Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  7:51:46 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ICCDS used to do some product recalls, but I never got the assignment. I don't know if they still do.

I received an email Thursday asking if I could do a shop that day. The details provided left me with questions. I tried to call, but it went to voicemail. Given the time of day I called and the due date being the same day, I just forgot about it. I wanted to know if the audit would be announced or mystery shop covert. Announced would be ok. Mystery shop covert for the task I perceived would not be for me.

Friday evening, I received a different shop offer which I accepted and will tend to Saturday. The webpage confirmed the self-assign immediately. One nice thing is the abiliy to reschedule automatically twice! The form appears to be reasonable. It depends on the narrative expectation.
My one displeasure is the amount of time that you are required to be in the targeted store. You are required to interact with the clerk inside the first ten minutes. You are expected to remain in the store a lot longer. I know the location well enough to know NOBODY spends that amount of time there unless waiting on a spouse to shop elsewhere in the mall as a customer elsewhere. If I were not going to be in the mall anyway, I would not do it for the pay/reimbursement involved since I will have to revisit the location to return the required purchase next week to be fully paid. At least the shop terms allow that.

I also noticed a different shop offered about 25% of the going rate requiring over an hour of time preparing and doing the visit not counting the travel time. At that rate and time expectation, it gets a ten foot pole award.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  07:43:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company had a local grocery store chain for a long time....they are no longer shopping them......

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Jamie B

Salinas, California
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:45:25 AM  Send Jamie B an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Morning all,
I have my first shop for this company tomorrow. I wanted to ask those of you experienced with the invoice/reciept procedure for this company the best way of submitting those items? I haven't had to invoice a shop before. (I'm still a newbie..)

Thank you so much!

Jamie

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:50:14 AM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you finish entering a shop then there is an invoice available to print. You sign it and attach your receipt and with fax, mail or email it. It is a painless process. I like this company and wish they still had one of my favorite calorie loaded shops.
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page

Jamie B

Salinas, California
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:06:11 AM  Send Jamie B an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Janice,
thank you for the quick answer! What program do you use to "sign" the invoice, if you were going to email it? Are they picky?

Thank you!

Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  11:14:45 AM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always print off the invoice because you need to attach the receipt to it and sign with a pen. I guess I'm being old fashioned. I then fax it in. You could probably paste a scanned copy of the reipt on the invoice and a scanned copy of your signature but I do things the easiest way.
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page

CindyLou Shops the South
Contributor

South Carolina
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  2:00:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if this company will be doing the grocery shops again this year. It is the store with the "flowery" name? I like the variety this company offers and they always pay as stated. I do get tired of being offered the same shops from 100 miles away with ADDED BONUS of $3.00 or $5.00? Over all though the schedulers are nice and the shops forms are not too long.

CindyLou
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  7:56:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It has been over 3 weeks since I shopped and the status is "In process." What does it mean? Have they edited the report yet? I have only done one shop for them in mid-February.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

MattMS
Star Contributor

Genoa, Illinois
USA
360 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  6:17:36 PM  Send MattMS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina,

Did you submit the receipt/invoice? If I recall correctly, I think I had an assignment sit "In Process" once for that reason. Maybe...

Jeff,

I totally agree w/the time limit in some stores. There is a store that sells health products that I shop occasionally for them. I don't really like doing this shop as I must spend THIRTY FIVE minutes in the store. This is hard enough for me anyway (I'm a male, and don't linger when I normally shop) but this store is literally 25 FEET by 15 FEET at the MOST. I mean, it's TINY in a mall with ONE employee usually. And me. For THIRTY FIVE MINUTES! Yeah, I don't do them often!

Matthew - shopping North Central & North West Illinois
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  11:35:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was "Need paperwork," before it changed to "In process." So I'm sure they got the receipt/invoice. I just wonder how long it stays "In process." Are they slow in editing? I take it they don't give a rating or score.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  4:56:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The last four supermarket demos I comleted for ICCDS were no shows. I am wondering if ICCDS is having a problem assigning the correct dates and stores or if the demonstators are that unreliable. I can't complain as it makes for an easy shop and ICCDS pays the same whether the demo person is there or not.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  6:09:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I keep getting offers for supermarket demos which have ended hours before the email is even sent to me. I get other offers for convenience store assignments that "Must be done between 10 AM and 4 PM today" (example only)and the email is sent to me at 1 PM and I have to respond by email and then wait for a response.

Is anyone else having this type of experience, where the assignment requests seem out of sync with reality?

PS: I also had a supermarket demo "no show" two weeks ago. I still had to send pictures of the aisles - the instructions were very fuzzy, but I didn't hear any complaints about what I sent.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  7:07:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I pretty much ignore their emails after responding to a few that I WAS able to do only to receive a "Thanks but it's been filled," reply. Most of their email requests, at least to me, are always for the ones that "Must be done tonight or tomorrow." I used to be able to go on their site and select shops when I first started with them. But that stopped a few years ago and I don't like to spend the time replying to those emails for last minute distant shops that seem to always be filled anyway. I don't quite get the last minute pleading now and how their schedulers operate. Can you all see shops on their site or are you getting shops from the emails? I enjoyed the clients they had, but that was several years ago. I check their site once in a while, but there is never anything there.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  9:33:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judi -
I can never see jobs available at their site without there being a corresponding email indicating that there is a job available and it has been made available to multiple people. I don't look unless I see an email. Not worth the time. Of course, there may be several jobs and several emails. Then there are the emails which require that I reply by email only, usually for a rush job of some type. Those assignments do not appear on their site until they give it to me. My complaint is with the timing of their emails. They now often seem to announce job availability AFTER the time window is over, or half way through it.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Paula Rodrigues
Valued Contributor

Stamford, CT
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  05:49:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a problem with their web page not displaying open shops for some shoppers. Contact them to fix it--they are sometimes under the impression that there are no available shops in your area, this is incorrect, their system needs to be reset so you see open shops.

When I first signed up, I had missed out on plenty having not known this when they were doing a big NYC area supermarket chain, I was getting email notifications, but never saw the same shops posted.

Overall, ICCDS is a very good company, I am happy that they allow you can fax receipts if you don't own a pc scanner.
Go to Top of Page

TriciaLynne

Philadelphia, PA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2010 :  5:07:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ICCDS is one of my favorite companies. Their instructions and reports are easy and straightforward and they pay consistently within 1 month (usually close to a month). The scheduler I have dealt with, Claudia, is responsive and helpful. On the downside, their pay is rather low, but not ridiculously so.

Tricia Lynne
Go to Top of Page

RoseS
Contributor

IL
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  5:49:31 PM  Visit RoseS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I submitted my paperwork over a week ago, but it still says "Needs paperwork." Think I should e-mail them or would that just be annoying? They do say it takes several business days to process it all, but a week makes me a bit anxious.

Also, does anyone else have trouble accessing their forms? I'm pretty sure I do exactly as they say, but pictures are either missing or links broken. What on earth is going on here?
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  8:55:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm finding it's at least a week usually more until it moves to the "in process" status. Usually that happens about a week before I get paid. However, I don't worry since they pay around a month later. Only once in the last two years was something missed. After about 6 weeks had passed I e-mailed the scheduler, resent the stuff to her, and I was paid two days later. So, don't worry about it until at least a month has passed since you did the job, chances are good that they have it - just following up if you don't get paid is the easiest and less stressful way to deal with it.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Jessica865
Contributor

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  3:07:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Karen...it does take about a week and they are very reliable with payment.
Go to Top of Page

RoseS
Contributor

IL
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2010 :  8:02:18 PM  Visit RoseS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judging from your posts and a lot of other posts on here, it sounds like it's going to take some time before they get back to me. I guess I'm just an immediate gratification kind-a gal, not to mention a panicker.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums