Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2012 :  09:32:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did one of their shops on Friday and completed the report yesterday (there was some confusion on how to answer some of the questions). I got the grade today, which was a 9. I was marked off for grammatical errors. Umm, there was no narrative and there were no text fields. I don't care because a 9 is not going to affect my ability to shop for them, but really grammatical errors on a report with no text?!?!?

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  10:48:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder who the editor was. I recently had a report graded a "9" for "typos" in the same type of report!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  11:23:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the comic book shops? I wonder how many titles we have to look for and if we are allowed to have the clerk help. Otherwise, this shop can take hours.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  11:31:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Assuming you mean the ones were you go in late in the afternoon the day before they are to be released to see if they are available for sale? It's usually only 2 or 3 titles. They would like you to look around to get the perspective of how easy it is to find things, but yes, the clerks can help. in my experience, they either approach the moment you walk in, or they ignore you completely. Unless they strike up a conversation or you spend time browsing beyond seeking the required titles, it's a 10-15 minute job.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

TraveLiz
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  2:12:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Comic Book shop is very easy as described above. It's really an in and out type shop with just a few observations.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  6:04:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sandi and Liz. With this company, I want to run the other way when the word "fun" is in the description.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

AnnaZ
Valued Contributor

Burlington, MA
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  8:31:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Talking about fun, TinaMarie you rarely have to buy anything, despite the misleading ad for the shop. Until I read the instructions, the first time I was really excited that I can go to a comic store and spend in fun titles. If you search this thread, there was a long discussion about this shop.
Go to Top of Page

CarolD28
Trainee

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  06:18:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to stop receiving emails about certain types of shops from this company? Other companies send out a few emails per day about all the shops they might have available.... but I'm getting 10 - 15 per day from this company. I've started marking these as SPAM instead of just hitting delete.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  07:36:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is no way to selectively opt out of emails from Intellishop. It's an all or nothing thing, but....
You can look into "rules" for your email clent. For instance:
You can create a rule that automaticlly deletes an email if it includes certain words.
I have had success filtering out the auto shop offers by retting a rule that identifies the word "automotive" and "car" and "dealership"

Now, anytime I receive a shop offer that has these words, it goes to my trash file immedietly. Works like a charm.
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  09:12:29 AM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carol - PLEASE do NOT hit the SPAM button. Every time you click SPAM it is reported to your internet provider, and that makes it harder for legit emails to come through. In fact, those ARE legit emails, just more than you would like.

We, as a whole, need to do more marking of emails as "Not SPAM" so we can get shop emails in the correct mail box, and not the SPAM section.

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  5:30:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just looked at the convenience shops. I was taken aback when I was forced to select 1 day for the shop to be completed. There is usually a 3 day window, which allows for these shops to be fillers as other better paying shops come along in the area. This change by Intellishop is going to make it harder to fill. Maybe Intellishop puts more value on these shops than they should. Does anyone else use these as primary instead of secondary shops to build a route?

Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  6:29:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisThomas

Just looked at the convenience shops. I was taken aback when I was forced to select 1 day for the shop to be completed. There is usually a 3 day window, which allows for these shops to be fillers as other better paying shops come along in the area. This change by Intellishop is going to make it harder to fill. Maybe Intellishop puts more value on these shops than they should. Does anyone else use these as primary instead of secondary shops to build a route?

I just did a bunch of shops for them (not the ones you are referring to), and they were pretty easygoing about rescheduling a couple for me. Just an FYI.

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

Richard Jr

CA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  12:45:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
While I have no problems with the shops themselves, my experience with the schedulers has been total frustration. They say they will reimburse expenses for shops even if they go over the maximum. In my area the expenses for the shops always go over by a few dollars. However when I email or call for the adjustment so I will be fully reimbursed, 9 times out of 10 it never happens. They either do not respond at all or they say they will make the adjustment and never do. It would not be an issue if it was just one time but when you've done many shops it DOES add up.

They also have a habit of sending multiple email notices within minutes of each other for the same shop which is annoying and unnecessary. On more than one occasion I have received 3 email notices in a row for the same shop within a few minutes.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  9:41:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Jr

While I have no problems with the shops themselves, my experience with the schedulers has been total frustration. They say they will reimburse expenses for shops even if they go over the maximum. In my area the expenses for the shops always go over by a few dollars. However when I email or call for the adjustment so I will be fully reimbursed, 9 times out of 10 it never happens. They either do not respond at all or they say they will make the adjustment and never do. It would not be an issue if it was just one time but when you've done many shops it DOES add up.

I am having exactly the same problem. I did several fast food shops last month where the reimbursement did not cover the required purchases. I have two separate email responses from schedulers saying that I would be fully reimbursed and the amounts in Sassie would be adjusted prior to payment. I received my payment today which did not cover the full reimbursement amounts. I emailed them today and it will be interesting if they respond. I did some last minute urgent shops so perhaps the schedulers were just telling me what I wanted to hear to keep me happy.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Richard Jr

CA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  5:59:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow that does sound familar. Sorry to say you probably won't see the extra $$.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  08:32:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an apologetic email from their Field Supervisor who said they would issue another payment to cover what I actually spent versus the maximum reimbursement listed for the shops. Hopefully they will actually do that.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  8:34:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In case anyone else out there is fed up with the video that shows up EACH TIME you open their auto shop form, I have a fix. If you are running Windows and are familiar with the hosts file, edit it and add this line:

127.0.0.1 mediasuite.multicastmedia.com

It will stop the video from being able to be played. I'm sure the client thought it was a good idea to show it, and I'd have no problem seeing it once (at my option) when viewing the training info, but starting it EACH TIME I open the page to edit my report before submitting it is just a ridiculous thing to be doing.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Eddie J
Trainee

BC
Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  12:16:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Always a good company. I have done work for them for years. Never ever had an issue. (And yes, that video is annoying!)

Eddie
Go to Top of Page

Richard Jr

CA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  11:55:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're lucky you haven't had any reimbursement problems...can't say the same here at all.....
Go to Top of Page

Karen C
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  3:40:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Haven't worked for Intelli-Shop in a few years but they keep sending me emails about the "Toy Box" easy fast food shops with a dine in and drive thru combo....

Looking for any input on these shops. I only did a couple similar to these in the past for the Golden Arches for another company, I think (it was years ago). I don't really like the double purchase deal.

***Does the reimbursement cover the required purchases?
***Are the timings straight forward (and require a stopwatch)?
***Any oddities you've encountered related to the shop?
***Is the survey tedious or have lots of narrative?

I'm thinking of doing a couple to try them out if your responses are positive. Just trying to decide if the pay is worth it for me.

They do have a new menu item I'd like to try if it's one of the allowed purhases (looks good in the TV ad!).

TIA,

Karen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums