Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

AxWard
Apprentice

Raleigh, NC
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  07:42:00 AM  Visit AxWard's Homepage  Send AxWard an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I haven't had any assignments available in my "Available Assignments" through ICC Decision Services list for months now, and I usually complete at least 2-3 shops for them each month. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same type of decline for this company (or any others for that matter).

Thanks!
AM

CarolynRosell
Star Contributor

Vineland, NJ
USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:36:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have been getting regular emails for assignments. I did one shop for them over the week-end.
Maybe you should give them a call?

I shop Vineland, Deptford, Mays Landing and Atlantic City, NJ
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:38:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, my available assignments for them have been minimal lately (2 per month instead of my usual Ĺ dozen or more). I assume I did all the shops in my area and am waiting for my turn in the rotation because I saw a few jobs for November that I haven't seen in awhile.

OR. . .maybe there is a new and quicker shopper finding the self-assigns in my area

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  09:56:18 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think all companies have been slow this month. If you are really concerned it might not hurt to email them or call them.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  10:04:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done one shop for ICCDS and that was months ago. Their list has also been blank here for me as well.

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  6:18:53 PM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do a lot of ICC shops and lately have only seen a few in my area. I selected two of the three shops that were listed only to received an email stating there was a glitch in the system and the jobs I had selected were already given to another shopper ....I hope more get posted because I love ICC

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  8:31:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did ten shops at the beginning of the month and I have three more scheduled for the end of the week and a bunch already signed up for in November.

I do not see this as a slow month, at least not here in WA.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Carosell
Star Contributor

Virginia
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  8:48:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have enjoyed all the shops Iíve done for ICCDS however, what I find difficult is that I never know until 36 hours prior to the date I selected if I got the shops! I wonder why. Reading your posts it sounds as though itís handled differently in different parts of the country? Or have I missed something here?

MSPA Silver Certified

Cholle
MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Nancy1953
Valued Contributor

Drexel Hill, PA
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  06:07:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my husband and I both shop for this company. we have all we can handle for the beginning half of November. I'm not scheduling any shops for Thanksgiving week unless they are last minute ones I agree to, I always overdo that week! They never let you know way in advance, but you are able to turn them down without a problem if you have a conflict. Believe me, there are plenty of other shoppers who would love to do them! I always provide them with two referrals if I can't do a shop, but I almost always do them so don't often run into this problem. I keep track of what I've applied for, so I know my potential shops. this is a great co. to work for. pay is prompt, shops are not unreasonable in what you need to do, forms are easy to fill out. JMHO!
Go to Top of Page

Kimmme
Star Contributor

Costa Mesa, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  2:03:07 PM  Send Kimmme an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for ICCDS for 1/2 year but each and every job I've come across are all paid the same exact fee whether you interact with 1 associate or 4, or if it is a reimbursement or purchase & return.

I know I'm only basing this on a short timeframe, but I'm curious if they do have shops that vary the fees and I just haven't seen any?

Kim
MSPA Gold 8/2004
Shopping in Orange County, CA
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  4:59:49 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
In the last 6 months, I've seen 2 shops!!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

SherryShopper
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
490 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  5:39:52 PM  Visit SherryShopper's Homepage  Send SherryShopper an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not seen any assignments from ICCDS recently either. I do know that there are a ton of shoppers in the Central FL area. But I keep checking!

~*~ Sherry ~*~
sfox@yourwebness.com
MSPA Gold Certified #bzxeut
Shopping:
Orlando, FL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  5:58:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nothing for me of late, either. But then I've only done 3 jobs for them since I signed up last year so what else is new?

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  6:27:38 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they usually post at certain times of the month? I recently did my first shop for them and was pleasantly surprised at the quick payment. It isn't a site I check daily so I am wondering if I am missing out by not checking in there more. I don't think I have ever gotten an email telling me there are shops available.

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

BevJH
Contributor

Palm Beach County, Florida
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  6:41:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first and only shop for them three months ago and have seen nothing available since then. I rarely check anymore because it has been unproductive and my time is better spent where I know I can pick up some evaluations.

Bev MSPA GOLD Certified -in Orlando-July, 04
Shopping, merchandising and using my Nikon for digital camera audits in Palm Beach County, FL and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

TaraAnne
Apprentice

Kansas City, MO
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  6:52:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I love ICC/DS! I have done 8 shops for them this month already They pay consistently in a reasonable amount of time. I check their sight regularly and have recently started getting e-mails about shop availability. I think that came after performing a certain amount of shops.

Concerning waiting until 36 hours before an assignment is due to see it on your current assignments: When there is the available assignment section that I'm interested in, I click on the assignment in the assignments available/offered section. I then print the page before accepting the assignment. I do that so that I have a record of what shops I am going to have with ICC/DS in the future before they shop up on my home page. That helps give me a concrete record until the assignment shows up in the currents assignments section. I have seen this concern voiced before. I hope I explained that so it helps someone.

This is my favorite company to work for. The shops are fun and usually at some of my favorite stores. The forms are relatively short and there is usually a fee and reimbursement, which as a domestic goddess I thoroughly enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

DEaton
Star Contributor

Troup, Texas
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  7:16:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm going to do my first shop for them next week. I've been waiting a month for the details to be made available on the website for me to print. They wait like 3 or 4 days before the shop is due to do this, seems kind of strange to me. Maybe to keep us from misplacing the paperwork??
I hope this works well, it sounds simple enough from just glancing at the forms.

Diane
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ScrapAng

Toledo, OH
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  06:53:28 AM  Visit ScrapAng's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do I understand correctly, that once you select shops, they basically disappear until a few days before they are due? I was sure I had selected 3 shops- which I was so happy with, because I had never seen anything available to me before, and these were all within a mile of my house. Anyway, I can't find anything about them now. I do know where and when, but I started to think I had imagined it! I expected them to be in pending or get a confirmation e-mail or something! It's only been 6 weeks of shopping for me...there's so much to figure out!

Angela Landin
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:00:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been offered any shops in my immediate area for over a month and I log in to check almost every morning (If I remember correctly, it's stated somewhere on their site that they post overnight). I've sporadically gotten some offers for shops in areas that are over 50 miles away from me when I used to get lots of offers for stores 5 miles from me. I'm disappointed because I liked working for ICCDS very much. I'd love to know what the deal is.

ScrapAng, after you select shops, they disappear until about 36 hours before they are due. At that time, they appear in your "Current Assignments" section and you can print out all of the instructions. The problem is that the system is not 100% accurate and sometimes shops you select never re-appear. That's actually only happened to me once...there was interesting thread on the topic recently:

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6241&SearchTerms=,iccds

I've also found it's very important to keep good notes on what you've selected from them so you don't log in one day and find a job in your Current Assignments that you had selected weeks ago and forgot all about!

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:47:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe someone posted earlier on this thread that it is best before you hit the submit button you print a copy of the screen. That way you know when you are scheduled for a shop and if it does not appear three days before your scheduled to do it you can contact someone at ICCD.

I have been shopping with them for over two years now and I find most of the shops very enjoyable and the forms great.

And KellyNY, they usually post the shops starting at 11:00 PM in my area. That is when I check the site.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

SharonAnn

Longwood, FL
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  10:27:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelly R,
Ahhh! You are my competition!!

I have not seen many shops on ICC for LI either, just a couple in the last few weeks. Most of the ones that I see are in NJ (too far for me!). I guess the shops get snapped up quickly.........

Sharon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums