Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

.StacieC
Inactive

Atlanta, Georgia
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  08:45:51 AM  Visit .StacieC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to complete several shops each month for them in the Atlanta area but have not been able to find anything since last November. Has anyone shopped for them lately in Georgia?

MSPA Gold Certified

Stacie Connerty
District Manager
ActionLink
Go to Top of Page

.SaraS
Inactive

NH
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  6:59:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do find that the early bird catches the worm with ICCDS as well. Good thing I'm an early bird

I like their forms, and find them to not be overly lengthy.

Sara
Silver MSPA
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  12:53:09 PM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't had this happen with ICCDS, but it has happened to me with Beyond Hello. I can't find any shops for any state, update my profile or anything. I emailed them twice but have gotten no response.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  1:37:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed that now that I've started to remember to Log Out every session, and reply to every email (even if it was to check the "Job Site Too Far Away" button), more opportunities are showing up. Most are still too far away, but I have picked up a few recently that were very nice.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

MDettelis
Trainee

Lancaster, NY
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  3:36:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing shops for ICC for over a year and used to complete up to five or six a month (once or twice up to 15). Lately, they have been slow, however. I get e-mail notification, but apparently someone else in my area snatches them up before I can get to them.

I do not know if this has happened to anyone else, but on four occassions, I have accepted jobs (and printed the acceptance page so I knew I got the job), but when the time came to perform it, it did not appear in my current assignments. When I e-mailed them about it, I never received a response. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mary Dettelis
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  08:35:32 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had this happen on my last pet shop. I actually did the shop, came home to put it in and it was gone. I emailed, then called, then emailed again. They told me I had not responded to an earlier email sent out that day regarding whether or not I was going to do the shop. I told them I was out shopping, so obviously I did not see the email and they said " Sorry, but it has been rescheduled to another shopper." Thank goodness I was only out 2.00, but it still did not make me very happy. Is anyone seeing shops posted from them lately?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

AmandaP
Valued Contributor

Corona, California
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  08:45:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing my first shop for them this Saturday!

But they also keep listing an available job that is too far from me, and I keep declining it for that reason. But for some reason it keeps showing up as available.

Amanda
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  08:52:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they like updates on whether you are still going to do the assignment. You never know when you will check in and see those jobs you put in for two weeks ago......well they are there in your to do and it's time to do them. ASAP! I enjoy the assignments and working for them. I haven't had any problems.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  09:05:45 AM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten emails from them asking for updates before the job is due. It does seem like they want to keep close tabs on pending shops. I started out with them earlier this year and have been receiving more offers and better shops monthly. I am really starting to enjoy this company. The pay is better than most and the reimbursements can be downright generous.

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  09:13:08 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me too, but this email was done while I was out. Not much I could do.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  09:23:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Question for seasoned ICCDS shoppers: I know that there are some shops in my area (which spans 100 miles in all directions). I've been registered for a long time and have access to their site but do not see anything posted ever. When I contacted them I was told that they limit shops to a 50 mile or less radius. Some of the shops which I believe they schedule are a trifle further but in a town I shop regularly.

So I'm wondering, do they already have dependable shoppers they prefer and use them regularly? In this thread I see references to shops being offered which were "too far away" but that might be a shorter distance than I consider too far. Just curious. They have been courteous and nice when I contacted them but don't appear interested in using shoppers from small towns willing to travel. Please let me know your experience and any tips for getting work. TIA
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  11:36:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I contacted them because I shop the Greater Houston Galveston Area at different times. I rotate through the city and malls and will go farther when I have shops together. I got the same response. Only som many miles from home, etc. So I could go to the mall that is a long way from my house and won't get to see what they have. I have gotten a fair amount of shops so I can't be too upset about it.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

Cindy3929
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  07:07:14 AM  Send Cindy3929 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been an "online" Mystery Shopper with ICCD and other companies within that last 2 1/2 months...returning to the work force because of vairious family problems IE: taking care of my Father ntil his death last year. During the 2 months of applying with hundreds of companies, I recieved 4-5 shops in my immediate area for them. I check 3-4 times a day for available shops. They go fast in my area and have always had a pleasant experience with them and paid. In fact, I have another shop for them in a week or two. I'm very happy with the company. Please don't give up on them. They are among my number one companies and I have the highest regard for them. Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Cynthia Foster
MSPA Gold # ko095x
Go to Top of Page

Melanie_fromNC
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  10:12:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Cindy! I love ICCDS!
Go to Top of Page

BettyJean
Contributor

Marietta, GA
USA
72 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  10:47:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Georgia and did one shop for them in May just north of Marietta.

Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  1:46:40 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I must vent - don't read this if you can't take it.
I completed a shop and submitted it on 5/2 and on 6/9 I receive this email:
"We are waiting for your receipt for the above *&%^ #$* store. Sometimes the receipts are to light for us to read. Can you please refax or scan and email your receipt to our office. Sorry for any problems this may have caused. Should you have questions or concerns please contact me."

Now, why, are they only telling me about this now? It has been submitted for over a month, showing as 'approved' on the web site & now I need to wait another month to get paid.....Good Grief!

I emailed back:
"I am sending an electronic copy of the receipt following this email.
I am happy to help you as soon as you notice any problem (too light, etc.) in the future.
Please contact me via email, the sooner the better.
I had been expecting payment around the 5th, when do you think I will now receive payment?" (notice I respelled 'too' correctly)

Guess what? No response & I am left to guess the payment will arrive the first week of July.

This is the second time I have encountered this with ICCDS & it is furstrating. I like the shops and the forms are so easy, but c'mon!

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

VBliss3

Wichita, Kansas
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  2:08:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only had a few avail assignments with them also. And they were kinda far, but paid fairly well. $ 15- 17 or so.
I am in Wichita Kansas, so..... But I will say that I have noticed a decline in Jobs avail this past month period with all the diff companies I contract with. It's a time of year thing....Summer, vacations, kids out of school... etc.. July will be busier, as will August and September!

Good Luck

Victoria
Go to Top of Page

Gennia
Contributor

Alabama
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  06:33:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for ICC. Keep checking and you will find the shops. They seem to come in waves. Sometimes there are few and then other times there may be 20.

Happily shopping N Alabama and S Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

Katiee
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  07:40:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I LOVE working for ICC/DC. Unfortunately, most of my offered jobs are 30-50 miles away, so I end up declining more offers than I accept. I have never received any feedback on my reports... I just get a check a few weeks after the due date. I've always mailed receipts rather than scan, so maybe that's why I've never had a problem. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I've always mailed their receipts since I scan them for other companies. I guess I could have saved a few cents on each job! Oh well.

Katiee
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  07:52:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now, why, are they only telling me about this now? It has been submitted for over a month, showing as 'approved' on the web site & now I need to wait another month to get paid.....Good Grief!
My guess is, the ICC editor approved the shop and the client later questioned the receipt. Not really fair, as they ought to be able to verify the purchase based on the receipt info you input with your report.

But ICC pays very promptly, often twice a month, so the wait shouldn't be too much longer.

I've had a few very light or otherwise unreadable receipts, too, and I've wondered whether there'd be a problem about that (not just from ICC/DS).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums