Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Stacy1
Contributor

Billerica, MA
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  08:55:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone familiar with this company? They are looking for people on Narms. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Stacy

.Lucas at LPInStore
Inactive

Harpers Ferry, WV
USA
103 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  12:57:08 PM  Visit .Lucas at LPInStore's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them in December.

They pay on the 12th of the following month, so it is a little while, but they do pay.

The demo was a 4-hour one, and they are pretty nice!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  3:51:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AWESOME Company!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  01:54:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine were, usually Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I have worked for them for 2 quarters doing coffee demos. The supplies roll in though, so you better have a little storage room. The nice thing is that we get to keep our brewers and I just love mine!
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  09:35:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work with them on merchsndising, I'd like to get into demos. Any info on a CA. scheduler?

mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  7:33:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also do merchandising for them, and Love working for them

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

VictoriaF
Contributor

NorthEast, PA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  09:30:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I merchandise for them as well and find them to be a wonderful company, very pleasant, very helpful, & they pay you a decent rate.
Go to Top of Page

GayleS1

Middletown, NY
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  3:27:23 PM  Visit GayleS1's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

I've been working for MCG for several years here in NY State.
This company has some great clients. They provide clear project guidelines and are always available to answer questions. MCG employees are friendly and helpful. This company values and respects merchandisers by trusting them to work on their own schedule. Good Pay....Excellent company!

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  2:11:51 PM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings.

Any recent feedback on this company?

Thanks!

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

SherryJean
Contributor

New Market, TN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  09:04:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for them. Easy assignments. Pays on time. Have never had any problems with them.

Sherry Jean
ADDICTED TO MERCHANDISING
Go to Top of Page

GloriC
Contributor

TX
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  5:34:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for over a year now. I absolutely love the work and my DM. I have experienced two DMs now (just because I moved not them) and have been treated with respect and kindness all the time. If you can get work for them-- don't hesitate. They pay on time and are very clear with the instructions 99 percent of the time. If you have questions, the DM is always there to answer them. The company doesn't pay as much as some- but it it worth your time and effort.

GloriC Striving to be the BEST. Shopping with honesty, integrity and an angel by my side!
Go to Top of Page

SherryJean
Contributor

New Market, TN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  5:54:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done the 10k and 14k door retrofit projects for Market Connect Goup? I couldn't get most of the gold strips off the doors and the ones I did I couldn't get to stick. And it seemed to take forever to adjust them. Did anyone else do them or have any problems.

Sherry Jean
ADDICTED TO MERCHANDISING
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  6:40:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any cool hints you guys have acquired while doing men's neckties?
Figuring out which styles are theirs is quite time consuming as I am new with ties.
Go to Top of Page

StevenG

GA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  6:29:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry, I was able to get the gold strips off with a screw driver. Just try to wedge it under and apply steady pressure. It will slowly come off. If you immediatly set the gold strip on the new door it should stick well enough for you to get the new door tightened into place.
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  7:37:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Resurrecting this thread! My wife just picked up some coffee demos for the holidays. She is hoping this might get her foot in the door with them. Does anyone have any recent experience?

TIA

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Angela S.
Trainee

Alameda, California
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  11:02:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Russ, I had some Coffee Demos with MCG (temporarily) and was able to get a PT Merchandising position within 2 months. I have nothing but positive remarks about them.

Angela
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  11:32:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's good to know! The lady she spoke said since she is doing the demos if any merchandising work does come up they will let her know. Someone is supposed to call in a couple of days to firm things up but she already has the dates. Plus they added two more since Friday.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  8:24:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anybody have the aerogrow project?

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  05:43:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has any one gone through the changes with this company hiring employees instead of independent contractors? I was asked for fill out an application and email all my forms ASAP, which I couldnít because I donít have a scanner. In this case I mailed them and they were hoping to complete the hiring process by the first of the NEW Year.. My scheduler did mention they were going to make a few changes; it could be that not all of the independent contractors would be hired I tried logging into the web page and it didnít work for me. Does any one have more information about this?....This has nothing to do with the demos, I'm only asking about merchandising....?

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  06:17:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shel,
Which stores do you work on men's ties, I work the boys ties at JCPenney, but all the ties there are one brand so I fix them by styles then by colors, solids then prints.

I also work on mens ties for another company at Sears and to know which ones I should work with I read the instructions that tell me which brand/label. Very tie has a label on the inside, when you fold a tie you slip the thinner edge through that brand/label; then you fold it again to hang it on the tie hanger.

You'll know which ties are which by these labels, Dockers, Van Heusen, Arrow, ext. If they're mixed as it sounds by reading your post; first you would separate them by brands/labels gathering yours; then merchandising them by style, colors, solids and prints. Following POG when provided with your instructions.

I do get lost in fill table displays with so many colors when one label has different styles, made with different materials like silk, from the others that are not silk, fixing colors and prints almost but not the same....so on...and ....so....on.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

.JennrBailey
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  07:02:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not heard anything from my DM about switching to employee... what part of the country are you in? Maybe it is a test? or it could be that my DM is off right now... I thought she said she was taking off through 12/31... or maybe they don't like me and I am getting the boot LOL ... who knows these days :-(

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums