Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  08:31:34 AM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a payment last night through Paypal...but it is still short!

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  09:10:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Andrea P, do you think the problem is a NJ thing?
I have no idea, but I'm in NY and still have not received my June payment and still haven't received any response from anyone at the company about the status of my payment. I never bothered checking to see what states others are complaining about, and personally don't think that a shopper's geographic location should have any bearing on anyone being paid on time for the work that they completed.

I read earlier in the thread that Chris was supposedly overwhelmed in processing so many payments, but, seriously wonder if they will perhaps hire her an assistant or something since others have posted that they too have been waiting longer than usual to get paid.

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  06:32:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'm surprised. I have only done about 6 shops for them in 2 years but they have always been one of the fastest companies to pay me and my reimbursement was always included.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

USA
556 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  8:12:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
My comment to boht Jen and more importantly, Chriss, was that they should have informed their shoppers that their payment date of the 10th would be missed this month. If they had done that, most of us wouldn't have thought twice about it.
I have to again second this and chime in again with regard to STILL not being paid for June. After returning from VACATION and finding that my phone messages and e-mails still went unanswered by Intellishop as to why I have not yet been paid for the June shops, I phoned them yet again and this time finally managed to track Chriss down who now claims they never received my faxed invoices.

HUH?

Ok, I did two different shops on two different dates and immediately faxed in the receipts on the two respective assignment dates. I have the confirmations to prove that the transmissions were indeed successful. I have been e-mailing her directly for -next week will make exactly TWO MONTHS and until now, no one at this company could reply and inform me that the faxes weren't received? hmmmmmmm Something doesn't quite seem kosher I guess this also means that whoever else is still awaiting payment, they apparently never got your receipts either.

It baffles me that even after I refaxed both receipts (TWICE) after our telephone conversation, the company still claims they never received them and I also have the confirmations to confirm those transmissions. Funny, how I've never had a problem faxing things before and my receipts were always received by them when they were sent AND people at this company always replied and responded to shopper inquiries in a timely manner.

Again, I don't know what has happened to this company in the past few months, but don't think I want to keep doing assignments where I now have to chase down individuals in order to be paid for the work I completed.

Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  8:24:11 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Andrea,
It seems fishy. I have received two sets of payments. However I am still owed money too. All of my emails recent;y have gone unanswered too.
Not sure what their issues are. They said that they never received my faxes too. I too had confirmations and have never ever had issues with my faxing. Do you think there is a higher up manager or a partner or principle we can speak to?

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

USA
556 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  8:38:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you log on their main page, they are a member of the Better Business Bureau, so I guess it might be helpful for those who are owed money to launch complaints. They've been having problems (that I know of) with regard to paying people on time since May and no one on their end seems to take it seriously that not being paid is a problem.

Go to Top of Page

SharonInCO
Valued Contributor

Conifer, CO
USA
218 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  09:32:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could the problems be related to one particular project/client? I haven't had any problems although a couple of payments were a week or 2 late but I was notified of the delay.

Regarding faxes not being recieved despite a confirmation message. I had an experience recently faxing 2 sets of faxes to someone (not MS) - he emailed me said that he had received all but the last page of the first set ... his fax had run out of ink! I resent that page and asked about the second set of pages and he had not received them nor did he have any indication that he had missed it even though my fax machine showed a successful transmission. I'm not saying that ALL the missing faxes could be explained by this but it IS food for thought. Where possible, I prefer to send as an image attached to an email as it's not depedant on the fax machine having ink/paper etc so I use this whenever it's an option.

Sharon
MSPA GOLD Certified Shopper
Shopping the South and West suburbs of Denver
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  10:19:19 AM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon,
You make some valid points but, mine involved three different clients. Additionally, we are unhappy about the lack of communication we are receiving.

Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  10:37:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon, each of the jobs we haven't been paid for were *2nd page* faxes, so I guess this does sound possible.

Since I know people at Intellishop do read this thread, I'm going to point this out JUST in case it's not as obvious to others as it is to me -

Lots of excuses were given to the shoppers of g3 for a very long time.
Intellishop is just a hop, skip and a jump up the road from g3 so I'm sure they're aware of all the gorey details of the mess g3 left when they closed their doors. (even if they haven't followed the thread here about it)
I would hope that Intellishop doesn't need to be told that excuses are not going to be accepted by the shoppers since the g3 fiasco is still at the front of everyone's minds.

Now there's talk of filing complaints with the BBB.
This is JMO but I would think that if Intellishop wants to remain in good standing they should make getting the shoppers paid on time the utmost importance and when a shopper says they weren't paid, they should get the situation resolved before calling it quits for the day on that very same day! Whether that means refaxing receipts or what have you.

Every time I hear a reason why someone wasn't paid,(not just from Intellishop but any company that isn't getting people paid) all I can think of is the things g3 told the shoppers for months and months and I sit here HOPING that Intellishop isn't like g3 and wouldn't lie to the people like g3 did. But the fact remains that it's hard to know what to believe. It all goes back to the old saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!" So the doubts begin nagging, making a person wonder if they aren't being *fooled twice*.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

USA
556 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  11:35:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Could the problems be related to one particular project/client?
I wondered this as well. I noticed when I did assignment for one paritcular client, I got paid when others complained that they still had not been paid. In this instance with this particular client, this is the second time my money had been delayed with no explanation. I also noticed that the shops that used to immediately disappear from the board, didn't go as fast as they normally do and I too am hoping this isn't another G3 fisasco, but some form of communication and responsibility on the part of Intellishop for its actions would be nice.

Go to Top of Page

DSobotka
Valued Contributor

Cedar Hills, UT
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  12:53:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think that the majority of Intellishop's issues are in FAX receipt and processing. They really need to get their FAX figured out. I've had only one payment issue with them which was a FAX issue. They either receive more FAXes than they can process. . .or something! They've always paid me promptly once they actually receive their FAXes, but it's very often backlogged (too much in memory or too little memory!). I was surprised to hear anyone had payment issues w/Intelli so I'll be watching this thread closely! I believe Zellman Group, another MS Company, is also tied to Intelli.

Debbi
Go to Top of Page

MarNVA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  1:57:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This surprises me because I did many assignments for Intelli-shop from June through December 2004. I was always paid on time and may have run into a fax problem once. I usually scanned the business cards required for the shop and attached them to my report, so I did not normally fax anything to the office.

Intelli-shop no longer has the client that I was shopping, and I have not completed any assignments for them this year. But I must say that I had a very pleasant experience while working for them.

I hope you all get an explanation -- and your money -- soon.

MSPA Silver Certified and shopping the Washington, DC metro area.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  4:05:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Intelli-Shop several times over a year. Their shops are consistently already scheduled by the time I get an e-mail stating they are available for self-assignment. The only time I can get a job is when somebody cancels, and it's usually last-minute.

I did one shop in June, and was paid on time through PayPal.

When the shops posted this month, the fee had been slightly reduced. The shops had all been snapped up already, though. This shop takes me at least an hour and a half to complete, then you have to wait and do a return to finish it. It isn't hard to do, but it requires a lot of information to be reported. I do not like to do the return on the same day if I can avoid it, just for the sake of protecting anonymity. I thought it was fair for the previous fee; it's marginal now, even though the fee has only been reduced a little bit. (Two trips, gas prices continue to climb, you know the rest.)

I will probably pass on these unless gas prices drop. (We can hope.)
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

USA
556 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  07:49:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update:

Well, it wasn't until I actually filed my online BBB complaint against this company for the non payment issue that I now received not one, but TWO phone messages from Chriss last night.

We now went from "We never got the receipts" to "We got them, but couldn't read them." Make up your minds - which one is it?? I scanned them and submitted them yet AGAIN and received a confirmation e-mail from her basically saying that she has now FINALLY received the receipts and are indeed readable. I have to laugh at the phone message though:

"I don't understand why you contacted the BBB!"

Um, because you've ignored the hell outta me for two months about a simple inquiry and your company has been LYING and PLAYING GAMES by claiming "We never got the receipts" to all of a sudden (now that the BBB is involved) to - "Oh, we got them - just couldn't read them."
PLU-EEASE!

I see there is one recent post here which confirms that they've lost a client which substantiates my earlier point that I was initially blasted by Jen for making. I personally feel that a three month history of pattern non-payment issues is a RED FLAG that something isn't quite right here. I even see that Jen deleted her post in which she vehemently denied that this company was having financial woes and in danger of going under.

I never stated that they were, but only pointed out factual information - (i.e., lost client - someone else now has the same shops at a lower fee; the several posts on here detailing payment problems with Intelli-shop and the breakdown in communication and rudeness of some of the staff that was not evident when I and many others entered into agreements with them.) Only time will tell if they are indeed going under, but IMHO, the warning signs are there.

My prayers are with which ever shopper takes the shop with the $243 reimbursment, because if I had to fight like this for $50, you may have to hire attorneys, a collections agency or militia group to go after them for your . I'm done with these sheisty characters. Good riddance!

Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:01:43 AM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Andrea,
I love your little icons they really accentuate the point you make.

I feel torn. I enjoyed the shops I did for Intellishop, but I am too busy and too tired to chase after my hard earned money. And in my case only $65 was for fees. The rest is striclty reimbursement, I laid out nearly triple digits of cash. I got burned for money from G3, that is why I stay on top of these things. The folks at Intellishop may be tired of hearing from us, but all we ask is communication, and the moneys that we laid out and/or fees we agreed to. They have to understand where we are coming from, for some of us we really count on this money.

This seems to becoming an epidemic

Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

USA
556 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:54:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be careful everyone. Those on this thread who have voiced any sort of concern or displeasure at what has been going on with the non-payment situation have been deactivated. I personally couldn't care less since I refuse to shop for companies that don't pay.

Go to Top of Page

EmilyMtr
Valued Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
204 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  10:15:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem with this company. I did a job for them on July 21 and was paid today, Aug. 10.
Go to Top of Page

Merrl
Star Contributor

CA
USA
535 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  11:47:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Faxed receipts can be a problem. If the receipt is not legible, they can't match it up with the job. I have had this happen with other companies. I discovered the problem was occasionally at my end, sometimes at theirs.

I wish all companies would go to the digital upload like Trendsource, or have an email option.
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  08:26:14 AM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still owed some money, with no returns to my emails.

Go to Top of Page

Tamara_IL
Trainee

Chicago, IL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  08:39:31 AM  Send Tamara_IL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never worked for this company, but after looking at the posts, I don't know if I want to .

One thing that I've noticed with them that has kind of turned me off is the CONSTANT e-mailings. They will beg people to do their shops and add bonuses. I'll get around 5 e-mails a day from them when they can't find a shopper.

Thanks for all the input guys!

~*Tamara*~
Shopping the South suburbs of Chicago
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums