MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  10:01:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigMikeyP

Has anyone done the sports shop this season as of yet (the one where they take a deposit from you and give it back upon the completion of the shop)?

I understand these were lengthy shops when they were done last year...wondering if these have been simplified at all as I am wanting to possibly do one this summer...
Did you ever take a shop? If so, how was the form? I emailed them last year asking for detail on the form before I would take a shop. They never sent it, so I never took a shop.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2014 :  12:09:39 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently did a comic book store shop without timings. The main thing that is easy to overlook IF the comics you are assigned to shop for are not available, you do NOT have to purchase something else. My assigned comics were changed by an easy to miss email the day before the shop. The instructions said that could happen.
Your proof of being there is the exterior photo and GeoVerify.
Do make sure you know some of the other things check-listed to look for. A couple of them are easy to overlook.
You do NOT need to be a collector nor knowledgeable about comics to do the shop. The form is a bit lengthy, but not complicated. The expected comments are reasonable for the shop.
Do watch out for the start time on your shop. There is a time frame limit as well as a day to shop.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2015 :  10:25:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't believe this. I have previously stated this company slashed their pay for a truck stop shop from $10 to $7.50 to $5.00 dollars. Now I see they have offered me a whopping $4.50 to do the shop. How low are these people going to go? Maybe they are working toward the scenario of it being my privilege to do the shop just for the free cup of coffee, not!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  7:01:12 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,

My comments are predicated upon 51+ yrs. of self-employment.

In life, water seeks out and locates its own level; in business, it's the same situation with job cash. That being the case, the fees for the assignment in question will rise and fall according to contractors. Would I have interest at that sum? No, but neither would I at quadruple that amount. Obviously, though, a sufficient number of other folks are of the opinion that said dollars are acceptable, or they are desperate for either any money or activity.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  7:46:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well said Bob.
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Engleman

Sue,

My comments are predicated upon 51+ yrs. of self-employment.

In life, water seeks out and locates its own level; in business, it's the same situation with job cash. That being the case, the fees for the assignment in question will rise and fall according to contractors. Would I have interest at that sum? No, but neither would I at quadruple that amount. Obviously, though, a sufficient number of other folks are of the opinion that said dollars are acceptable, or they are desperate for either any money or activity.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  12:03:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I accept fees that I think are lower than what other mystery shoppers of a similar background to me would accept, but I prefer the short and quick shops to the longer, more detailed, higher paying shops. I also live in an area that doesn't have a lot of work and I need to accept almost whatever I can.

(I'm Silver Certified and I have been shopping for about 10 years.)

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  06:01:51 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am really disappointed in this company. Like every year, I tackled some of the summer gas reward shops. I used to also do these shops for 1/3 of the state with the previous company.
When I received my materials (late June), enclosed was a notice they were delaying payments for these shops an additional month.
I immediately sent an email informing them I was wishing to cancel that I wasn't doing that amount of shops and waiting an additional month for payment (the previous year, they paid the end of the month after).
I got back a less than professional email saying I agreed to it and I need to cancel and send the stuff back ASAP and face possible deactivation. I replied back and attached a copy of the agreement form that was online prior to accepting the work and showed them this notice was not anywhere except with the materials.
A different scheduler responded, said they were sorry and since I was doing the work in the first 10 days of July, no need to worry, I would receive a normal August payment and the first email responder was in error. They finalized my work and I received an email thanking me for the quick work and reminded me I should expect payment in September. It is frustrating when I have the paper trail as well as all email correspondence, and they flat out lied.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2015 :  09:24:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Doesn't surprise me of that from Intellishop, Mark.
Just another example of a MSC thinking they are all-important and doesn't need to be responsible to their field reps.

I'm all for forming a union!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  12:05:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first shop with this company. It was easy. They rated me 9. I hope it doesn't take 2 months to get paid....
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2015 :  05:04:24 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the gas reward program for several years. It has gotten so bad I refused to do it this year. I guess they rate mystery shoppers as trash. If you have to "drive to a store, stay and hour, then enter data after your done, all for $10 a store. I guess I don't need it that bad. When they started the gig it was with Ritter and it paid a lot more. You could actually make money. Now, the only bill you can pay is the gas bill and your lunch while you are at the store. Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  02:39:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shop for this company a lot less now. The scheduler I liked doesn't work there anymore and the schedulers they have couldn't care less about shoppers. The pay has also gotten pathetic.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  06:52:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did an oil change shop with a bonus of $3 so in other words there was no fee just reimbursement.I have no complaints about getting a free oil change but it was work. WillI do another one? Yes.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
362 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  10:01:38 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Over a 10 yrs. period, I've completed 15 oil change shops for this MSC. It would have been a greater number, but there were occasions when another company paid me a higher fee. The last job was this past summer, when the pay was a total reimbursement + $16; for each shop, my money arrived as agreed. In addition, my other work for Intelli-shop this yr. was a $45 motorcycle visit, a $15 phone call and a $22 retail store. My point being to carefully pick and choose and only accept those assignments that will be profitable for you.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  8:03:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This argument will never end. As veteran shoppers we see what happens at the end of each month. The shop pay rises (bonused) when deadlines are approaching and time is running out. If you can take advantage of that, you are much better off.

My problem is my PRIUS requires synthetic oil change and they won't reimburse the full cost, so I would rather pay for a "toyota trained" tech than half-reimbursement at a place the skills are not at the same level.

The point Bob makes is correct. Be selective with your time/shop selection. If you are trying to do this for a living, I guess you have to take everything you can get your hands on, but I can't imagine relying on this as sole income. It is so much nicer doing this as a hobby.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  01:49:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently signed up for two shops with them. One was the standard car dealership (I like these) after it was set at a rate of pay I found acceptable.

The other was an appliance inquiry shop. The application said you could get a business card or other POV, but the instructions stated business card. The location they were sending me to shop does not offer business cards (I've shopped other projects for other companies and confirmed it with a manager.) For other companies I get a receipt after making a small purchase (the shop fee is enough I am comfortable with this) or I take a picture of the front of the store. I emailed Intellishop stating that the location does not offer business cards and stating that if if they wanted to reimburse me $2 I could purchase a soda or snack and have a receipt. The day of the shop has come and gone with no response. For what they are paying, I am in NO way willing to make the purchase on my own. I only added this shop because it was across the street from my other shop. I could fit it in tomorrow since I am shopping the same area, if I hear back from them. I hate their lack of communication.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  3:18:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will do another one of these oil change shops as opposed to another company that offers them. Money isn't everything to me. The other company pays in 2 months. Communication is not as good as with Intellishop. I have a much better rating with Intellishop. My first shop was a 9. I don't mind doing an oil change shop for no fee as the oil changes are very important to the car I drive. It was a much easier report to do than the other company's too.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherP
Star Contributor

AZ
USA
368 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  01:12:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Intellishop removed the shop in question without so much as emailing me.

Heather
Silver Certified Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  5:39:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone even care about the "hero" citations? I am signed up with many Sassie companies. I don't notice "hero" citations being offered by any other company. I got an email from Intellishop the other day that was offering 5 HERO citations instead of raising the shop fee.

I was just curious if anyone got excited about these "hero" citations they offer?

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
362 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  8:46:37 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Micah,

Hero citations have not the slightest value to me. as the only reason I work is for money.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

TimothyCA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2016 :  1:21:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had a scheduler refer to them as "Sucker" citations once. Made sense to me.

Timothy
MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition о Copyright й All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums