Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  2:35:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a number of shops for this company and really like working for them. The forms are easy to understand and to fill out, and I've never had any difficulty with payment from them. I continue to receive offers from them pretty frequently, but maybe there are fewer shoppers for this company in my area. I'd definitely recommend working for them!!

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

Kimmme
Star Contributor

Costa Mesa, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  12:05:01 PM  Send Kimmme an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
To the one who could never find jobs, in my experience they post at night. I've seen them around 9pm (PST) and later, through the wee hours. Sometimes I'll see shops around 7:30am or so but rarely is there anything ever posted later than 9am or anytime during the day.

Great idea about printing, TaraAnne!! So easy and I never thought about that.

Kim
MSPA Gold 8/2004
Shopping in Orange County, CA
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  4:41:32 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think that must be true. I checked a couple nights ago at around 11 and I actually had a job offer. I applied for it so I hope it shows up in my to do list. It is the same store that I did for them before but a different location. Do those of you who work for them regularly see quite a few differnt accounts?

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

Mizzi_AZ
Valued Contributor

AZ
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  6:00:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee! To answer your question, I've only seen two different shops in my area (two different accounts). Like other posters, I feel that the forms are easy to understand and that payment is prompt. However, due to a mediocre payrate (in my opinon), plus a lack of local opportunities, I don't spend much time checking the firm's website anymore. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

SueNJ

Wayne, NJ
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  7:35:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love ICCDS. January I must have done 15 shops for them and this month NONE so far! I called last week and the scheduler said they should be "dropping" soon, so keep looking. I know there are rotations, so I will have to be patient. They are my favorite to work for - fast, friendly and easy! In fact their offices are in my town!
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  11:04:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dee in AZ

Do those of you who work for them regularly see quite a few differnt accounts?
In answer to your question, I do about 14 different shops for them. I guess it just depends on the area and whats out there.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

LeenieVA
Contributor

VA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  04:55:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've moved approximately 70 miles from "home" and it really is location, location, location. I used to see a great variety of shops with ICC/DS, but now see only two types.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

AbbyA

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  4:10:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does ICCD evaluate your "shop"? Will I receive a score? I did a shop last week and haven't heard anything yet.
Go to Top of Page

DonnaS

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  6:35:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a tip for aol users....

There is a feature called "remind me" where you can send yourself alerts/reminders/notes, etc., that will be emailed to your screen name. You can set it up for every day, every other day, a week, a month....(you get the picture)...in advance. This is really good for companies like ICC where the shops 'disappear' until a few days before they are due. It has saved my sanity on several occasions (assuming I was sane to begin with). I use aol 9.0, but I think it's on 8.0 as well. If not, you can use aol calendar...it's the same idea. Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

NSchade

Scottsdale, AZ
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  6:54:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for them in 6 different retail stores in Arizona.
Go to Top of Page

Jackie Co
Valued Contributor

West Hartford, CT
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  7:34:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ICCDS randomly posts shops. I apply for them and then it seems a week or two later I get an email that they have been assigned to me. The shops seem to disappear once I apply so I assume it is first come first serve. Does anyone agree with this??? They are a great company with very friendly reports and quick payment!!

Jackie in CT
MSPA Gold Certified
MSPA Shopper Panelist, Washington, D.C. 11/7/03

Jackie in CT
MPSA Gold Certfied
MSPA Shopper Panelist Washington, D.C.
Go to Top of Page

JulieAnn
Trainee

Portland, OR
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  9:36:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My first shop for this company was an emergency shop with reimbursement that I was very happy to complete. Since then, I have always received automated emails from them telling me there are shops available in my area. The email also says to go to the website and respond ASAP, because shops are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. This is one of my favorite companies!
Go to Top of Page

LynnieB
Valued Contributor

Seneca, SC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  9:17:52 PM  Send LynnieB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for a shop for ICCDS today at 9:05 AM. It had to be completed today by 6PM and since I had 3 other shops in the same town it would not have been a problem. When I left my office today at 4:00PM the shop had not been confirmed nor did it appear in my assignments list. Consequently I did not do the shop. When I got home at 9 PM I checked the assignment list and there it was with a due date of today. I sent them a note and am waiting for the response. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGH!
Go to Top of Page

Kimmme
Star Contributor

Costa Mesa, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  11:42:31 PM  Send Kimmme an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Usually when they do that to you, you're able to use the drop down menu and change the date. If the date is in the menu, you can take it.

Kim
MSPA Gold 8/2004
Shopping in Orange County, CA
Go to Top of Page

BevJH
Contributor

Palm Beach County, Florida
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  06:28:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Every time this topic gets ressurected, I breeze on by their site to see if there are any assignments (otherwise I have stopped bothering to check). Lo and behold at 9:20 AM EST there was an assignment. BUT!!!! you had to be between the ages of 18 and 29 to perform the shop and I am a tad bit older than that. Now I ask you.....doesn't anyone read the demographics we are asked to include with our application?

If we fail to read instructions we get docked and slapped and told what bad little shoppers we are. ICC/DS goes back to the bottom of my list; too much time wasted for naught.

Bev MSPA GOLD Certified -in Orlando-July, 04
Shopping, merchandising and using my Nikon for digital camera audits in Palm Beach County, FL and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

.Sharon59
Inactive

Sebastian, FL
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  10:55:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bev, I had a shop offered to me with the same demographics. I emailed them and asked if I could go if I brought my 17 yr old son or 18 yr old daughter (I am 44) It took days to get back to me, and by the time they did, the shop was gone, but they said I could do the shop as long as I brought someone in the qualifying age group with me. You may want to check that out.

Sharon
Shopping the treasure coast of Florida
silver certified 2x9kdv
Go to Top of Page

.KabeeCA
Inactive

Orange County, CA
USA
244 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  10:56:53 AM  Send .KabeeCA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am beyond the demographics for certain stores, but I've been told if I typically shop for myself at this store, then it is okay.

~Shopping "The OC" and some areas of Long Beach, CA~
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Debbi-Klos
Inactive

NY
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  04:35:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen any postings for this company lately? I realize that it might vary by location, (I am in upstate NY) but I haven't seen anything for them in quite a while.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
Valued Contributor

Terre Haute, IN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  05:09:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Debbi-K, yes I saw a posting for a store in my area yesterday. Then I completed one earlier this week for a job I received the end of last week. So they are posting, but just maybe not stores in your area yet. I hope you find some soon

Marcy ~ mystery shopper in western Indiana.
MSPA Silver Shopper certified #ijjaaf
Go to Top of Page

Debra 11

Tucson, Arizona
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  07:32:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them last week. They usually post in the middle of the night in my area. I got an email about an available assignment that they sent to me at 3:30 A.M. two nights ago! Of course, it was filled by the time I tried to look at it at 8:30 A.M. I like working for them and hope to see more assignments offered during my awake hours!

MSPA Gold Certified - t2ss4c
Shopping Tucson, Arizona
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums