Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PLBowles

Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  06:51:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me what the hype is about selling baby formula checks on Ebay? I see them selling for right up to their face value.

Patrina
It's FREE if I don't have to buy anything to get it!

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3120 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  09:29:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They must be crazy. Some people do get carried away by the bidding. Mmmh, I have never thought about putting up my formula checks for bidding. I will have to do that. I can use any extra money right now....

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

ACrawford
Valued Contributor

Roanoke, VA
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  4:31:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Somehow all of the formula companies think I should have another baby soon, but I am definitely not ready. They keep sending me coupons, and all my friends don't need them. I started selling them on eBay and have made quite a bit of money. I have even sold cans of formula sent to me. It is amazing how something free can get me some much needed cash. Plus, they are easy to ship! Definitely worth the time to sell the baby coupons.

Andrea
Go to Top of Page

Carol L
Apprentice

Atlanta, GA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  08:31:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have recently read about coupons being sold on Ebay, too. I know that Ebay doesn't allow you to sell scanned or printed coupons. So, how do I get "real" coupons for baby formula? Is there a mailing list?

Thanks

Carol L
Go to Top of Page

Amanda AshvilleNC
Valued Contributor

Ashville, NC
USA
118 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  08:51:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carol L

So, how do I get "real" coupons for baby formula? Is there a mailing list?
When I signed up for the FREE baby magazines, they sold my name to all the companies.

Search the "Stuff I Found" forum for baby and check:
http://www.volition.com/magazine.html
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3120 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  09:09:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can sign up directly with all the formula companies. Around the time the baby is due, you even get free formula samples (usually smaller containers than those sold in the store), and many coupons. I usually give those I don't need away. But none of the people I know, have little ones younger than mine and now they don't need the formula anymore. This would be a nice way to make some extra money. However, to pay almost full or even full coupon value, that doesn't make much sense to me. I always thought, there might be a problem to hand them off to out of towners as my name is printed on the formula checks....

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

PLBowles

Georgia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  10:13:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think there is a problem with the name. I give them to my sister all the time and she has no problem. She uses them at Wal-Mart.

Patrina
It's FREE if I don't have to buy anything to get it!
Go to Top of Page

Carol L
Apprentice

Atlanta, GA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  4:08:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip about how to get the coupons. I actually don't know anyone that is expecting right now, but I thought it would be nice to try selling them on Ebay. I read and article on one of the auction seller's forums about coupon selling on Ebay, recently. I think, it's becoming big business - and they hardly take up any space.

Carol L
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
61753 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  11:41:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You will notice that there are a few buyers on eBay that are buying ALL the formula coupon/checks. One buyer inparticular buys most of the auctions listed that come directly from the manufacturer, the 'check' ones with your name/address and account #'s. He buys hundreds of them at a time. Once he buys you won't get anymore formula coupons in the mail from the companies. Just an FYI
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
275 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  8:22:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know the motive behind the buyers on Ebay, but you-all do know that formula can be one of the items the druggies use to make Meth? Most of the grocery stores in my town limit the # of cans you can buy.

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums