Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  6:21:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done several of these and they are easy. They have changed them several times since I started and now there are no pictures and the ordering requirements have been reduced. The reimbursement will cover the required purchases. There is almost no narrative unless you have problems to report. I wouldn't make a special trip to do these, but they are a good filler shop if you are going to be nearby and/or need a quick meal.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

RichC
Contributor

(Northern), VA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  4:48:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterBill

In case anyone else out there is fed up with the video that shows up EACH TIME you open their auto shop form, I have a fix. If you are running Windows and are familiar with the hosts file, edit it and add this line:

127.0.0.1 mediasuite.multicastmedia.com

It will stop the video from being able to be played. I'm sure the client thought it was a good idea to show it, and I'd have no problem seeing it once (at my option) when viewing the training info, but starting it EACH TIME I open the page to edit my report before submitting it is just a ridiculous thing to be doing.

Thank you! That thing is really annoying. I usually just mute the computer and try to ignore it.

Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2012 :  7:04:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just turn off the computer sound until I am done.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  12:59:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A few previous posters have complained about the uneven scores and editor comments on IntelliShop reports. Here's my story.

I've received mostly 10s on my reports for IntelliShop with a few 9s. Lately it appears that every time one particular proofreader reviews my shops I will receive an 8 for "grammatical errors." I've saved a copy of these shops and had an editor at a book publisher review them. Neither of us could find any grammatical errors. (Full disclosure: In one of the reports one word should have been capitalized.)

So I wrote an email to IntelliShop asking for specific feedback so that I could improve my reporting. Here's the response I received, "Unfortunately, our proofreaders do not keep track of the corrections made, due to the extremely high volume of reports that are edited."

At this point I don't think it's my writing, I think it's variance by the proofreaders. It doesn't seem to affect my ability to get work so I'm not going to spend any more time trying to improve.

Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  1:49:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For four years I have done many shops for Intellishop and get mostly 9's and 10's. The last one I rec'd a "1" and a shop rejection ... so don't get me started on recent scoring.
There seems to be some coorelation between shops (for Intellishop and other MSC's) that get bad reports for employees that provide poor service and a shop getting rejected.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  09:25:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John MrBeth

For four years I have done many shops for Intellishop and get mostly 9's and 10's. The last one I rec'd a "1" and a shop rejection ... so don't get me started on recent scoring.
There seems to be some coorelation between shops (for Intellishop and other MSC's) that get bad reports for employees that provide poor service and a shop getting rejected.

Did you object? Just interested as to what their response was.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2012 :  12:43:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The shop scenario required that I wait five minutes before seeking assistance. The shop was rejected because it took eight minutes for assistance.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2012 :  09:37:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John MrBeth

The shop scenario required that I wait five minutes before seeking assistance. The shop was rejected because it took eight minutes for assistance.

That was the reason? Stupid. I think that a lot of these companies and MSCs only want rainbows and flowers. What's the point?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  10:03:50 AM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed the travel center study shops LATELY??
These are shops requiring you go to travel centers at least 25 mile apart and buy a shower chit.
Wondeing about length of report and difficulty.
Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  10:48:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do them and then my husband does them. There is a rotation. They are very easy and well worth the money. The hardest part is sitting in the shower room for awhile so it looks like you are in there long enough to take a shower. Don't hesitate to take one, they're actually fun.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  6:42:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could someone please tell me how long it takes to get paid by this company? I did a shop for them at the beginning of August and still haven't been paid. It's been many years since I last shopped for Intellishop, and I am not sure what is typical for them, but 2 months seems like enough time. I have emailed the scheduler twice and have not received any response. Who could I email/call there to get a response?

Thanks!

Beth
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  7:50:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethMomOf2

Could someone please tell me how long it takes to get paid by this company? I did a shop for them at the beginning of August and still haven't been paid. It's been many years since I last shopped for Intellishop, and I am not sure what is typical for them, but 2 months seems like enough time. I have emailed the scheduler twice and have not received any response. Who could I email/call there to get a response?

Thanks!

They pay you in the 2nd month unless it is posted otherwise. A few of their shops are paying sooner, but most are the 2nd month (do the job in August, get paid in October). I have noticed that some of the recent postings have specified a 30 day turnaround and that timeframe has been adhered to.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  1:37:12 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For shops completed in August, do they pay beginning, middle, or end of August? I have quite a few August shops, and I'm trying to figure out if they are late yet.

Thanks!

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  5:07:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattMS

For shops completed in August, do they pay beginning, middle, or end of August? I have quite a few August shops, and I'm trying to figure out if they are late yet.

Thanks!

My records show that they pay around the 20th of the month.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  10:23:34 AM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Running into a huge issue. I did a hotel shop last week but ran into an issue of not being able to get a receipt because their computer system is down. I have contacted the scheduler several times and she has not responded to any of my concerns about what to do with the report. What should I do I am to the point that I'm just going to submit the report tonight if I do not hear anything else from the scheduler because I want to be paid for my work. Anyone else has any suggestions?

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

SusanToonces
Valued Contributor

Queens, NY
USA
167 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  10:27:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would definitely call them right now and request a receipt. You need it for business purposes. Something that expensive deserves a receipt. See if they can fax/email it to you.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

EliseSm
Valued Contributor

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  02:14:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Susan. They should have given you a handwritten receipt.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  07:41:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had hotels resend me receipts I've received and have lost before returning to the office to submit them with expense reports, so I am quite sure they can email or fax you a copy of the receipt now that their system is working again.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  1:36:33 PM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was able to get the receipt and the report submitted. Pretty frustrating experience at this location.

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

Cathy Szymanski
Apprentice

Charlotte, NC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2012 :  10:02:34 AM  Visit Cathy Szymanski's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stay AWAY from the not easy phone and confusing shops for the insurance stuff. I did eight and almost all were rejected because I did not ask a right question, with no communication from them that there was an issue. They took about a week to complete because of recording issues, and if they don't answer you have to wait for 24 hours to try it again. Too low of pay for a lot of hassle and no communication if something is wrong. No one contacted me to tell me they weren't being used. I had to go online and see it in the shop log.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums