Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

JennaOH

OH
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  2:47:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With MyPoints®, you earn Points toward great rewards simply by reading email, shopping, touring web sites and more. And it's free!

Redeem your Points for air travel, fine dining, merchandise and more from great partners like Kmart, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Marriott, Macy's, Hollywood Video, and the Olive Garden.

Join now and earn up to 50 Points!

Jenna

Tim_WidowsMites
Administrator

Corvallis, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  01:08:55 AM  Visit Tim_WidowsMites's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The fastest way to earn MyPoints is to shop through them. They do have some free point opportunities, most of which come through Email. So be sure to sign up for those.

-Tim
Go to Top of Page

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  4:17:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done MyPoints for years now and have gotten several great gift certificates as well as a cd player.
If you shop online, go through their website and get a ton of points.

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  7:07:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are one of my favorites too I am getting close to a $100 gift card. I usually turn them in for a $50 one but am holding out for the big one.
Go to Top of Page

Jessica Hanson

MN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  05:28:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I absolutely LOVE MyPoints! For the past 3+ years I have been an active member. Their reward choices are great and I have always received rewards in less than two weeks once I have ordered them. That is fast service!
Go to Top of Page

HeatherJohnson

Burns, WY
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2003 :  1:35:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have gotten several Target Gift cards from MyPoints. I am holding out for a Macaroni Grill Gift Card this time. Shopping and referrals are the best way to earn points.

MSPA Silver Certified
Looking for shops in Cheyenne, Ft Collins & Denver.
Go to Top of Page

KJHashim

NY
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  1:33:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the program overall, but it is not as good as it used to be for those of us who don't shop much and rely on visiting sites and signing up for things. They used to give more points for things (e.g., it used to be commonly 10 points for visiting the site and 10 points for not visiting the site, now it is usually only 5 points for visiting the site, and no points or link for not visiting the site). They also used to have a credit card that would earn you 1 point per dollar spent, but now they have a new one that gives you 1 point per $2 spent. They also do not have enough useful larger dollar gift certificates. The only really useful gift certificates for me are the gas cards, and they come only in $10 cards. I like the product selection for milesource.com and memolink.com better (you can get gift certificates for Target and Wal-Mart for up to $100 denominations), but mypoints has much better turnaround time.
Go to Top of Page

KristenH
Star Contributor

Palm Springs, CA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2004 :  2:08:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a Mypoints member for years and love their program! I do all of my Christmas shopping through their site and get tons of bonus points (hint: use codes for free shipping from American Express and other credit cards which offer it as a perk). I transfer all of my points earned into Hilton Honors points or airline miles and get free hotel stays and/or upgrades or if I really spend some money, I transfer the points for free air miles and fly for free!

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  07:03:10 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree that they are terrific. I recently redeemed for a $50 Macy's gift card and received it within 2 weeks! Quite a different story from Memolink (going on 9 months, still waiting for prize, but that's a different thread....)

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Melanie_fromNC
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  9:31:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to this thread, I signed up with MyPoints today. I have a question: Has anyone downloaded the free software: "Point Alert"? It's supposed to alert you when you're on a website that's affiliated with MyPoints so you don't miss out on any points. It sounds great and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and if it works OK, etc. (I have an old computer and can't afford to take chances with downloads that cause problems.)
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  03:30:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Melanie_fromNC,

I downloaded the MyPoints 'Point Alert' software, and it worked really well for about 2 or 3 weeks, then I started getting error messages. It hasn't been a major problem, just a minor inconvenience.

Since you said your computer is 'old' (whatever that means), I wouldn't recommend downloading it. Besides, I didn't think it was really worth it, either. I didn't find it to be all that helpful, but I'm trying to limit my spending, too. If you (or anyone) spends a lot of money online, it might be worth it for you.

So far I've cashed in points once and received a $10 gas card, which I promptly used.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

GailGibbsYoung
Star Contributor

Salem, OR
USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  01:36:40 AM  Visit GailGibbsYoung's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too LOVE mypoints.com!

Signed up back in '98 and cashed my first batch of points in in 2000 for $200 worth of gift cards for Target! Ordered the reward the 2nd week of December, kicking myself for not ordering them sooner so I could use them for Christmas shopping. But, voila, within a week, by FEDEX overnight, I received my gift cards!! I was blown away by such thoughtfulness!

Now I am up to enough points to cast them in for $350. worth of Macy's gift cards!!! Not bad for basically 3 years of reading emails and shopping online. I now buy all my books, with free shipping, when I get a notice from MyPoints with a bonus. I also order all my Office Depot stuff (printer ink, paper, etc.) the same way, get the bonus, and can pick it up at the local store the same day.

I hate mailing gifts. Getting one wrapped and to the post office never seems to get done in my life. BUT, now I just order them online and have them shipped, often free, right to whom every I wish, and most places I wish.

It really is quite amazing how fast points can add up when you just alter your shopping habits slightly.

And NOW, !!!, you can book your travel through them and get points. Wish I had known that before I just booked my next trip to CA! Got the notice on it the next day. I plan to use this big time next spring when I go to Austria! Will also probably use it to get to NYC for the gold certification meeting in October.

At this rate I should hit 50K points before the end of the year.

MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED dejlg4
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

WA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2004 :  8:48:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mypoints is great. I have been a member for about 6 years. I don't shop online much with them as I have been shopping with ebates for the cash check or upromise for the money for college. I also have the mypoints credit card. In June I noticed I had not received any points for my credit card usage for quite a while. I checked my acct statements to discover I haven't received credit since Sept. of last year. Well I have emailed them 3-4 times and they are still working with citibank on the issue. They did give me 100 points for waiting.
Besides that issue they have been great. Just reading emails has gotten me many gift cards. It was better in the early years but is still worth your effort.

MSPA silver certified!

Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2004 :  9:22:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't received any emails from them for a month! Has anyone else had this problem? I haven't even received the monthly newsletter. I checked my account out tonight to see if my email was still correct and that all checked out fine. I guess I will have to email them and see what's up.
Go to Top of Page

PhyllisM
Valued Contributor

Las Vegas, NV
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2004 :  12:54:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have this same problem. In fact, I got worried so I turned in some points for a gift card and received it within 1 week. I also emailed My Points and did receive a response. It stated that if I reported their emails as spam for 3 times, then I was taken off the list to receive emails. I hope that I never inadvertently did this and do not think that I did. I haven't had the time, but I plan to email them again and try to get it straightened out.

Phyllis Monkiewicz
Go to Top of Page

GailGibbsYoung
Star Contributor

Salem, OR
USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  04:58:31 AM  Visit GailGibbsYoung's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is the best of the "read to earn" reward programs, 5 points per email, because you not only earn points from reading the emails, you also earn points when you shop online through their website. There choice of merchants and services includes practically every major store you can think of, Nordstrom, Sears, Penneys, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc., etc.!

Over the past 7 years I have earned enough for $200 in gift cards at Target which they sent to me via FEDEX since I ordered them close to Christmas!

Since then I have amassed another ton of points and now currently qualitfy for $400 in gift cards from Macy's, if I so choose!

This program does not have an MLM set up for refering new members, but you do get a 100 point bonus when a referal earns their first 60 points. New members still get the immediate 50 point bonus.

And I have reached the 50K point level since I last posted on this thread 9 months ago!

Go to Top of Page

AluaPaula

Minneapolis, MN
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  3:38:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know if the refer-a-friend program works or how long it generally takes to get points credited?

I referred a friend about a week ago and she signed up for enough points so that I would get points for referring her, only I havent received any points yet... None pending either.

I signed up for the free bizmags offer about 2-3 weeks ago and have not received points for this either. All other points I earned have been credited within a few days...

Silver certified- shopping Minneapolis, St Paul and surrounding area
Go to Top of Page

GailGibbsYoung
Star Contributor

Salem, OR
USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  4:44:59 PM  Visit GailGibbsYoung's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The mypoints.com refer a friend program points are added to your account when your referal has amassed their first 60 points. Since they get a 50 point bonus as soon as they sign up, it only takes them opening two emails worth the usual 5 points each, to reach this level. For some reason these points seem to be added only once a month.

I find email points, which they say will be awarded the next day, always seem to take a few days before they show up in my total points.

Most of the points I get by buying through their website usually take a minimum of 30 days to show up in my account.

You can keep track of all your points on the website by clicking on Account Statement. They even break it down for you by a monthly statement, weekly statement, and refer-a-friend status.

Woo Hoo!!! I am 7 points away from breaking 50K points!!!

Go to Top of Page

Lisa Fleck
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
367 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2005 :  09:07:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Love MyPoints! I've been doing them for a couple of years and always turn them in for a variety of $5 gift certificates and stock them up for gift giving to school bus drivers,teachers,grab bags at work.My son Paul rides a special needs bus and I give them to his super nice monitor. His monitor is 20 and he likes to collect the $5 ones to restaurants till he has enough to take his girl friend out.

Lisa
Shop till you drop!
Go to Top of Page

BKalb

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  08:12:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like Mypoints but it is really slow going if you don't buy a lot online.

Benjamin
Go to Top of Page

Melony
Contributor

Canal Winchester, OH
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  3:00:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have already gotten a Blockbuster $5 gift card from them! :)
I am on my way to getting another gift card for Walmart!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums