8:07:37 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know one or two people have said this, but 8's, 9's, 10's, 2's, A's, Q's, whatever the grade is, in my experience, who cares?!

IF there is a problem they are truly concerned about, I've gotten an email. In the 7 or 8 years I have been doing this, I've gotten at least a half dozen emails from schedulers or editors who specifically tell me something I did wrong, and asking me to change. To me that is important, and I follow up with that. OR, some companies actually specifically tell me what question number/line on a form I made a mistake on. Again, I care about that. The generic form responses to 8's, 9's, 10's, well, they all pay the same, and they keep letting me do them, so I guess I'm not doing anything TOO wrong!

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums