Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Independent Contractor Networking
 Any "networking" relationships with people you met here working out?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

TaraW
Valued Contributor

Irmo, SC
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  7:36:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mariya- I feel the same way you do about people in my area, South Carolina. It's amazing how quick the assignments go, but no one will respond to network and all... I would like someone to talk to about this whole mystery shopping/ merchandising thing. So if anyone would like to chat, I would appreciate it!

Tara
Go to Top of Page

Katiee
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  6:39:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Networking with people who work in your area is great, but so is building long distance relationships with other mystery shoppers. If you're having trouble connecting with a local, try someone in a different area of the country. I correspond with shoppers on the opposite coast. While we haven't been able to help each other with leads, it is awesome to talk to someone who knows first hand what your job is like!
Also, for those looking to connect, try the forums on the company websites. It's easy to break the ice when you're working the same shops (just in different locations).

Katiee
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  12:58:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have networked and made friends with a fellow Ms'r that I met through Volition. I look forward to her emails, and have gotten great advice from her on everything, not just MSing.

DonnaShops~ you are a treasure, I'm glad you are a part of my world

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  5:39:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been trying to get some networking with those that are in Oklahoma with little success. I did however, met a fellow MS at the Gold Certification workshop and we manage to converse via email on occassion.

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Gary D
Trainee

Wappapello, MO
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  10:30:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been able to connect wtih anyone in my area yet, would like to though. I have been in touch with a nice lady in the next state who has been very helpful in getting me started. I am just as glad to have a friend from a distance as one in my backyard.

MSPA-Silver Certified
MSPA-Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  10:57:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to keep the Oklahoma forum alive so those in the area could stay in touch and still maintain anonymity. Doesn't seem to be working though.

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

CathyCastle
Trainee

Bainbridge, GA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  7:00:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
GA person.. whoo hoo Mechellenga... you want to network.. well i know of a few merchandising jobs up in your area...

Cathy Bannon
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  3:06:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cici

I have networked and made friends with a fellow Ms'r that I met through Volition. I look forward to her emails, and have gotten great advice from her on everything, not just MSing.

DonnaShops~ you are a treasure, I'm glad you are a part of my world

Thanks, Cici! You're too kind. It's been nice to actually get to meet another shopper. I met several at MSPA Gold in Little Rock last year (Hi Dotee!) but it's been nice to have a friend in the ms business and meet face to face. And thanks for all the moving boxes...they really came in handy!

PamInCa is great. We not only share the same last name but a lot of the same opinions and ideas. Thanks for the tips and the smiley link!

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

BeverBob
Valued Contributor

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  8:47:09 PM  Visit BeverBob's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question that'a probably been asked, but here goes...
Do mystery shoppers at a convention all wear nametags?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  9:45:30 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
But, it is generally their real names, not the ones you see here. So, you still don't know who anyone is until you talk to them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  11:16:59 AM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like to connect with other MS'ers as well! I've had a bit of networking Success myself, but have yet to network with those in my area either. The Volition MS forums are a good place to start.

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  6:14:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have made a few friends on another forum...we talk about everything including msing...feel like I know them, and we made tentetive plans to all meet in Vegas next year! No trip, as I jumped the gun, and no one signed up....still looking for a networking group in L.A.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  3:48:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well some people believe that Alan from Texas and I hooked up.............but that is just a rumor.
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  2:50:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like to find a cute hip senior male, might even take him for dinner at one of my great Beverly Hills restaurants.....hehe

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  9:36:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does it have to be a 'cute, hip, senior male'? I think I would really like dinner at a great Beverly Hills restaurant!!!

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  10:23:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently have been in contact with a shopper that is in my area...yahoo!! We have plans to meet for coffee, so, that's who's getting Red Robin when I don't jump on it!!

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  4:11:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Irene, is it a cute hip senior male we should know about?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  10:09:40 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For a good while, I networked with the shopper from the Denver area who sat next to me at MSPA Gold training.

While I was in a conference call for project training, I was introduced to a shopper in the big city (Omaha). We talked on the phone a few times, but meetings never worked out.

I read the threads in this category and network now with someone way out in the western part of my state.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

SharonR
Valued Contributor

Dickson/Nashville, Tennessee
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  8:49:14 PM  Visit SharonR's Homepage  Send SharonR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not met any one on here that works in my Small Community, The Ones who merchandise here,I already know,or meet as they come on board as a newby.Or Some One I suggest they would make a good merchandiser or mystery shopper.,There is a lot who seems to try the business but a month or so later they poof....

"Its The Sweet Life"
Dove Chocolatier
Go to Top of Page

Diane H

McCook, NE
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  1:36:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How funny . . . . . I was just reading this thread for the first time and I have been fortunate enough to network a bit recently with a seasoned gold cert merch/shopper from eastern Nebraska. He has been a big help to me just as far as bouncing ideas off of him. Plus, since I'm only silver cert, just at 1 year shopping and have never been in a room with a bunch of other shoppers, he can give me his professional perspective on the kind of things I might otherwise have to wait until I am in a room with a bunch of other shoppers to ask!

Diane H
Randomly wandering southwest Nebraska knowing that eventually better things will come!
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums