Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  04:41:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought the same thing happen to me two months ago, I couldn't log in. They were updating the web site and I was able to log in later. I was worried for a moment, called my DM and she checked for me, it was O.K.

At the end of that month I saw my job posted for a merchandiser in my area for this company. I expected not to be able to log in the web site this month, but I was still scheduled and able to log in...Surprised!! I received an email about their web site having new changes.

....Our assignments have also been cut down and have about one-third the work we used to. While looking for more work I found out I may be losing this one, very soon it seems.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

PronoiacLinda
Trainee

Seattle, WA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  8:21:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I want to append my post with an announcement of a positive development. I'm still fired. But my DM's boss has agreed to pay me for the hours that the DM stripped off my schedule. I view that as an honorable outcome. Incidentally, as of 6/30/09 MCG will no longer have independent contractors. Anyone working for them will be employees. If you haven't been advised of this by your DM, and you're an IC who hasn't been converted to an employee, get on the horn pronto!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

LecaD
Trainee

MO
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  10:28:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in one of the last states to switch from ICs to employees. I will be an employee July 1st, with a small pay cut.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  12:17:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me, too. They should have the new site up and running by then also.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  11:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since this company has fired a lot of ICs and DMs , hired the better ICs then fired a few whom didn’t meet their expectations/they are checking for perfection.

I hope their new web site has a section to up load pictures with reports for each product. Like all the other merchandising web sites where uploading pictures is fast and easy.......just uploading to reports.

I serviced five different brands of one product taking before and after pictures, a few extra as instructed to select the best for reports.

Servicing two locations, same product, same amount of pictures...15-20 each store.

When I got home I was lost within all those pictures….. Which picture went with which store??…

This caused me to work just one store come home download pictures, go to the next store since the stores and products were the same the only difference was the store numbers.

Then naming every picture as instructed without errors …All named the same only difference is the store numbers.

10 pictures named (first location)
xxxx_store name_#555_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_before
xxxx_store name_#555_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_after

10 pictures named (second location)
xxxx_store name_#566_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_before
xxxx_store name_#566_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_after

Since two files can not have the exact same name I had to add a dash or space at different places for each picture named.

xxxx_retail__#xx_xxxx_xxxx_state_xxxx_before
xxxx__retail_#xx_xxxx_xxxx_state_xxxx_after

(Can you spot the extra dashes?)

You can save the names for pictures in a Micosoft word file; for all stores and brands you work with then copy and paste to pictures. Make a few changes like dates and brands etc….with practice/experience this helps …….but still this is a lot of work.

Be positively sure they’re sent to the correct email address beware just one client’s report could be different from the rest……having a totally different email especially for them, double check on these……

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  4:15:23 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any current feedback on this company? I've just accepted two jobs from them for September and I'd love some feedback.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  8:29:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They're a good company, just follow instructions, take pictures if requested and report in time. Very good company to work with. What kind of job will you be doing, merchandising or demonstration?

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  04:08:55 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have two apparel resets (merchandising) to do for them.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  11:06:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've just applied for a seasonal merchandising position with them. Sounds like if I am hired for the seasonal position that they should be a good company to work for.
Go to Top of Page

TeriZoo41

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  2:20:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Teri
Go to Top of Page

Alice Sue
Apprentice

Urbana, Il
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  06:57:55 AM  Send Alice Sue an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did coffee brewer demos for them in Nov and Dec as well as some merchandising. Got paid regularly and on time. I haven't had any problems with them and enjoy the work and they answer questions quickly.

Alice Sue
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2010 :  1:01:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been offered a part time merchandising position with MCG. The woman was very imformative but I am curious to know if the work you do is tedious? EX: bras, belts, neck wear, jewelry, etc. Is there plenty of time alloted for these tasks? How do you like what you merchandise.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  09:15:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
I just got a call from this co. and was asked to send in an application. He mentioned merchandising in big dept. stores with designer clothing, and demos for a coffee machine. Anyone have more recent feedback? Are they reliable? Pay well? Have steady work? Would love especially to hear from those of you in the NYC area. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2010 :  2:52:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked with MCG for over 2 years now and really like the company. There is always something going on but work loads are up and down. Work is heaviest at the holidays. They have a new website and the picture uploading is now much easier than previous posts indicate. I have a fabulous supervisor which makes any job easier.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2848 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  5:11:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have work in my area, on a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate this company at this time? I'm considering applying, but don't want to get involved with a company that their employees are not happy.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  03:50:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company has been one of the top best, as far as I know it still is, BUT they did make a few changes as all other companys have when the economy went bad....wages were lowered, work and reports to be alittle more professional, pictures before and after.... Distict Managers did walk-in store checks on log books, scheduled time reported, following instructions and compared pictures to work reported. Every thing had to match,or else..... older employees were fired. They should work as professionals as expected, since they still were being paid the previous wage before it dropped for all/new employees.

They did have a web site with all information and instructions any time you need to read/print them. Had monthly steady work before but seems to have slowed alot since I haven't seen any one log-in for work for a few months now at deptartment stores they serviced. Always paid in time without problems, monthly schedule by the first of the month with plenty of time to complete assignments (days).

Many ICs/employees were unhappy because of the wrong attitudes from everywhere when the changes were suddenly made, as mentioned DMs fired first then ICs, without warnings....But these things do happen with large companys, sometimes,(just for the changes) so don't be afraid to take the job because of this.

If you're good enough, professional with work and communications, adapt to changes then you're luky to have the right attitude and stick through it all.....and still have the job....

I wonder who did......anyone?

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  1:46:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a phone number for the NYC office? Thanks . . .

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  7:42:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an interview with this company tomorrow. As long as it is for merchandising I'll at least try it. However, if it's for demos I probably won't take it, as I don't really care for demos and I can't do more than one every couple of weeks due to a knee issue I have.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  06:19:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta, I usually hate doing demos but the coffee maker ones were pretty fun. Lots of people very interested in how this machine makes the coffee. They loved being able to pick their flavor and push the button too.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  09:40:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shell, thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums