Valued Contributor

Sacramento, CA
USA
214 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  3:32:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsJudyP

A comment about the Subway gift card.
I tried to use one and had difficulties. First,the money was not loaded onto the card and I had to return with my receipt and have it taken care of. That resulted in money out of pocket to pay for my meal. No problem since I still have the gift card,right? Wrong.
A few days later I attempted to use my gift card when I bought lunch for DH and self. The total was about seven dollars. I handed the cashier my five dollar gift card and the remainder in cash. He could not deduct the gift card for payment. Since my purchase was over the amount on the gift card,the register would not take it.So, once again I could not use the gift card for my purchase.
Hopefully they have ironed out all the bugs on this new program. If not,make sure your purchase is not over five dollars before you use the gift card (or whatever amount you have on it)

Sorry to hear about your problems with the card - makes me glad I passed on this because the fee wasn't good for the required scenario.

I had a similar problem with a Subway card like yours. I won a $5 card and went to redeem it by buying a footlong meal. The cashier told me the same balogna when I presented my cash and the card. I told him fine; took back the card and cash; and said to cancel the meal. He said it was already made. I said fine; I had a card and cash on the barrel that was refused.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1775 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  12:30:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I passed because of the low fee as well. It will go up when no one takes it.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  11:52:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All the shops were snatched up after the first day in my area.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  12:22:41 AM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote

SUBWAY cards work.
The employees 'saying' this have lack of training, in how to do a partial card /cash or credit or debit transaction.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1017 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  04:31:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My very first job was a Subway shop. I got the meal covered and a small fee and thought it was the greatest job ever. I never saw another one and have been hunting ever since. Based on how they are paid now with a gift card, I don't think I want one.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  06:28:43 AM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jen Borgen

I have done 5 Subways in the last few weeks and no one has won.

Anyone else have any winning Subways lately?

I am wondering if there is a uniform requirement for these shops?!( I have heard scuttle-but at a local subway that a reveal was rewarded to a not in uniform employee.
Go to Top of Page

Alan-Texas
Star Contributor

Arlington, TX
USA
519 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  06:36:57 AM  Visit Alan-Texas's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stella41, my understanding is that there is a uniform requirement for Subway employees. But since the reveal shops don't require us to care about uniforms, we don't really have to mess with it.

On a funny note, I had a reveal shop a couple of weeks ago where the employee at the register correctly tried to upgrade me. Turns out, he was the district manager who was helping the line that day. It was so funny watching the staff razz him about it. When I handed the store manager the Congratulations certificate, he tried to quickly take it away from her (he failed). Another employee then asked him if he would like for them to buy a frame to hang it on the wall for him. It was hilarious.

Alan A.
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping the Dallas / Ft. Worth area since 2005
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  4:51:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's good to know the dist. manager led by example and upgraded your order.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
256 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  9:33:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a new batch of shops out that do not require the measuring and pay a bit less. I assume they are reshops for places that did not win. I took a couple of those since they are less detailed.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  11:24:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't believe the new ones I saw are reshops; more like a complete different part of town. So far, the three releases I've seen were located in different areas. They might be releasing demographically.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  03:09:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did 8 of these shops 4 one day and 4 two days later. Two days in one week not paying for dinner for my family of 4 is GREAT! Sure wish I could find more like these. I live in such a small town all shops are hard to come by, not to mention in my full-time job I work with two other shoppers! What competition the three of us have trying to find these.('')('')

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  04:00:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Before kids my husband and I did these often - but while I was pregnant with my daughter I ate at Subway almost every day - and would get the exact same thing each time. So I sort of got sick of them for a while. And gained a lot of weight (they should have used me in an ad!!).

But now my daughter is going to be four and I believe I would like to start doing these again. Loved them.
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  8:42:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not done a Subway shop in a while. It does not show up on any of my lists anymore. Any hints would be appreciated - SASSIE/Prophet/other? A-M or N-Z? etc.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  9:56:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Other - first set of alphabets.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1775 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  7:07:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Saw the advertisement for "easy" shop. I was wary, so only took two. Now I'm wishing I had snapped up all the ones in my area. This current sub shop took 6 minutes at the location and another 4 to enter the report (yes, 4). So, get them while you can!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Terren
Valued Contributor

Brandon, FL
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  8:04:08 PM  Send Terren an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
having fun with these super easy!

GOLD *x1z1xl*
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
912 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2011 :  8:21:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, it's been years since I saw these jobs. Off to hunt!

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  06:05:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

Wow, it's been years since I saw these jobs. Off to hunt!

My husband loves to hear about the day's mystery shops and the goofiest questions/scenarios I've come across.

This one was the best he had heard in a while.

I snagged the only one anywhere near me.
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  4:21:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shopped three Subways today and they are easy, except for the getting lost in the rain part. My GPS sent me to a cow field...typical rural Florida.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Terren
Valued Contributor

Brandon, FL
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  8:02:23 PM  Send Terren an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two today and one of them does not exist...emailed them about it cause it's not even on the subway store locator....

GOLD *x1z1xl*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums