Page: of 44

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  7:41:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelaN

FYI - If you don't have a smartphone, but have considered getting one this is one shop where it will be invaluable to you.
Download a "Stopwatch" App for the phone, then under the pretense of "playing" with your phone you tap the screen for the stopwatch to capture the timings. I can't imagine trying to memorize these times in my head using a digital watch or clicking an actual stop watch while standing at the counter. You would totally be outed as a shopper!

Yep. And if your cashier is like most are, when dealing with a customer paying more attention to their phone while at the counter, the cashier will mentally write you off, do a minimal job of waiting on you, and rush to the next waiting customer BEHIND you who is NOT focusing on their phone.
Sign seen too often in my area: "If you must talk or text on your phone, please STEP OUT OF LINE so that we may politely wait on other customers."
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  07:56:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw on the shop board that they have a FF for a chain I loved as a child--we don't have them where I live now. I'm going to be in my hometown next month and thought I might try to score a shop for old times sake.

Except that the job board doesn't tell you the scheduler's email address, if you can do the shop with a guest or must do it alone or anything helpful like that.

Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
284 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  12:24:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If it is the fast food chain that pays $5, it's not worth the hassle. You can spend your own money and order what you want and not have to worry about the nonsense. Enjoy your time there if you want good memories. Don't taint your pleasant childhood memories getting underpaid for these shops.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  8:06:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It isn't the $5 shop. It pays $7 and requires both a drive-thru and dine in. I think I'll skip and I can stop in if the mood strikes me.
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
544 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2013 :  07:09:53 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer, if you are referring to the burger place, then you can NOT take anyone with you. No one can be in the car with you when you go through the D/T, nor can anyone be with you when you do the D/I part. In fact, you cannot even sit with anyone in the D/I area even if they buy their own food.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
284 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  12:27:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a completely retarded and unrealistic scenario. Why anyone does these for the low pay is beyond me. The food is subhuman and the fees won't cover your deductible when you have to see the doctor. When I did them several years ago with another MSC, I got bonuses of $15 or more. They wouldn't let you pay with CC (or debit) which most people use nowadays. They wouldn't let you order a salad either. They have tunnel vision on what they are looking for. I'm glad to not shop these.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  9:50:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Surprised a company as professional as Intellishop is even messing with them. But I guess they have to make a living too.
We should not feel guilty for not "helping" with these ff burger shops.... There are plenty of newbes that will scarf them up. Just hope they don't choke on the food!
Go to Top of Page

SandyKMac
Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  10:52:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One surprise I got, just after these shops went from being done in-house to outside company, I let the scheduler know that my son was working for the company at that time. In fact, he was a team leader then. The scheduler got back to me and told me to just go when my son wasn't working or go to another location. I was flabbergasted as every company I've signed up with tells me that if I or anyone in my family works for or has worked for the company, that I am ineligible. It has now been long enough since my son quit working there and I did one shop that was bonused, but that is the only one I have done. It's a slippery slope when the shopper needs to tell the scheduler that it's not ethical for the shopper to complete the shop and he tells you to skirt the rules. BTW, it has been about 18 months since that happened, I think. I know it's been a long time, but I can't remember when they first started doing the shops.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  1:53:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't got paid yet for 2 jobs done in October. I mostly always get paid on the 20th of the month after the jobs were completed. Just wondering...
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  5:29:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
April - I was paid for September shops on October 22nd. I doubt that you were paid on October 20th since that was a Sunday.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  6:51:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the shops on October 9 I should be paid for them today.
Go to Top of Page

AnneAuditor
Apprentice

Hickory, NC
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  01:17:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am gong thru the same situatoin with them myself. I don't feel the scheduler are bad, really, for the most part, but I've had awful situation and had my time wasted for hours & hours, having to resubmit MORE info, on a shop that cost me $10 in gas, and was only $17 to start with and took me 2 hours roundtrip just to drive there.
Their shops basically take about 4 hours to get done, between driving up to the shops, doing the shops, & then submitting their LENGTHY reports too!
I'm starting to wonder if it's really WORTH doing their shops, because our bank account is almost to zero now, due to all the money we spent on gas to get there, and all the time we wasted doing shops that their editors often tell us we may NOT get paid for AFTER we spent hours & hours & tons of money doing their faraway shops!
We live in a little state but the shops they offer are ALWAYS so far away, often out of state, because they do NOT have any close by shops to do.
They NEVER offer us any bonus for gas, or time to travel to the shop too.
I think they're just taking advantage of many of us Mystery Shoppers myself.
How would you like to go to work for 4 hours and not get paid a cent for it, but PAY to work there?
That's about how the situation is getting to be with their company due to many of their awful editors.
I so agree with you. And I've been waiting a long time too, to get paid!
I'm afraid we're not going to be able to pay for our heating bills soon, we have gotten THAT poor from doing their shops!
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2013 :  5:42:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
April, Anne, and others -

The IRS says that it costs $0.565 to drive each mile. If you are driving an hour each way to do a $17 shop, then I am certain that you are loosing money. I would never have accepted the assignment unless there were a lot of other shops there or along the way. The fee has to cover the mileage charge (not just gas, but the amortized cost of depreciation, oil, tires, tune-ups, brakes, etc. - that is where the IRS comes up with $0.565 per mile and the AAA says it actually costs more). Today I drove 108 miles. The fees totaled $199, but the travel cost me $61.02 at $0.565 per mile (there is some round-off in the way I do the calculations). This was an unusually good day because almost every shop had a bonus attached.I just checked, and more than half of the Intellishop shops I have done this year were phone calls. No mileage expenses at all. They are not a major MSC for me. At least this year, they don't seem to have much in this area, and I agree that they do not pay well. Many of their shops around here pay $10. If I drive more than 9 miles each way, I would loose literally money unless I can make it part of a route. And that doesn't consider the value of my time on-site and at home filling out the report.

BTW, I was paid for my October shops by Intellishop on October 21st.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  07:02:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The best way to do these is to wait until there is a bonus posted (which in my rural area there is a lot of times) or I make sure I have other work close to the area where the shop is. Otherwise, it's not doable.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  10:22:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem with timely pay, but I do have a problem with the time that it takes to fill out the never-ending reports that ask the same questions over and over again for low pay.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2013 :  04:23:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company must have hired some new editors because I have actually received some tens. Used to be I couldn't get a ten to save my life and that was after I ran everything through Word so I knew there were no misspelled words and the grammar was correct.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Mary Louise
Apprentice

Gary, IN
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  07:56:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
By and large they have been a good company to work for! However, recently a scheduler made several assumptions in her analysis of my report, and penalized me for her mistake, and then refused to respond to emails for clarity in spite of feedback confirming my report! This is not a new scheduler, so I was a bit taken back. Although I have written to the company about this matter - they do not seem to be able to respond. My team of folks will not continue to shop for them. If they treat one shopper with so little regard, they will do it to others. Integrity is important to the entire process for schedulers and shoppers.

Mary Louise
Go to Top of Page

CapitalJay
Apprentice

Washington, DC
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2014 :  10:33:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had trouble with credit card charge reversals for an Intellishop hotel shop?

I did a shop in January, the guidelines state "Credit card reversals typically occur 20-30 days after the shop is finalized." I did this same shop for them about 18 months before and the charges were reversed three calendar weeks later.

This time, when I hadn't seen the reversal more than a month after receiving my score (9) from the editor, I emailed the scheduler to ask them to check on it.

Another week passed, and I got no reply to my email. I called Intellishop and asked to speak with the scheduler (my only point of contact for this assignment). The scheduler acknowledged receipt of my email, and said that she was planning to contact the client and would let me know what they say. It's now another 4 days from that phone call (and 7 weeks from my shop submission) and I haven't heard back from her.

Am I being impatient? I've been doing this for several years, and have waited longer for reimbursements before, even for high-value purchases (this one is around $500). Still, my experience with Intellishop has always been that payments and reimbursements arrive on whatever schedule is laid out in the guidelines.

Has anyone else had something like this occur? Any suggestions on resolving it? Is there someone other than the scheduler you can recommend I reach out to?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  06:23:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw on the board a travel center shop for 5.00. I remember well just a few years ago these were paying 10 then slipped down to 7 and now 5. Be serious people, it's not worth it to me to even pull in for that. I am about to just drop this company completely. These low fees are an insult to us shoppers.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

SaraK
Contributor

Northern Virginia
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  3:49:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to reach Natalie or Russ from Intellishop? I have been unsuccessful getting any response by email or telephone. After almost 11 years of regular mystery shopping I have gotten my first "flake" citation and it is definitely unwarranted. I emailed after completing 2 of my shops and explained that the phone calls were not accessible and that I would wait for a response to complete the other ones. Instead of responding I just kept getting emails from them about not completing my shops. I would definitely appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks.

Sara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums