Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ellen Barnes

Harrisburg, Pa
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  5:58:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love My Points! I can never hold out very long and always opt for the $10 Starbucks gift cards for my hubby.

Ellen Barnes
Go to Top of Page

SarahH
Star Contributor

MI
USA
313 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  10:54:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been a member of MyPoints for about a year now and I like them. If you don't buy online- the points are slow to add up but I figure I might as well get the little perk for reading spam! (Otherwise i'm just reading it for free! BTW, they don't send alot of e-mail unless you opt to recieve it! )
Go to Top of Page

ScottNY
Star Contributor

NY
USA
686 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  2:47:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been a MyPoints member for years, continually clicking e-mails for free points. Every so often, there are some good deals that come along as well. I have redeemed points a couple times and had no problems. I checked yesterday and I now have enough to redeem for a $100 certificate! For eight times the points I have now, I can get a certificate for a Carnival Cruise. Hmm . . . get $100 for Sharper Image now, or wait a loooooooooooooooong time for a cruise? Decisions, decisions...

Also, they are in the process of redesigning their website. (It's currently down because they are loading the new website!) It should be nice, as the old website was up for a long, long time.

MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Kat_W

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  8:56:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do you know if an email is from MyPoints? I haven't figured out how to earn points, but I am set for email...

Thanks,
Kat
Go to Top of Page

GailGibbsYoung
Star Contributor

Salem, OR
USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  04:45:22 AM  Visit GailGibbsYoung's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kat,

The new website is up and if you update your profile, you get 100 points for completing it.

You earn points by reading emails that are sent based on your member profile, shopping online through their website, signing up for "free" trial memberships with a variety of service companies (just remeber to cancel these before the trial ends), and completing an occasional survey.

Regarding emails.....they come with a variety of email headers, but most include "mypoints" somewhere in the address. If you are using a spam blocker on your browser or email program, be sure to set up your "allowed" preferences to include MyPoints. Ditto for popups since some of their offers are on popups.

It's well worth always checking their site before you buy online. I have been doing this for years and just in the past 3 years, I have amassed enough points to get $500 in gift cards for Macy's!

MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED dejlg4
Go to Top of Page

DianeJones

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  05:07:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love mypoints.com .

I have been w/them for 7 years.

They have been consistent and always sends my rewards within 2 weeks.

I always check with them before buying anything because points add up fast.
Go to Top of Page

LauraM
Apprentice

New Orleans, LA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  09:13:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a GREAT program!!! I use it when I would normally buy something, (along with one of my credit cards that gives out points - I get double rewards!!!) I jsut received a $50.00gift card to Bloomingdales!!!
Go to Top of Page

SharonMc1961
Valued Contributor

Athens, TN
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  06:36:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately for some of us it's not so great. My sister and I signed up at the advice of some relatives. I got a letter banning me and my sister got one claiming she was me. Since I hadn't been there before I don't know what the reason is and they don't even want to let me know what their reasons are. It must have went down hill from what everyone has bragged about here and on eopinions.com

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Tina3
Valued Contributor

Indiana
USA
103 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  9:05:38 PM  Visit Tina3's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had a problem with them. I always cash out for $10 Shell gc. Not that $10 buys much gas nowadays. LOL With the new surveys, I accumulate points even quicker.
Go to Top of Page

JenF66
Star Contributor

Hooksett, NH
USA
254 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  1:17:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I usually redeem for one of the $25 gift cards...either to a restaurant or bookstore. I use the book store ones for gifts to others. It certainly helps save on my chirstmas bills. Typically I manage to to get around $100 to $150 in gift cards a year with them. I do shop online through them though (at Christmas time) and that does help rack up the points.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  4:32:10 PM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love mypoints. I don't do much shopping through them, but I've still managed to get quite a few gift cards and such just for clicking through the e-mails. I imagine I'd really rake in the points if I remembered to shop through them!
Go to Top of Page

Tara in Utah

Utah
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  7:22:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have liked Mypoints in the past because it's been easy for me to rack up points. However, I've applied for the Blockbuster card twice and it has still never been sent. But they do put the points back on my account. That's the only problem I've had. Oh well - it'll help me save up for the hotel gift certificates - right?
Go to Top of Page

g8r_Michelle
Contributor

Panama City, FL
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  2:49:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been a Mypoints member for over 2 years. I've lost count how many gift cards I've earned. They have totaled over $500 and I'm less than 100 points (10-15 e-mails) from another $100 gift card!! If you have to get office supplies frequently, this is the way to go! There are so many ways to earn points with them without getting a mail box full of spam. These people are one of the good guys!

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  1:31:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I like these promotional companies that give you points for what you buy so that you can get gift cards.

Over the years (probably 8 years) and many companies (including Free Ride, Memolink (which are both scams)), My Points has always treated me well.

Best rewards program, hands down.
Go to Top of Page

Cheree
Star Contributor

Olathe, Kansas
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  2:05:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with them for about 3 years, and I still haven't been able to get enough points for anything. I am opted in for emails, but I don't receive any. Fortunately, I can live without it.

Cheree
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  10:07:02 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love mypoints, have been a member for four or five years and have gotten so many gift cards I can't even count. To increase the number of emails you get, put that you are interested in everything and you get a lot more. I usually get at least five to ten a day.

If you purchase anything online, the points accumulate alot faster, but you can still get quite a bit without buying anything.

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

KarenCan
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  8:49:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love mypoints to. I have received lots of gift cards too. The cards come fast, maybe because they are in IL, I usually get mine in a few days.

Karen

Shopping-Chicago, IL
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Coldie

Woodbridge, VA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  04:49:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with MyPoints since 1999 or so. I've cashed out for Target Gift cards, Restaurant gift cards, Bath & Body Works Cards and more. I've got over 11,000 points now that I'm not sure what I'll trade in for. And they send you the cards really quick!
I love MyPoints and highly recommend them.

Coldie
Go to Top of Page

IBenjamin
Apprentice

Oakland, CA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  5:29:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a big fan of MyPoints - I use them every time I buy something online, I even get my parents to use my account to buy stuff. I've gotten probably about $50 worth of gift certificates already, and I've only been a member for 6 months or so. It works, but only if you actually use the links when you make purchases. I don't do offers, they result in too much spam and junk mail. But I do surveys - They tend to be short and give you some kind of reward even when you don't qualify for them.

Isaiah
Go to Top of Page

Nita126

Atlanta, GA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  10:46:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get 10-50 points a pop for surveys. I can get about $10 a month in gift cards. Obviously if you buy through them, you earn more points. The cards come in about 4-6 weeks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums