Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Bo
Contributor

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  10:20:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't know that you could scan your receipts for ICCDS. On my instructions, it always said to either fax or mail. Does anyone know if we are allowed to scan? And if so, does anyone know the email address for the receipts?
Go to Top of Page

BethMa

Richmond, VA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  11:46:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was getting shops from them regularly for about a month or so. They were one of the first companies I did shops for, so I kinda had a soft spot for them However, I have not seen any offers for at least two weeks, maybe three It is rather disappointing because I have never had a problem with them and they do pay so promptly Most of the shops I did were at clothing shops where they wanted somebody UNDER 35!! So I declined the job based on that, but in the reason space I put that I would do it if they really needed someone...and there it appeared in my "Available" list again, so I accepted it Never had any problems with it, same with the one that they wanted a male to do...I just bought some clothes for my husband!

Beth in VA...shopping Central Virginia cities, towns, outposts and various other whistlestops
~~Silver Certified~~
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2004 :  06:14:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bo,

I don't know if your question about scanning receipts is in response to my post, but I didn't mean to imply that you cuold scan receipts. I usually do my report and then fax my receipt, so they're done at the same time.

I had been both faxing and mailing in my receipts, because the instructions made it sound like I had to. But I spoke with someone at ICC/DS who told me that I only had to do one or the other, not both.
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2004 :  11:20:01 AM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bo,
I have always just faxed, but the fact that this sounded last minute on ICCDS part I just emailed a digital pic to help if there was a rush.

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

George

CT
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  09:37:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On May 25, 2004, I did my first shop for ICC Decision Services. I faxed them the required information and copies of the receipts. I also completed and submitted my on-line report. I did get a "thanks" but no confirmation number. Their system did not recognize my report and the shop remained open for a while on their system. I was not allowed to reenter the report. I made several attempts to get in contact with my scheduler and sent two e-mails to Payroll on their dedicated web site. Neither the scheduler nor their A/P respond to my inquiries. I even called them at 1-800-444-1717 and left a message to Payroll.

I did not get paid nor reimbursed!
Good thing that I only spent $1.05 for the required purchase at the pet store.
Go to Top of Page

Kaye
Apprentice

Lenoir, NC
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  9:20:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for ICC back in July. I was called on my cell and told it had to be done immediately and that I would receive a bonus since it was so short of notice. They sent me another assignment for the same store for the next month. I still have not been paid for the first. It still does not have a status listed for that shop. I e-mailed the ICC and asked if there was a problem with the shop I had done. They replied no and that the paperwork was taking longer than expected. I told them if they were not happy with the shop I did to please give the next shop to someone else. Are they always slow in paying?

Kaye Beasley-Rash
Go to Top of Page

Melanie_fromNC
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  6:22:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem with ICCDS and have ALWAYS been paid very promptly. In fact, they are one of my most favorite companies.

~^~Melanie~^~
MSPA Silver Certified - Shopping NC
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  6:40:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay a couple times a month. It seems to be at least 30 days behind. I have done alot of jobs for them and always been paid. I like them.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

KimberSoCA
Valued Contributor

Sherman Oaks, CA
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  08:07:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been shopping for them for over 3 years and have never had a problem with reports or pay. The scheduler that I work with emails me a couple of days before the shop is due to make sure I am still able to do the shop and always answers my questions promptly. I have a shop scheduled with them next week.

Kimberly
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Los Angeles area
Go to Top of Page

Ellie

Welch, WV
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  08:19:41 AM  Send Ellie an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love ICCDS. I get assignments from the regularly. If I have a question or concern, they have always responded. The pay has gotten here on time. Even though I am still a bit new, this company is GREAT

Ellie MSPA Silver Certified #8cruhb NARMS Certified Merchandiser and all- around good person. Proudly shopping Southwestern West Virginia and Northwestern Virginia!!
Go to Top of Page

DebbieRi
Trainee

Columbia, SC
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  4:41:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company? I'm about to do my first shop for them. Any problems with payment, scheduling, etc?
Go to Top of Page

MeganCA

San Francisco, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  4:59:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
I've been doing a few retail shops a month for ICCDS, and no problems. Payment has been prompt, within 5 weeks usually.
Go to Top of Page

.ChristinaHall
Inactive

Louisville, KY
USA
2126 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  2:34:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop in mid June, forgot to send the receipt for a while, and got paid for it (via paypal) yesterday.

Quick payments.

Christina

Christina Hall
silver certified zqst3x
Go to Top of Page

KMClayman

Waukesha, WI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  2:53:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had nothing but great experiences with this company. Easy reports, great shops and quick payment.

Kristy
MSPA GOLD Certified enqyfs
Shopping all of SE WI
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  8:01:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had good experience with this company. They do pay fairly quickly by PayPal. The schedulers are nice.

The most prevalent shop in my area was changed from a mystery shop to a potential reveal shop (you reveal yourself to the store manager if an employee does something particularly well.) I did several of them and did not feel comfortable with this change. The fee was too low, in my opinion, to justify compromising anonymity. It might be all right in big cities, but not the tiny towns around here; they would spot you forever after that, LOL! So I have been passing on these, but I used to love doing them. They have a fairly long rotation on them, though, several months between shops. Oh, well, maybe they will get rid of the reveal part at some point and I can start doing them again.

I love doing the clothing store shops they have, even though I ALWAYS spend more than I make on them.
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  6:05:09 PM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just tried to apply to ICCDS. The Web form required a valid Social Security number, so I e-mailed them. After an off-target canned reply and some miscommunication, I finally found out that they do indeed require a valid Social Security number before they will issue a username. I think this will scare a lot of people off.

By the way, the canned reply also included a warning that their system does not work terribly well on Macs. To my mind, the content of the warning was unconscionable -- as a Web developer myself, I know that there's no reason to build a Web application that ignores a popular operating system -- and a fifth-grader could have done a better job writing the warning than they did. The warning was totally gratuitous as well: although my primary computer is a Mac, I never mentioned that to ICCDS (they never asked), and I was using a Windows XP box when I e-mailed them. So apparently it's just part of their canned reply.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

.ChristinaHall
Inactive

Louisville, KY
USA
2126 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  9:21:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no problem giving my soc sec # to a reputable company. Otherwise we could all post fake names, and fake info, and never have to claim our extra income.

Christina

Christina Hall
silver certified zqst3x
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Somerville, MA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  10:24:46 PM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChristinaHall

I have no problem giving my soc sec # to a reputable company.

Neither do I -- and the best way to know that they're reputable is actually to work for them. There's no reason for them to have my SSN before they actually owe me money.

And now we'd probably better stop this, since we're getting off-topic.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Boston-area shopper
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  10:40:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marnen

After an off-target canned reply and some miscommunication, I finally found out that they do indeed require a valid Social Security number before they will issue a username. I think this will scare a lot of people off.

And yet it has not stopped a great crowd of shoppers from applying with Shop'n Chek , who also requires an SSN to register and is also quite popular.

I should add that I love ICC/DS. It's the first company I shopped for and lately they have offered me a TON of shops. The forms are simple, the receipt process straightforward, and the pay dependable.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

KPulsipher
Apprentice

Utah
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  4:43:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a long-time lurker to Volition, but a recent incident with this company has prompted me to post.

I performed a shop a couple of weeks ago for ICCDS and received an e-mail from them two days ago stating that it was rejected because I had not followed the instructions. I had printed the instructions off as soon as I received the shop. Apparently, between the time I had printed the instructions off and the time I completed the shop, the instructions had been updated and changed. An e-mail was sent out explaining the change, but I did not receive it and I completed the shop per the old instructions.

I contacted the scheduler, Nicole, regarding the mix-up and she offered a bonus for me to redo the shop with the correct instructions. She stated that she wanted to make sure that I continued to have a positive relationship with ICCDS. I am very impressed with the fact that they appear to respect their shoppers and value them. I will most definitely continue to work with this company. Hats off to Nicole and ICCDS!

Kristina
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums