Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: ICC/Decision Services (ICCDS)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  07:41:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area they have a few shops they do monthly. I like the music store, but others seem to grab it before me most months. I also love the chocolate store, but same thing there. The ones that hang around are either outside of the distance I will go (not very far) or require purchases on luxury leather goods that I avoid. I wish the system posted jobs instead of getting the email notice that you can select one (if you get there first), but they do pay really promptly. I wish their fees were higher. Even at the end of the month, when I get the emails begging for "help" to fill a shop, the fees seem to stay the same. I asked for bonuses or even parking, but got no where. So did not "help". But in general I like them.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  11:25:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them recently for the first time in several years, and was amazed to see that I had to print, sign and scan the invoice. I did it but complained and they told me "that's how the company works". Pretty stupid (and wasteful of paper/ink), if you ask me.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  08:56:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know about the printing costs and so forth, but personally I like it this way. Same with some other companies. Then I have a hard copy myself of what was agreed to be paid. Not that I have ever had any issue, but it is nice to have to file away. I know you should see the paperwork I have, but I just chuck it up to the cost of doing business. I found a great place I get ink for dirt cheap and the paper well I usually get that on a shop where it is being paid for anyway.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Arch Stanton

New York, New York
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  11:41:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a very good ms company. They, like most others, will allow you to fax instead of scanning since some of us don't have pc scanners or digital cameras. You just have to ask about faxing. No ms company has ever said no to me either...just ask !!!

Arch
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  4:25:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Um. You guys haven't seen the "email invoice" option?

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
261 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  5:41:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rachel B.

Um. You guys haven't seen the "email invoice" option?

I know you can email it to them. What I am complaining about is that you need to print it and sign it, then scan it and email it back to them. It's all a terrible waste. They've got the shop, they should be able to pay you without your having to waste time/paper/ink sending them an invoice that they already have on their system.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  11:58:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You go to the gym, work out, ask a question to the general or fitness manager. SO SIMPLE. I love these. And I'm getting some serious muscle definition.

I didn't realize PA had a new scheduler...but as I have mentioned before, in January I was able to self assign a bunch of shops. Now I can't. Several different people have told me that there was never a self assign option. I know this is not true. Even the other day, my mom told me that she self assigned a bunch of shops.

I don't know what is going on, but it is kinda aggravating.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

.Dee Shops
Inactive

HI
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  12:08:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rachel,
I can only self assign myself after I get an email telling me there is a shop available. Was yours different?

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  12:12:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
yes Rachel she's new

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  12:27:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot self assign no matter what. And I keep getting different information about it from different people.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  12:34:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to admit I do not understand this company. I've done about six jobs for them. When I first signed up there were a few shops I could self-assign and I did those. However, I receive emails occasionally that they have a shop that needs to be done urgently. It appears that have a slew of other clients not on the self-assign list that become available when the assigned shopper can't do it. I was able to grab one of these last second shops and now I can self-assign future ones for that one client. The forms are easy so I am happy to work for them but this seems an inefficient way of doing business.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  12:53:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I first started shopping with them, I would have my choice of shops on their website. Then about a year ago, no more appeared. It just says there are no shops in your area. Yet, I still get those URGENT emails especially for the grocery shops. They are ususally due the same day or shortly after. I find this annoying and wish they would go back to the way it used to be. I enjoyed their shops, and when I called once to find out why I wasn't seeing any new offers, I was told they must have been taken. I've not had any problems with them in the past & always completed shops timely.

I don't do any of these last minute assignments either. The few times I replied, they were already taken. It's a waste of my time to bother with them they way they offer shops now.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Sue 624

MI
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  04:18:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if others are experiencing the same thing as I and some posters here. I use to do 3-4 shops a month for ICCDS and haven't had a job offer in three months now. I got to point where I would accept the shops from a few of their clients and passed on the ones that did not interest me for the pay. Some times I got called for last minute shops even if I didn't fit usual demographics. Not sure what is going on here anybody else have a clue?

Susan
MSPA Gold Certified and Shopping since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  05:39:26 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still get several jobs from them a month. I generally get an email from someone telling me they have something available in my area. I've never tried to just self assign though.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Christina
Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  07:53:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard from this company in awhile and I'm wondering about others. I did several jobs for them the beginning of the summer and then nothing. I've always received an email telling me I had a job offer. I guess I have one of the schedulers that doesn't allow you to self-assign. When I log into their site it just tells me you have no current assignments available.

I'm just wondering if others are currently working for them or experiencing the same?

Chrissy in TX
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  08:11:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still get offers from them nearly every day. I nearly never take them, because the pay is stingy and the shops are detailed. They are self-assign.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  10:32:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They use to have some interesting merchandising jobs around here, but I haven't seen those in years.
Go to Top of Page

RBSawyer
Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  1:04:21 PM  Send RBSawyer an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy a couple of the jobs this client offers and think their forms are pretty simple. I don't bother with some of the more expensive purchase and return shops, though.

Robyn B Sawyer
Go to Top of Page

Patty Herbert
Contributor

IL
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  07:55:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too have not received payment for a shop done on august 12th and I get no response from my emails. I did this shop as a favor as they could not get anyone else to do it. Live and learn I guess.

Patty in Il
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  1:20:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a payment problem with them. Granted, it is not ALWAYS within 30 days, sometimes it has been about a week over. But it always shows up without me having to ask. I just tell myself it is *around* 30 days. Sometimes it even comes through sooner. I have worked with them for almost 3 years and this has always been the case.

Gold Certified in Central Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums