Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  10:22:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get paid to eat at Costco! I do a demo shop and have my fill of samples!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  3:11:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would consider that, but it would have to be worth the pay. I can spend my own money. As I've done this more and more, I feel I'm starting to be more picky. I've shopped for 10 years now. I was in Vegas for March Madness and doing a ton of shops cuz they pay so much better in Nevada. Then I'm playing $2-5 NL Texas Hold'em at MGM ($1000 buy-in) and I'm thinking, why am I bothering to do shops for $20 pay while I'm there.

I am willing to spend under $5 of my own money instead of making $5 if it will save me 20 minutes of time. My buddy who shops keeps saying we need to make 1.5 (time and a half) since this is truly overtime. Because we both are software engineers, it would be hard to find shops that pay $75 per hour. But I can handle the fast food shops on Intell-shop if they pay a minimum of $15.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  3:19:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It boggles my mind that anyone making $75 an hr. would want to mystery shop. But that's just me.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  3:28:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't make $75 per hour. That would be my overtime rate if i held to the 1.5 formula my buddy suggests.

Why shop? Becuase no matter how much you have (within reason Gates/Buffet and a few others), it is NEVER enough.

Plus why not get paid to do the things you are already doing? I refuse to shop for the sake of the money, but i won't do the work for peanuts either. I like to eat out, that is 75% of my shops. I will do a few other things, but I'm not going to pretend to be interested in high-end jewelry or handbags because the shop pays more. I'm not going to test drive cars unless I was truly interested in buying the car to begin with.

I'm also a type-A personality and am driven to work. I have a hard time being lazy. If there is money to be made and I enjoy doing it, I usually sign up for it.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  3:33:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you enjoy doing it, go for it. I did not mean to offend you.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandy H

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2013 :  11:19:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a phone number to contact them? A shop I did is showing the wrong amount. I have emailed and left messages on the number I have ( 866-234-1423) with no response back. Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  12:12:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think they are there on the weekends. Also, they like to "hide" their editors with an anonymous e-mail address so you cannot reply to them. I suggest calling the toll-free number and hitting extension #344. A scheduler answers that number 8am to 5pm in their time zone (central or eastern?).

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  12:20:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On a different note, what is the point of this?

Please pick a date between 05-24-13 and 05-27-13 (m-d-y) except 05-24-2013, 05-25-2013. I love how they use the sassie calendar like this. So annoying!!!

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Sandy H

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  04:32:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that extension number. I have been calling and emailing now for two weeks. I am hopeful I will be able to resolve if I get a live person!
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2013 :  3:15:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did it work? BTW, I've only used that extension when calling 866-234-1423

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Sandy H

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  5:10:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The extension did work, thanks again! They got ahold of the scheduler who made the adjustments tonight.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  6:41:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why can't Intellishop make an effort and update the profile page to allow shoppers to select the type of vehicle they drive. I waste more time looking at their emails for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Plymouth. Others ask and filter. It just shows no respect and these constant emails that require a certain vehicle are a waste of time for everyone. Save your breath if you think it's "just in case I have a friend of a friends mother that drives a Jeep", that's just dumb. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2013 :  1:06:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know they're capable of paying more than the standard $5 for their fast food shops, because I've done quite a few of them for varying fee amounts.

It's rather comical but also sad when someone messes up their system and assigns a shop for a different fee or a different date (or both), how one particular scheduler will refuse to honor their original agreement with me so they can get the shop done.

Most of their schedulers will work with you, but not this one. They changed the dates and fees on me without telling me (after I confirmed through my acceptance email). I discovered this purely by accident because I went into my shop log to print out another shop, and noticed these 2 had changed.(?!)

When I brought it to their attention, the scheduler insisted that the shops were never offered for the dates and fees that I was scheduled for. It didn't matter that I provided a copy of both acceptance emails (for 2 shops), and a copy of my printed paperwork, proving that I was telling the truth.

Nope - the dates and fees have always been ABC and XYZ, and that's that, according to this scheduler. It's too bad that they treat seasoned, reliable shoppers this way, because it's not helping their business at all.

I'm sure they'll find someone to do the shops for $5, though - someone who's really desperate for $5. Of course the shop quality will likely be comparable, as well.

Short-term vision doesn't work in this industry, as some will soon find out.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2013 :  3:56:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can guess who that scheduler is (narrowed down to 2 people). They have a few clowns (newer schedulers) who think they are doing us a favor. They don't realize that they need the shoppers or they will lose the client as the client will change companies. I won't shop their fast food scenario for less than $15. I laugh at all the people so quickly wanting these for $5. They have to do 30 shops to my 10 per month to make the same amount. I say "knock yourself out", but I have standards and won't take these out of principal alone. If more people stopped jumping for these, they would have to pay more.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  7:16:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done their major league baseball stadium shops? If so, how involved were they? Did you spend most of your time doing the observations, or were you able to get them done quickly enough to enjoy most of the game? I'm not interested in doing it if I'm going to running around the stadium for the whole game.

I've emailed a couple of schedulers who posted the jobs in my area to ask about the guidelines or form (and how complicated it is), but I guess I wasn't supposed to ask, since neither chose to respond.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  7:19:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandiA

I haven't seen the Costco demo shops posted in a while. Did they change companies? Used to be a company starting with "C".

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
917 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  7:26:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterBill

quote:
Originally posted by SandiA

I haven't seen the Costco demo shops posted in a while. Did they change companies? Used to be a company starting with "C".

off-topic for the thread, but yes, they posted this weekend for June. same company, although their name now starts with "I".

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  7:02:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And I got two! Yea!!!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  7:27:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisThomas

Why can't Intellishop make an effort and update the profile page to allow shoppers to select the type of vehicle they drive. I waste more time looking at their emails for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Plymouth. Others ask and filter. It just shows no respect and these constant emails that require a certain vehicle are a waste of time for everyone. Save your breath if you think it's "just in case I have a friend of a friends mother that drives a Jeep", that's just dumb. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I use Mailwasher to pre-process my mail and I put a filter in to mark the Chrysler oil change shops for deletion. Unfortunately the schedulers like to change the title when they're desperate for a shopper and it doesn't get caught. Still, it's better than the company that would refuse (until recently) to put "Airport" in the subject line of their beverage shop. In that case, it appears that there is a new scheduler and they fixed the problem which the earlier scheduler had refused to address (and I complained multiple times they claimed it could not be done, which we all know is BS).

Bill
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  1:30:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email concerning taking a test for a fast food chain. I see how to take the test but where are the guidelines??!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums