Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 What Companies do Movie Theater Evaluations, Trailer Checks & Mystery Shops?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tawnyia Shops in AL

Huntsville, AL
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  5:17:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have did several with certified field associates..

Tawnyia
Apprentice Shopper
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  6:55:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TawnyiaShopsinAL

I have did several with certified field associates..

I would phrase my experience with trailer checks and CFA a little different... I TRY to do several, self-assign them regularly, only to find them deleted on Thursday nights after I worked them into a perfect route.

It's getting to where I'm not even checking their site as regularly, a bunch of low-paying balloon or bra re-stocks and a bunch of trailer checks that end up getting canceled last minute anyway. What's the point? Shame too as I did multiple weekend open checks for them last year and really enjoyed those. Have not seen any available since November.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  10:15:54 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, there are still plenty of open and blind checks nationwide. The volume depends upon the release schedule, and the theatre assignments pick up dramatically beginning in May. In the meantime, there are plenty of open check assignments this weekend and next.

Regarding trailer checks, the problem is that the clients are adding and deleting locations right up to Friday, and sometimes into the weekend. We have no control over that, and the assignment details explains that cancellations are possible. We can't wait until final theatre lists are confirmed to release the assignments, because that would be Thursday night/Friday morning, and the assignments are usually for Friday! We're certainly open to suggestions on improving our systems, so let me know if you have any ideas!

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  11:26:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CHOwen

Jeff, there are still plenty of open and blind checks nationwide. The volume depends upon the release schedule, and the theatre assignments pick up dramatically beginning in May. In the meantime, there are plenty of open check assignments this weekend and next.

Regarding trailer checks, the problem is that the clients are adding and deleting locations right up to Friday, and sometimes into the weekend. We have no control over that, and the assignment details explains that cancellations are possible. We can't wait until final theatre lists are confirmed to release the assignments, because that would be Thursday night/Friday morning, and the assignments are usually for Friday! We're certainly open to suggestions on improving our systems, so let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks for the response, Chris. I know by experience (and by reading the guidelines) that trailer checks are subject to last minute cancellation. My dismay, however, was how high a percentage of them actually do get canceled. For every ten I self-assign, I end up doing maybe one of those. I haven't put thought into a possible way of handling such assignments, and am not arrogant enough to purport to know your business better than you do. However, as a shopper who is interested in checking assignments, I'm merely relaying my disappointment over the past few months.

I will though put this thought out for consideration... As the movie companies are the ones throwing a spanner in the works each time they want trailers checked, the shopper who has their location(s) canceled should be paid a few bucks anyway. The movie companies should realize that last minute cancellations do cost us money - either realized or an opportunity cost. And perhaps if they were subjected to a fee, albeit small, they may become more discerning in the locations being considered instead of just a free-for-all listing of all theaters that we shoppers self-assign and work into our schedule. FWIW.

As for open checks, perhaps it's just my area, but I check daily (even multiple times per day) and have not seen any within 49 miles of my somewhat heavily populated region (Western Chicagoland) for months. Whether it's a slow time of year for open checks, or I'm under-estimating the competition among shoppers here (less likely), slim pickins nonetheless. Not that it's your fault or CFA, again just expressing my disappointment, especially as I'm within reach of at least 30 major chain theater locations.

In the meantime, I'll continue to hit reload on the search page.

Thanks again for your response, Chris!

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

MSJamey
Valued Contributor

McKinney, TX
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  10:31:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

I would just like to be able to get onto the website to check for jobs. While I love chatting with the schedulers, I know they have lots better things to do than to talk with me about something I should be able to do myself.

However, I am not able to get into the "purple portal" website. I have tried many different ways, but usually get an error 500 about 80% of the time.

In the meantime, I am in a new area, hungry for jobs, and I can't get any.

Thanks!

Jamey
I can see you.
MSPA Silver Certified
Queen of theater Standees!
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  06:49:13 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSJamey

Hi Chris,

I would just like to be able to get onto the website to check for jobs. While I love chatting with the schedulers, I know they have lots better things to do than to talk with me about something I should be able to do myself.

However, I am not able to get into the "purple portal" website. I have tried many different ways, but usually get an error 500 about 80% of the time.

In the meantime, I am in a new area, hungry for jobs, and I can't get any.
Jamey, we have not heard from others with this issue. Are you clicking on the purple portal through the MFI site, or going directly to www.certifiedfieldassociate.com ? At what point do you get the error? I see that you registered with us in 2006, and have an extensive list of completed assignments, so I assume this issue is recent.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

MSJamey
Valued Contributor

McKinney, TX
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2009 :  10:05:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, this is a recent issue for me. I get it on both the MFI portal and the www.certifiedfieldassociate.com website. It worked once last week.

HTTP ERROR: $CODE$

$MESSAGE$

RequestURI=/

I have even tried it with firefox and IE7 and get the same error 500.
The more I think on it though, the more I think something may be wrong with this computer. It is a resurrected PC that was way out of date and is still being babied out of it's cobwebs.

Jamey
I can see you.
MSPA Silver Certified
Queen of theater Standees!
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  10:34:22 AM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSJamey

Yes, this is a recent issue for me. I get it on both the MFI portal and the www.certifiedfieldassociate.com website. It worked once last week.

HTTP ERROR: $CODE$

$MESSAGE$

RequestURI=/

I have even tried it with firefox and IE7 and get the same error 500.
The more I think on it though, the more I think something may be wrong with this computer. It is a resurrected PC that was way out of date and is still being babied out of it's cobwebs.

I hate to say this, but I think it's your computer. Sorry!

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Paula Rodrigues
Valued Contributor

Stamford, CT
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  11:39:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris,

Why are trailer checkers being asked for their age when calling in trailer results??? No big deal, just am curious about this...also, one of your reps asked if I had my newly assigned identication number which I did not. Person said they were emailing a message about this for use in place of social security numbers when calling in from public phones. That is a good alternative to social security numbers.

Thank You
Go to Top of Page

CHOwen
Valued Contributor

North Greenbush, NY
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  1:33:11 PM  Visit CHOwen's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paula Rodrigues

Chris,

Why are trailer checkers being asked for their age when calling in trailer results??? No big deal, just am curious about this...also, one of your reps asked if I had my newly assigned identication number which I did not. Person said they were emailing a message about this for use in place of social security numbers when calling in from public phones. That is a good alternative to social security numbers.

Thank You

Paula, there are certain trailer reports where the checker age is part of the statistic in the client report. I know it might not seem that it's a useful number, but regardless, the information is only used for that purpose.

Regarding the new number, you can find it on the "My Information" page after logging in. We'll be using this number exclusively at some point in the future.

Chris Owen
Market Force Information
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  8:11:23 PM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any updated feedback on this thread.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Paula Rodrigues
Valued Contributor

Stamford, CT
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2011 :  8:44:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nothing new to report, except that Conferoinc.com was doing a small theater chain evaluations in GA and a few neighboring states. Goodwin had a very, very large theater chain, but have not seen them posted lately or either they lost the contract, or the theater chain is no longer shopped at all..
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
323 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  5:50:43 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to see if anyone knows of Theater Checks in the Chicago area besides the purple portal on MarketForce and ServiceCheck.com .

I've done a few for ServiceCheck and like them but they only seem to come out once every three months. I don't want to do any on MarketForce since most of those you have to stay at the theater all day doing counts and trailer checks.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums