Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  1:53:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tamara_IL

I have never worked for this company, but after looking at the posts, I don't know if I want to .

Tamara,
They really are a good company to shop for AS LONG AS you don't end up with any payment issues.

In my own experience and what seems to be the experience of the others here that have had payment issues, it honestly appears (to me) that they don't have anyone reading their shopper support emails.

And if you dare to complain, they disable your account with no explanation nor any replies when you try to find out what the problem is. It's JMO but I find that very unprofessional. It seems like a child throwing a temper tantrum after being told something they didn't like to hear.

If they have fax issues, they should let shoppers know that certain receipts weren't received. There are some companies I shop for that insist on receipts being received by certain dates each month and if they're not received, I get an email letting me know they weren't received and then I have a chance to get them resubmitted in time to get paid.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2005 :  2:41:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an e-mail from a scheduler with this company continuing to complain about my previous posts and I'm not sure why it is even relevant at this point since I voluntarily terminated my ICA with them A WEEK AGO after I finally received my overdue payment. I considered it a dead issue once I was paid, but apparently someone likes to keep the drama going and felt it necessary to send me an inappropriate e-mail that I deem as harassment and would appreciate it if they would refrain from sending me any further communications.

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

.Kenthe Sub
Inactive

WI
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  07:32:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andrea P

I received an e-mail from a scheduler with this company continuing to complain about my previous posts and I'm not sure why it is even relevant at this point since I voluntarily terminated my ICA with them A WEEK AGO after I finally received my overdue payment.
Andrea P,

This is another co. I'll avoid like the plague; this is OUR forum and a co. like this that allows it's staff to go after shoppers/former shoppers who post negative comments is not worth it. It is harrassment as it takes place on a public forum. Unlike the schedulers we do not have a private forum but schedulers and other staff for the co.'s need to respect our need to be able to post freely, within the posting rules, without any e-mails or other negative stuff coming back. This co., along with the Palm Scheduling co. seem to be good at this type of response; just pay the shoppers and honor your end of the (company) ICA, we'll do the same. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  10:08:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was paid on August 9th through PP for my July shops. I did have some sort of problem with being deactivated after every time I was paid, and it would take another month to get it straightened out. Emails to shopper support went completely unanswered, but I finally got a hold of Jennifer there (a sweetheart!) and she fixed the problem while I was on the phone with her. I think that Intellishop is one of the higher paying companies out there, and so far, I had payment issues a couple of times, but nothing that would cause me to stop shopping for them at this point. I did receive emails the two times that payment was going to be late also. I've noticed that there is a 180 day shop rotation on some bank shops they have, and they have also instigated a 2 shop limit. That put a big cramp in the amount of money I could make in a month for them. I think 180 days is a tad to long for rotation, and for shoppers that have proven themselves, the 2 shop limit should be lifted. My old scheduler, Lorri, would always lift the limit, but she no longer does the scheduling in my neck of the woods for these shops.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  9:46:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LyndaK

I had payment issues a couple of times, but nothing that would cause me to stop shopping for them at this point.

I feel the same way but it seems that it's out of my hands at this point b/c for some unknown reason, my account has been disabled by IntelliShop administration and I've gotten no replies to any of the 30+ emails I've sent to shopper support over the past week or so.
When I have a genuine question it annoys me no end to be ignored.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

KathleenV

CO
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  10:08:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thankfully I haven't had any problems with them. Payment was late for one shop but I promptly received an email apologizing and giving me a date when I would be paid. Otherwise I've been paid on time and get good "grades" on my reports. I also get a lot of emails for certain shops, but I guess if I were a scheduler I'd try to send as many emails as I could to get the shop filled. My only problem is that there aren't enough shops in my area
Go to Top of Page

LyndaK
Star Contributor

Toledo, Ohio
USA
273 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  07:49:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Toni,

My account was also being disabled for no reason. Jen said it was some kind of software problem maybe, and she was going to let tech support know. CALL them, and then talk to Jen Kinney if your disabled for no reason. Maybe it's just a problem in Ohio, but you have to call. I have never had a response from shopper support, or emails.

Lynda
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  10:45:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for Intellishop and have never had a problem with payments. After reading this thread I went to my shop details just to make sure my payments were up to date with this company. I don't know how I missed it, but I am still awaiting payment for 2 shops from March '05. I did a shop for them in May '05 was promptly paid in June but somehow never noticed that those March shops had gone unpaid.

I just sent a message using the link in the shop log and received an almost immediate reply from Jen Kinney with the correct email address re. shopper payments. I am awaiting a reply from them now. I'm sure its a case of them not receiving my faxes and I'm hoping they will allow me to refax them at this point even though it is now 5 months since I completed those shops. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this all works out smoothly because I really enjoy working for this company.

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2005 :  11:18:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lynda,
I would LOVE to call them but I avoid phone calls whenever possible. I have a slight hearing problem and when I talk to a person on the phone, there are certain *tones* that I simply cannot hear at all.

I don't have the problem much at all when I talk to someone face to face but there's something in the transmission of phone calls that prevents me from being able to hear everything that's being said to me.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

SarahDurn
Contributor

Chardon, OH
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  4:31:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had trouble getting reimbursed for parking shops? I just got my payment for one in August but just got the shop fee, not the reimbursement for parking & tip that was supposed to be included...I did mail in all my paperwork.

Sarah
MSPA Gold Certified, May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in Indiana
Star Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  7:02:14 PM  Send Cindy in Indiana an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for this company many times without a problem. I will not hesitate to work for them in the future. I met the owner of Intellishop at the MSPA Gold Certification Workshop in Toledo last year. He seemed like a nice guy to me. I'm sorry to hear that others are having troubles.

Cindy
MSPA Gold Certified #hp4ksf

Happily shopping Northern Indiana and Southwestern Michigan since 2000.
Go to Top of Page

Silva

IL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  8:22:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two shops for them in August and have already received payment for these shops, so my experience has been very good.
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  06:42:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yay! I finally received payment today for my 2 March shops mentioned above. I had emailed the shopper payment dept asking if they ever received my invoices but I never heard back. About a week ago, I decided to re-fax my invoices, which is what I should have done from the beginning. A few days after I sent the invoices I received an email letting me know that the payment was being processed in the August batch and that I should receive it on 9/12. I checked today and the $$ is there. I'm glad it all worked out because I really do enjoy working for this company.

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  06:47:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop on August 12, 2005 and got paid yesterday, September 12, 2005. Works for me.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

JenniferL

Midland, TX
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  07:54:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received payment yesterday for my two August shops. No problems here!

Jennifer
Silver Certified: 5dhvx5
Happily shopping Midland and Odessa, TX for over 3 years!
Go to Top of Page

Kathy.S

ON
Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  8:41:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only done one shop for them so far (on August 22nd), and I got paid for it today (Sept 13th). So far, so good...

MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KathyArmstrong

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  10:27:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done 3 shops for them since August and received payment for all. I will do work for them anytime!

Kathy
MSPA - Silver 5r1iob
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  11:28:24 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Prior to you reading this I would like to state that I never feel it is appropriate to voice a complaint prior to speaking to the company in question and trying your best to work it out. This situation happened early in October , the 11th in fact and I just found out they showed I submitted on the 13th, I have given my best to work it out with the company.

I want to offer an update and warn others about the issue I am having with this company. I have completed (Number of Shops: 19 with the average Shop Grade: 8.) I recently accepted the (toilet shops) and I daringly took 4 of them. The pay for these shops was low for what was needed, however, I thought it would give me a good opportunity to work more with my digital camera. I took over 50 photos for the 4 locations. I realized as I was uploading the photos that I should have taken pictures of the outside of each location so I could tell the toilets apart. Anyway, I uploaded them the best I could and thought for sure if there was a problem, they would ask me to reupload. NOT! This was one of the emails they sent me.

[1/10] We are unable to use this shop and you will not be paid. Pictures in this report are found in other evaluations you submitted.

I immediately emailed and stated how many pictures I had taken and stated that I would gladly send all of the pictures. I was then told they had been contacted by the client stating I had made a comment regarding a uniform. (Huh?) My response to them was "Why would I do that?, I could not even remember what they were wearing and this was not something I was supposed to check." I later realized that at the first location, there was no one at the hostess stand and no employees visible. To the right of the hostess stand was a large table where a male, neatly dressed was eating. I thought he might be the manager and asked if he was as I was supposed to contact the manager to let them know I was there. He said no, but that he did work there. I stated "I thought so because of how you are dressed." I apologized and he said no problem and asked another employee to get the manager. The manager came out, I explained what I was doing there and he looked at me very strange as he was reading my letter of intent. He asked to make a copy, which of course, I agreed to. During my photo taking, one of the toilets was full of, well you know and per the instructions I was to take a picture of it if that was found. I finished my photos, returned to the manager, got my letter back and quietly let him know he might want to send someone into the restroom to check it. I did not state what was there and no one else was around. I left the location and went on to the others.

Now, here is my issue and my warning:
I was not offered a chance to send the photos, I was deactivated, I called and was told that Michelle was not available to take my call, even though she had emailed me letting me know she was the "manager" and I could call her to discuss this. I emailed several times, no response. Finally today, I called and spoke to April. I explained what had happened and she stated Michelle would be the one I would have to speak with and she was out to lunch. April sent me to her voice mail.
I just hung up the phone with Michelle as she did return my call today. I explained to her I did not have an issue with not getting paid, but thought it would have been nice to have been offered an opportunity to upload the correct pictures prior to assuming I had intentionally did this as I found it an insult to my integrity. She stated she was unable to use the pictures due to not wanting any discrepancy in the reports. I told her I perfectly understood this, however, I did not feel being deactivated was warranted. She then went on to state I had made an inappropriate comment regarding a uniform. I have stated the only comment made on uniforms at any of the shops. She then stated she would not reactivate my account. I asked to speak with her boss and she said she was the boss. I stated she did not own the company and I knew she had a boss. She refused to give me this information and I explained that I would not only be coming here to warn everyone, but would also find out who was in charge and speak to them personally. She said "You complain to whomever you want, I am not reactivating you." At this point I said goodbye. So, that is what I am doing. I would love feedback on your perception of this as I feel her doing this, assuming I lied, intentionally uploading the pictures tells me she is not very customer oriented and not very professional. We all know what happens when you assume. I am warning shoppers and companies alike to beware of this person. She has no regard for anyone other than herself and it will not be long before this attitude is passed off onto the clients.

Update: I have called the real "boss" and left a message for him. I will let you know if there are any changes.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  4:27:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here was part of my TEN FOOT POLE comment...
And my feelings about this company!

(apparently I only read the first few pages of the feedback where I thought that everyone Intellishop, but I'm glad I didn't continue taking jobs! It would be really frustrating with all of the criticism and NO )

Posted - 10/28/2005 : 4:18:52 PM

Everyone on the -feedback for this particular company- thread seems to love this company. Me, personally...I do not enjoy having my work critiqued as if I were still in high school...all for about 9 bucks. Oh, and I did a card shop for them for a total of $10 including reimbursement. They lowered my score because I had the wrong next door location. I rechecked it and let them know that I did have the right one. Response..."thanks for the info." Do you think they changed my score of 8? NO! Yes they paid quickly, however I did not enjoy the work for the pay. Too much work, too little pay, too much criticism!

I am sorry but a company that advertises "convenience store needs shopped" has no place giving me an 8 out of 10 for slight grammar and punctuation errors. (Does "convenience store needs shopped" make any sense?)

I quickly removed myself from their database!

That's my

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for those shoppers who were deactivated! There are so many good companies out there that treat their shoppers right!

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

Deb_P_Davis
Apprentice

San Jose, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  4:28:31 PM  Visit Deb_P_Davis's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not accepted any of those CLIENT_NAME digital photo shop. The comlex instructions were a factor for me. Intelli-Shop can be difficult to work for...they want all information exact and precise. They want to know what happened, when it happened, how it happened, etc. They will not pay you if you don't follow directions.

I have worked for them for a few years now. I did score low the first shop I did for them. After that happened, I was a little pist off...so I called and asked them about their expectations. I realized that I needed to find out HOW they work, and what makes them tick. I guess, I've been very lucky with them so far. Now that I've figured them out, I enjoy working for them. I have not experienced any problems with payments.

I have found that when I call them in the morning PST, they are very receptive to my phone calls and take the time to discuss all my questions. And, if they don't have an answer for me; they take my # and call me back. Yes, they have returned all my calls.

Debbie Davis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums