Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  06:35:51 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do jobs for them and I find their schedulers to be helpful and friendly. Pay takes a while but is generally on time and I don't have to hunt down the bonuses. I don't wring my hands over the scores as long as I keep getting the jobs.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  07:24:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had no problems or complaints with Intellishop. I tend to look for the easier jobs with them. Some of the questionaires are long but those are usually check off a yes or a no, and haven't received any that required much narrative.

I did notice today that the fee on a shop I'd done before was much lower than when I did it, but I did that shop at the end of the month and had never been interested in it before until then because it was on my way to somewhere. The fee I did it for was much more reasonable than the fee I saw today.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  09:25:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanSG
I did notice today that the fee on a shop I'd done before was much lower than when I did it, but I did that shop at the end of the month and had never been interested in it before until then because it was on my way to somewhere. The fee I did it for was much more reasonable than the fee I saw today.

If it's one of the travel places, yes, I also noticed the fee dropped significantly this month. They say the job and report is also more simplified to go with it. Having not done them before - since the ones convenient for me to visit were always required to be on a different day than EVER fit into my schedule no matter when I went that direction - I have no idea if this is true or not. The current rate is lower than most phone shops and hardly seems worth swinging in. I'm definitely curious to hear if the report is so short and simple as to justify such low pay.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  05:01:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand now the frustration with their ratings. I had a point deducted for not getting paperwork at the shop. I explained that there were no brochures in the lobby, and when I asked they said they had gone throughout 4000 and were out. I asked for a printout of available channels, but was told it wouldn't print. But 1 point was deducted and I was told to consider getting paperwork in the future?
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  9:04:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarleneH

I understand now the frustration with their ratings. I had a point deducted for not getting paperwork at the shop. I explained that there were no brochures in the lobby, and when I asked they said they had gone throughout 4000 and were out. I asked for a printout of available channels, but was told it wouldn't print. But 1 point was deducted and I was told to consider getting paperwork in the future?

So if you had written in the comments "I considered getting a brochure, but they were out" they wouldn't have deducted a point?
I wish we could rate the MSCs on their ratings!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Lilly
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  08:41:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any advice on the pricey electronics buy & return retail shops? The object will be a little heavy, expensive, and needs to be returned the same day, at least 15 mins. later.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for a successful shop since it will be a little tricky since the object is heavy & expensive.

I remember reading about one shopper who had a heavy object to buy & return, and she just kept in the cart until she could go back in, but it's cold and wintery here. So, probably not an option for me.
Go to Top of Page

LisaStevens

Carmichael, CA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  11:36:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for them for years without a problem. I have always been paid for my shops as per their payment guidelines.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

LorettaG
Valued Contributor

MO
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  6:53:25 PM  Send LorettaG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped with them for over four years without any problems.

Loretta
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  7:05:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilly

Does anyone have any advice on the pricey electronics buy & return retail shops? The object will be a little heavy, expensive, and needs to be returned the same day, at least 15 mins. later.

Do they also require you to wear a badge that says "Mystery Shopper" or is that optional?

This company may very well be an honest one, but not a very bright one.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  06:04:32 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lilly, that is definitely the kind of thing to think about before taking the job. Hopefully, you have truck, SUV or something similar to use for the job.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  11:28:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, I've seen a customer purchase something large, struggle to fit it into their vehicle, and then take it back inside to return because they could not get it home. I could see spending 15 minutes trying to load it (especially if you stop to visit the bathroom on your way out or something) and then you have a valid reason for returning it so quickly. Granted, that would probably not work for multiple visits to the same store, but could work once.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  7:03:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

Actually, I've seen a customer purchase something large, struggle to fit it into their vehicle, and then take it back inside to return because they could not get it home. I could see spending 15 minutes trying to load it (especially if you stop to visit the bathroom on your way out or something) and then you have a valid reason for returning it so quickly. Granted, that would probably not work for multiple visits to the same store, but could work once.

I don't know what store y'all are talking about, but when in real life I can't fit something in my car and go back in to return it, a store associate will come and help me. That would ruin the whole return scenario.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  09:59:05 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Although they may have a lot of positive feedback, if something happens that they don't like on the shop, they'll simply not pay you for it and never make any effort to ever tell you.

Such examples would be you do a bank shop, wait for 30 minutes and are ignored by bank employees. You're still suppose to walk up to the guy who ignored you for 30 minutes while he played games on his computer and ask for a business card, but at the same time still play the role of a normal customer and not stand out in any way whatsoever. Right, I do that ALL the time! I go to businesses, get ignored for 30 minutes, but I am still impressed that I want their business card so I can call them later and probably get their voicemail because the sales guy is still playing solitare on the computer instead of helping me. Reality check: Not all banks have business cards sitting right in the lobby or with the tellers.

Giving three names of working employees isn't proof enough that you were there, despite knowing one quick phone call can prove a visit..Nor using footage from the bank cameras. Bank cameras don't prove you were there, only a business card will prove to the client you were there. A receipt from a gas station across the street also isn't proof that you were there. Right.

What a joke. This just says they don't care about their shoppers and carry the belief that shoppers are a dime a dozen and can be treated any way they want to be.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Erik West

MI
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  10:19:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started working for Intellishop last year and it's been great for me. I had two shops that I did not get a score of 10 on and they told me why each time. Schedulers are easy to work with. I wish they paid sooner, but I always find the pay to be fair and overall I would recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

DavidKing
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  1:25:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, BlueAbe! I have never done a bank shop for Intellishop, since I no longer do shops for them, however I must say that I’m shocked to learn about your bank shop experiences.

I have done bank shops for over year now (for other mscs), and never once have I had to wait to be acknowledge per se (depending on where the guidelines wanted me to start in the bank ( i.e. start in the teller line, new accounts area, customer service area). I have easily done over a dozen shops in the last year and the most I ever had to wait for help is about 4 minutes. The real trouble I have in a bank is trying to avoid the bank personal asking me for help as soon as I walk into the bank, as I need to quickly see the layout of the bank, see exactly where I need to go, and then compose myself to do the scenario. On a side note, I HATE those greeters at Bank of America and Wells Fargo! I have been using a bank for 40+ years, I don’t need someone coming up to me to find out why I am there and what I want to do. GRRRRR!!! To me, banks should take those greeters and have them doing teller work, as I know of nobody that likes to go to the bank and wait in line for a teller. I can do without that smiling face saying “Hello, welcome to . . . bla bla bla.” GRRRRR!!!

Yet I can not imagine what goes wrong with your shops where you have to wait 30 minutes and almost fight to get a business card. Thus far, every bank shop I have done (always required the shopper to eventually end up in the non-teller business area of the bank), so thus far, I have always very easily got a business card from the bank personal that helped me in that department, since the only requirement was to to the scenario AND get a business card from someone that worked in that area of the bank. Out of all of the banks I have went to, I have never come across one where a teller had a business card . . . ever. I have only seen the upper level type employees that have business cards (i.e. bank manager, investment manager/broker, new accounts representative etc.). Getting the name and description of 3 employees was always easy (as long as each one wore a name tag and their name tag was not covered up with their hair or a sweater/jacket). GRRRRR!!! Yet all of my shops required at least the names of 2 employees, and the 3rd name was optional if the scenario put the shopper in contact with a 3rd employee. Yet for sure, it seems like you never had an easy go of it when doing your bank shops. WOW!!!

Yet I agree with you in regards to too much emphasis is placed on that business card, especially if you can at least give the detailed description information about at least 2 employees, since the bank can check to see if those employees do work at that branch, see if they were on duty that day and time of the shopper’s visit (as stated in the shopper's report), plus they should have video footage of a shopper's visit (since the date and time of the shopper’s entire visit is in the report).

I feel for you, BlueAbe :-(

In my case, I found working for Intellishop too frustrating overall and did not think they rated me fairly with my shops I had done for them. So that is one msc I HAD TO dump for peace of mind. Yet it is good to know that there are other great mscs that treat you good and fair. Plus it is good to know that Intellishop is not the only game in town . . . at least not here in Los Angeles.

David King
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  02:14:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They had me do two small town banks, emphasis on Small Town. Both times I was supposed to only talk to the loan officer/banker, not a teller, about credit card accounts. Go in and get told the only banker is with someone and you have to make an appointment to come back and of course they tell you all the information about credit cards and you smile and say thank you..1st time they said, No..you have to go back and talk to the banker. Fine. Went back - SAME employees but did speak to the banker. Get a note from them saying, Sorry, you were made, no payment. DUH! A year later went to another small town bank. Same scenario, same end result. Same request. Thanks but no thanks. I told you what happened the last time, not getting burned again. Don't think I'll be doing anymore bank shops for them...

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  07:26:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueAbe

Although they may have a lot of positive feedback, if something happens that they don't like on the shop, they'll simply not pay you for it and never make any effort to ever tell you.

Such examples would be you do a bank shop, wait for 30 minutes and are ignored by bank employees. You're still suppose to walk up to the guy who ignored you for 30 minutes while he played games on his computer and ask for a business card, but at the same time still play the role of a normal customer and not stand out in any way whatsoever. Right, I do that ALL the time! I go to businesses, get ignored for 30 minutes, but I am still impressed that I want their business card so I can call them later and probably get their voicemail because the sales guy is still playing solitare on the computer instead of helping me. Reality check: Not all banks have business cards sitting right in the lobby or with the tellers.

Giving three names of working employees isn't proof enough that you were there, despite knowing one quick phone call can prove a visit..Nor using footage from the bank cameras. Bank cameras don't prove you were there, only a business card will prove to the client you were there. A receipt from a gas station across the street also isn't proof that you were there. Right.

What a joke. This just says they don't care about their shoppers and carry the belief that shoppers are a dime a dozen and can be treated any way they want to be.

I agree with you that sometimes, there is other proof besides a business card. As an exercise for myself should I end up in the same situation, I'm trying to think of any way you could have gotten out of this without sticking out and still obtaining a card. Perhaps you could have pretended you did not realize the guy was ignoring you and acted as if he were really that busy, but so were you, and now you needed to go somewhere else so could he just give you a business card so you could call later when you both had some free time? I'm also thinking my cell phone camera would have been snapping a few photos, both of the lazy rep and the exterior of the bank.

In the same vein of rigid lack of flexibility, I'm still a little annoyed with a different MSC that invalided a recent out of town gas shop. Yes, I lost the pump receipt while on my route and yes, that's my fault. However, I gave them my bank statement with the date and amount and city listed right on it, had the inside purchase receipt, and had all the timestamped photos I was supposed to have. You could even see the receipt hanging out of the pump in one of the photos but not clearly enough to read it. It was not a brand that needs certain numbers off the receipt; it is simply proof of purchase. I don't think the bank would make up a charge to cover me, but it was not acceptable to prove I actually purchased gas at the most expensive station I saw on the entire 250-mile trip. Annoying.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  4:26:57 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The business card was the only thing that Russ Courtney would accept. Then on top of it, rated my shop a "1". I'll bet Russ was too lazy to even make a phone call to confirm those people live there. That's the topper, to rate it a "1" because I wasn't helped and refused all other proof besides a business card?

No Thank you. There are better companies to do banking shops for. Ath Power and Maritz are great and treat their bank shoppers with respect and at least make an effort to be understanding when something like this happens. Obviously Intelli-shop doesn't care since we're so indispensable. They can just get someone else to do it with little effort on their part to confirm something if a shop goes wrong.

I'm sorry, but to be able to offer 3 names of employees that worked there PLUS the name of the guy who was suppose to help me..and to be able to name all the magazines sitting there by the two chairs, you just can't "guess" and be accurate with all that.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

EmilyPWa
Valued Contributor

Willard, UT
USA
168 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  07:28:00 AM  Send EmilyPWa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one once years ago for the small town that I live by. The doors to the bank were locked and there was some kind of beeping alarm going off. No one could get into the bank not only me. It was really weird. I let them know and I was given a 1 along with the you must have visited the wrong place. Nope I was at the right one. The employees did not open the door for anyone and no one appeared to be in the bank at all. I looked through the windows. Middle of the week at noon. I guess they went to lunch and did not want corporate to know. Oh well I had other shops in the area that I was able to visit. I then stopped going to bank shops for that company. I also would never personally bank at that bank. I would image most customers would avoid it as well.

Emily
Now shopping in the Ogden UT area
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

PeninaD
Valued Contributor

Stroudsburg, PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  10:36:11 AM  Send PeninaD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep a stapler in my car and immediately staple receipts to my paperwork (yes, I too had an unfortunate lost receipt incident), but I try to immediately take a photo of receipts with my cell phone. Then I don't even have to scan them, just bluetooth them over to my computer when I get home.

Penina
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums