Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  1:15:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am getting a lot fewer offers than before. I was getting several per day and now it's maybe one per week.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2008 :  06:44:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I had 8 emails plus phone calls from two different schedulers looking to get some emergency shops done by the end of the day. How big an emergency can it be when the fee remained at the same old low level?

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  1:09:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't hear from them more than once a month now. Wonder if they lost some clients? Last year I saw at least one per week.

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  1:20:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last month they had all these shops and this month, nothing. I haven't gotten a single email.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

DavidWMiller

Monroeville, PA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  3:50:50 PM  Visit DavidWMiller's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll go 1 better. I signed up with these guys because they advertised emergency shops in my area (Pittsburgh Pa) and to date not a thing! Whats up with that? They throw up a hail Mary and I reply and nothing??? Any advice?

David W. Miller
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  4:37:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to check their website regularly and find great shops in my area. I did many different types and enjoyed them. Then they stopped showing up. I called to find out if I did something wrong or something and was told the shops were probably taken by others. I think they've changed, though, 'cause I'm not seeing any, EVER. I do get emails, but they seem to be only when they are desparate or in areas that I won't go to. If I do reply to an email, the shop has already been filled. I liked them when I shopped for them, but I haven't done anything in a long time. I don't check as often I as probably should anymore, because I feel like it's a waste of time when there is nothing there. I can't imagine that they lost all of the great clients that they had. Maybe they have a preferred list of shoppers and I'm being notified of leftovers. Oh well, I'm busy enough with other MSCs.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  9:55:06 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been seeing fewer and fewer and fewer jobs for them as time goes by. When I get offers, it's for jobs I don't like doing. Sometimes I click on the link in the email and it takes me to the website but it's logged in as someone else, not me. Now what's up with that?
Go to Top of Page

PaigeMiller

Columbia, South Carolina
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  9:58:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess since I'm a newbie I was never exposed to their self assign site. I always get e-mails about last minute shops and I did 2 shops for them, but they were compliance shops scheduled through Kern

Paige
Part-time shopper; shopping Columbia, SC and surrounding areas (happily un-certified).
Go to Top of Page

BeverBob
Valued Contributor

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  11:23:25 PM  Visit BeverBob's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They must be going through some sort of transition with schedulers and clients and appear a bit unorganized currently. Their central states scheduler is no longer with the company, since around the first of the year, but they still have his name on the web site. I called his phone extension one day and a company recording said that line was no longer in service. I also have a couple, "in process" shops from almost a month ago. I got quite a few shops, pre-Christmas, but only one so far this year.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

SaraB
Contributor

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  1:24:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was looking over my shop history, and reviewing the shops where I could tell that I was identified. As reference I have completed many obvious shops for Shop'n Chek where I was required to get 3 names on one, pretend that I need a new scanner every month with no shop rotation on another, or ask for business cards on another at every shop without being identified once.
This company outdoes obvious. ICCDS scenarios are as blunt as that company where you make the infamous phone call to a shipping/office supplies company and in the same call ask for a notary "now" and by the way you also happen to need a passport photo appointment...the rep always knows it's you.
The reason that ICCDS has obvious scenarios is their extremely low reimbursement, which keeps shoppers digging for the ugliest socks in bins after requesting help with high-end jackets, and their unreasonable in-store time requirements. For example, the shop for sweets in a small store for over twenty minutes. Like it takes 20 minutes to pick out a piece of candy that costs as much as those socks.
I think it's a questionable practice for any mystery shopping program to ask one shopper to make the phone call, try on shoes, go to a fitting room, go to the restroom, ask for a business card, and stay in the store for an hour, while not giving away their identity. Remember you are not supposed to engage with the associate or lead the conversation while you are browsing the store. The only way these ridiculous scenarios work is if you give the shopper enough to make a purchase that warrants the time in the store. That would be $20-30 at most of their high-end stores.
Can I speculate that most of us, pre-shop days, bought our socks at Target, REI, or a major department store, and doing so in these upscale shops is just the most bizarre purchase one can ask for?
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  2:49:59 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got socks coming out my ears because of ICC's shops. What is terrible is sometimes the reimbursement level is so low I can't even afford the cheapest possible pair of socks in the store.
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  09:28:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still don't see any available shops listed on their site. I even asked a scheduler about it, and he said they should be showing up. That's a bummer. I love their grocery client so much, and it's actually one of the places I normally shop for groceries on my own.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

PeninaD
Valued Contributor

Stroudsburg, PA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  5:53:36 PM  Send PeninaD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Recently had a scheduler tell me that for 500 shops in a month, $60 is all that was allocated as the bonus kitty for emergencies.
How is a scheduler to use that little bit?

Penina
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

JenNova
Contributor

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  8:50:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke with a scheduler and unfortunately the lost my favorite outdoor store but I guess they picked up socks instead. LOL
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  9:20:34 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JenNova

I spoke with a scheduler and unfortunately the lost my favorite outdoor store but I guess they picked up socks instead. LOL

they lost the outdoor store?
Go to Top of Page

FabiGerbaudo
Apprentice

Newark, NJ
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  07:06:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's funny, cause I was on the phone with one of the schedulers recently and actually asked about that. He said that they are still one of their clients but they are just taking a break from their MS and trying to reorganize their program and that they will probably be restarting it later in the year. I'm looking forward to that because I used to shop there every month.

Fabiana
Go to Top of Page

JenNova
Contributor

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  5:40:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ohh, if that is the case, that is awesome! I hope that is the case. I did not get as much details.
Go to Top of Page

Karen C
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  7:11:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any current feedback on ICCDS? I just signed up with them.

There are no shops currently available for me on the site,
but there were some interesting ones that had already been
taken.

Looking forward to a good association with this company.
Go to Top of Page

Jessica865
Contributor

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  05:38:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've shopped with ICC for about 5 years and never had a problem. They use paypal and are always prompt in payment. There are not many assignment in my area for them, however. Maybe one a month.
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  06:34:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Karen, I just completed a round of gym shops for them. I love them, they just don't always have work available.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums