Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Betsy E
Valued Contributor

Birmingham, AL
USA
170 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  8:31:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know there is another thread somewhere about purchase/return databases - I worry about this with ICCDS. I am in a high-end store's system because of the mystery shops and I've made two returns recently with them. They read my address back to me on this last one when I made the return! Ack! I'm in the store's computer! Has anyone been barred or not been able to do future shops with ICCDS because of this?
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  04:27:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've not been barred because of this, no. Some stores do keep your name in their database of customers, but this information can be acquired from using a credit or debit card when making a purchase, or simply from asking for a phone number at the time of transaction. The scenario you described may not be attributable to making a number of returns. If it is the high-end client that I am thinking it is, I've not encountered any issues due to the returns.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
362 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  09:00:27 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed 3 assignments for ICCDS, with all being paid as agreed. Their pay's commensurate with the shop requirements, and the staff was wonderful in repairing an error on my end; 2 thumbs up for this company.

Bob Engleman

Bob
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  09:16:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There seems to be an imbalance between pay and time/complexity of assigments with them. There's only one client I do with them because it is SO easy(even though there is narrative). Their shoe shops for the pay they give is ridiculous.

They do pay on time and shops are easy to reschedule if necessary.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Betsy E
Valued Contributor

Birmingham, AL
USA
170 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  11:58:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback Nora. Was wondering if I'll be flagged as either a mystery shopper or a shady person who returns purchases. Glad to know that doesn't seem to be the case.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  8:41:45 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm getting paid right on schedule by ICC. I did have a problem a few weeks ago where they were "having computer problems" and didn't get my invoices/receipts entered, and I had to resend a bunch, so I'm sure those won't get paid until 30 days after they got them entered, not 30 days from when I first sent them, but overall it's okay.
Go to Top of Page

LainieShop
Contributor

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  9:22:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing I wish ICC/DS had was some kind of feedback. I've done probably 10-15 jobs for them this month and no feedback. It's nice to know how you're doing. The forms are very easy to fill out with no questions. Normally, you have a narrative at the end. I would just make sure that you have your guidelines next to you so you can make sure you get everything they want in your narrative.

Overall, I like this company. They give you at LEAST two days to schedule yourself for and you can re-schedule yourself if you need to. I like this feature because if I find another job I want in the opposite direction I can easily make a better route for two different days.

Silver Certified 76vx3b
Shopping Myrtle Beach, SC! Schedulers feel free to e-mail me with any last minute jobs. I have no life :)
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  6:15:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LainieShop

Overall, I like this company. They give you at LEAST two days to schedule yourself for and you can re-schedule yourself if you need to. I like this feature because if I find another job I want in the opposite direction I can easily make a better route for two different days.

I do love that about them. That has happened to me so many times. With the price of gas and this not being the most lucrative job in the world, it only makes sense to reschedule in order to group shops together when possible. It's great to have that option without going through a big hassle.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  6:59:21 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had times when I could group a bunch of their mall store shops into one day, which was awesome. I'd just go from one to the other all for ICC.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2007 :  08:03:06 AM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I got up this morning, I signed into their website, and the site has been redesigned. It's all basically the same, but looks different.
Go to Top of Page

Maneese

Indianapolis, IN
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  1:25:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just signed up with ICCDS a couple weeks ago and have been offered several shops that I thought I'd be ready to jump at until the I saw the pay for purchase & returns and the amount of time they require you to stay in the stores. Three different retail shops required you to stay in the store for a minimum of 35 minutes but only paid $8-$12 fees. Way too low of pay for the amount of time required.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Winston Salem
Apprentice

Winston Salem, NC
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  05:15:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done two jobs for ICC/DS, both being offered to me by email. When I go to their website, I do not see a Job Board or any way to see what is currently available. I read on Volition that jobs were posted yesterday. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? I'd appreciate any help -- thanks in advance!! I'd love to do more shops for them.

Carol
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  06:31:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For me, at least, they are 100% self-assign. I believe they were that way from the day I signed up. Are you sure you have the right company, Carol?

You might want to give them a call. Their schedulers are full-time and available generally at their toll-free number during business hours. They work on a per-state basis - the info is on the website.

My experiences with them have been generally positive. I will say that they lost a couple points in my book when they made massive changes to a shop that I had been doing for a long time -- effectively making it twice as much work -- without any notification or change in pay. (They seem to have lost this client since, so I guess it no longer matters!)
Go to Top of Page

DonnaJ120

PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  08:18:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done about 20 shops with them this year and none have been self-assign. I am notified by email if they have jobs available. I have not seen a self-assign option.
They have been easy to work with and pay approx 30 days after the job is completed.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  08:24:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All of my assignments with ICC/DS begin with an email telling me there are shops available. Then I go to the web site and look at the instructions. If I am interested, I can self-assign.
Go to Top of Page

DonnaJ120

PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  09:37:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry, that was a good way to describe the process. That is the way it works with me. I get an email, then can go and look at the details and accept or decline.
Go to Top of Page

Jen Ohio
Star Contributor

North Olmsted, Ohio
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  07:58:47 AM  Send Jen Ohio an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They seem to pay really low. It has been a while sience I completed a shop for them and I just scheduled a clothing store. I am required to be in the store for a minimum of 30 minutes for a $8 fee plus $5 reimbursement. There is nothing in the store that is $5. I think it costs more than that for a pair of socks I think they shoud increase the reimbursement to at lest $10.

Finally Silver Certified!!
Shopping Northeast Ohio Full Time
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  08:46:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the self-assign and the ability to reschedule, however like others have said, 99% of the shops pay way too low for the time and/or detail wanted.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  10:51:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen any shops listed since January. Has anyone seen any? I was hoping to do some this month.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  12:09:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've gotten a couple of emails about "urgent" shops, but nothing else this month.

Joan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums