Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Does the volume of Mystery Shopping change during the Holiday Season?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  9:37:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am absolutely swamped for the end of November this year. December, is looking really sad. I hope some companies release something soon, or I might go insane having nothing to do in December!

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  11:00:14 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle1975

That's it! I'm moving to Colorado. What's the cost of living over there?
Not too bad. You have to consider there have been two Gold Certificate workshops in Denver. There is a definate concentration of Gold certificates in Colorado. Even considering that, some schedulers were frequently asking if certain sking towns were shopped by those present. ( hint hint )
FYI, I could have picked up some shops while there. If my laptop didn't go on the fritz before I left, I would have been busy Friday. It's not enough business to make me hop the train for a week, but I could have made some .

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2004 :  6:04:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My November has been horrible.

I guess Thanksgiving has something to do with that - and because I had to take half a week off earlier in the month for an out of town trip.

Right now my number is at $666. Yikes! I HAVE to get another shop to change that number...

I've been bored this month because I've done half as many shops as last month...
Go to Top of Page

CMilton
Star Contributor

North Haledon, NJ
USA
379 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  06:33:16 AM  Visit CMilton's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done 30 in November, so far, with another 10 or so scehduled, which is not much for me, but I find that the rotation of banks, etc, has taken me out of the loop for jobs I usually get 5-10 at a time. It is also the time of year that I get personally insane with the end of the semester, christmas, etc, and I don't want to feel overtapped from now until January.

But I too, am envious of those who have January shops scheduled; I haven't even SEEN a listing for January...

Celia

celia milton
Gold Certified 2004, nzcy0k
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2004 :  07:16:07 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The bulk of my Nov is done, and I have only a little on the plate for Dec. I'm hoping the November shop pay comes in quickly!!

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

.TammyLC
Inactive

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  10:24:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MelanieNJ

I have 2 great shops lined up for December ... but that's all! I am being cautious on the shops that require one specific date only because I worry about bad weather and fun things that could come up that I'd rather do instead. But I do feel like I don't have nearly as many lined up for December at this point compared to other months.
You know I've noticed more shops only giving (1) specific day to shop your lucky if you get (2) days or more and then you are only given a day or two notice in advance! How do these companies expected MS'ers to schedule shops like this?

Tammy
Partner
All State Research
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  7:19:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shouldn't the stores be interested in making sure that their stores and employees are performing perfectly for the holiday shopping season, and would want to check on that by getting mystery shopping services?
Or am I thinking about it the wrong way...?

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  07:20:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, you would think so!

I have 8 shops (so far)for December...compared to my usual...Slow month for me coming up!

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaInDenver
Valued Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  07:48:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it could have to do with them wanting their regular employees evaluated, and not the temporary help. In the last couple of weeks I've had a lot of employees who have had to go ask another employee for help because they have only been working there a day or a week. Naturally, I put that info in the report, because you can't really expect a newbie to know how to do everything right. Perhaps shopping at a time when there is an abundance of newbies skews the results and so fewer companies have mystery shops done during this time.

MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping Denver, Colorado!
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  08:51:52 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've wondered how many shops there were in December as well. I ended up with a pretty good November, and that was with missing 9 days due to power outage and vacation. But for next month, I think I only have 3 or 4 lined up. I have seen some shops listed for the day after Thanksgiving only, but the price you'd have to pay me to shop on that day would be higher than any ms company would be willing to give. I'm hoping to pick up some merchandising jobs in Dec. I absolutely hate shopping at this time of year. I have a real problem with crowds. Maybe if I thought I was getting paid, I wouldn't mind it so much.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Maureen5360
Star Contributor

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  10:06:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I envy those who have busy areas. This area doesn't seem to be shopped as heavily and it's entirely possible to go a month without any shops or maybe have just one or two lined up. I've check availability and at times there's maybe 4 maximum within the 200 mile radius---and those are over in Canada.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  5:52:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear from some shoppers who have been doing this for awhile!!!

I am not seeing as many shops available for December (or so it seems) and it seems like alot of companies haven't posted anything for December yet!!!

Is this normal?
Do you guys find it is busier, slower or about the same as other months??

I have only been shopping for a few months and do use this as needed income (not extra money) and am getting a wee bit nervous. It jsut seems like for November I was already booked for the first week or so by this time in October and so far it just seems like there is nothing out there.

Thanks in advance!

*Sidenote: I think Shop N'Chek has taken me out of rotation for alot of things, all of a sudden there is nothing available in my area...
:(

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

NanciFC

Fort Collins, CO
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  6:38:32 PM  Visit NanciFC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been checking all the places I normally can expect to see some work coming through.
Pretty slow so far, especially in contrast to Sept/Oct. I'm almost wondering if the early part of December will be busier with good offers, since there is so much customer service to evaluate during that month. javascript:insertsmilie('')
I think my preference for not wanting to drive over 15-20 miles round trip is somewhat limiting as is the area where I live. Hope springs eternal however!

Art is Not for Sissies
Go to Top of Page

Salena
Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  10:44:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I talked to some of my schedulers prior to Thanksgiving and they told me they are slower than they have normally been this past month. October I was rockin and rollin, to much work and November was noteably slower for me. Now I also noticed that my shoper grades have gone way up and though I have been offered LESS shops, they are much higher paying shops. Are the gold and Silver certified taking less shops? Or has my increase in rating and objectiveness given me better opportunities for Nov. and Dec. I have a lot scheduled for Dec, but only because I have gone through many self assign sites. I hope my old faves will heat up again soon. I think that all of them were closed day after Thanksgiving and this Monday will bring an onslaught of shops for end of month deadline/beginning of month crush.

Have a GREAT holiday!!! Whether your shopping for money or Pleasure
Go to Top of Page

NutmegKathy

Santa Maria, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:22:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found in past years that November is a little slower. December is slower yet. My problem the last two years has been that January was very slow. I am expecting that this time and accepting all I can get.

Kathy
Long time shopper
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  4:52:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only 4 shops scheduled for December so far...and hope to keep it that way. I feel so after October and November. Enough! I need a break...or ...

I usually avoid going anywhere I don't have to during the month of December. Especially the malls and shopping centers.

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

.Xavier
inactive

Stamford, CT
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  5:52:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did over 40 shops in Nov and was kept very busy. I had to pass up alot of shops due to scheduling and a few shops were given to other shoppers. However, for Dec I only have 5 shops scheduled. Just 5. Its kindof depressing. I have only been shopping since Nov 1 2005. But it really feels like December is going to crawl by at best. I hope things pick back up soon. It was really getting exciting watching my savings account grow.

Gold certified. Willing to travel up to 60 miles for the right shop.
Go to Top of Page

KathyRoz

St. Louis, MO
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  7:00:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Add me to the list of those who have cut back. I am in the process of training for a 1/2 marathon which will take place in January. Consequently, I only accept shops in my home town for now, and I've stopped doing road trips around Central Illinois. Even so, I've been pretty busy...I completed about 40 jobs this month, although my total for the month is slightly less than what it was last month. I'm only a part-timer though...I usually shoot for about $400 per month...if I make more than that I'm happy, though once I hit $400 I'm usually much less proactive.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  11:21:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've cut back a lot since the gas price problem. But I still did 78 in November and I have 9 more to finish out the month. I have 20 scheduled so far for December, but I doubt I'll take many more due to the holidays and the weather, I do not like to drive in the snow and today they already had snow in the lower areas.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  07:24:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
November was good. I even picked up a series of shops for Black Friday. My first time to shop the day after Thanksgiving ever. I actually had fun doing my first $100 shopping day. I found a shady parking spot and when I entered the mall a gentlemen held the door open and when I left the mall another gentlemen held the door open again. The shops went well - except for one that seemed to have all new personnel. The last shop even offered a great cappuccino for refreshment. I had time to shop myself and lucked out and found the jacket I had seen the week before and wanted for my niece, at 50% off. Proof that MSing can be fun and profitable.

Not a lot of activity for December so far but that is ok with me. The plan is to stop shopping between the 10th and the 15th and check back again in January. I'll take my usual repeat assignments and try for a couple of my favorite shops throughout the month.
I plan to enjoy the holiday season and spend time baking, decorating the house and gardening. We also have lots of parties, short trips and events planned for December.

By January I'll be eligible for some of those 6 months rotation shops again and will be refreshed and ready for action.

Enjoy the season and happy shopping to all!

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums