Page: of 3

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  2:22:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandyN

How did it go this week? I know it may be a bit soon to tell how it will work for you but Ive been thinking about you this week!! I sure hope it went well for you. Keep me posted.
Go to Top of Page

.Hamby
Inactive

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  3:44:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

I just took a position with this company and they sound great. I have been reading your reviews and as a rookie just starting training would love any and all pointers, advise and ways to make the job go smoother, faster and do a great job.

Thank you in advance for any help and thank you for the post so far they helped me decide to take this position.

Cass
Go to Top of Page

TraciC

PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  8:41:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy working for this company. I have worked for them since December. Now that sunglasses season is starting to get into motion, things are certainly taking more time, but It is a nice job to have. The people are great to work with. I just wish that the customers were not such idiots. How hard is it to at least put the glasses back into the panel with the same color tag? I am not picky, I don't even care if it is in the wrong slot, just at least put it with the same type of tag.

Traci
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  10:16:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they have a website to apply?

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1017 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  2:22:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RebeccaS

Do they have a website to apply?
http://www.rmsservicing.com/ - there is a link to view locations available and a link to contact them to apply for positions.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  3:56:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, the website is http://www.rmservicing.com/ (one s). Thanks for the link, Juanita!

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  4:08:12 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Am I right that they only do Targets?

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  7:13:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would really like to get on with them, but they never have any openings in my area. I will just have to keep checking there website on a regular basis. I have heard good things about this company.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

MaddieHarrison

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  11:57:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted today about a job with RMS. What type of jobs do they do? She said only Targets working the sunglasses. She also said something about getting a grade each week from Target.

Maddie
Go to Top of Page

KathyWI
Apprentice

Onalaska, WI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  7:51:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maddie.....RMS is a great company to work for! I have been with them for 13 years

Yes, they only do work in Target stores servicing the sunglasses. They also have what they call "one time services" in Targets where you complete small merchandising jobs for other companies. The scoring part is what Target calls a "vendor scorecard". You are scored each week on how well you completed your job and communicated with store personnel.

Payroll is every 2 weeks and they always have paid on time.

Kathy
Retail Merchandiser/Central Wisconsin - 20 yrs
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

CA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  3:47:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted by them in December and accepted the sunglass position. I get an envelope almost daily with add on jobs. I am still waiting for training then I am ready to get started. Looks like 4 hours once a week now but they said it goes to 2 times a week in March for 3 hours each day. I don't know who is turning down work these days but I am not. There are 4 Target/Super Targets in my area but 1 store is all for me right now. Really nice people. I even got a Christmas card from them!!!

MSPA silver certified!
Breast cancer survivor
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  11:04:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback? I worked for them last summer and enjoyed the work but had to quit. I was just hired back this week and sounds like it will be the same jobs. Anything new with the company. I am really looking forward to picking up the 4 plus hours a week.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  8:31:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy Friday all! Just wondering how people still like working for this company. My wife is training for 6 hours next Friday. Everyone seems really nice that she has talked to so far. TIA!

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2009 :  06:10:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nice, steady work from them - all in Target. They often have additional one time projects in all areas of the store, especially electronics. Pay is always on time (with direct deposit) and their office staff is very easy to work with on issues.
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  9:15:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My wife had training today. The trainer has been with the company for 15 years and worked as a DM. Super nice lady is what my wife said. Sunglasses take a little getting used to. She was helpful and treated my wife in a great and friendly manner. She gets started next week and hopes that there will be more work in the future. PLus direct deposit! That is great. With this and the magazine training she had this week, she is tired but glad to have some regular route work.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  7:36:33 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their website lists about a half dozen states with openings. It says they only keep application information for 90 days.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

CA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  8:04:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for RMS for over a year. It is a super company to work for. Very well paid for work. I average around 16-19 dollars and hour for my work weekly. Paid by the job. It is usually very fair. Not many job openings because there is very low turnover.

MSPA silver certified!
Breast cancer survivor
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2011 :  05:54:35 AM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was curious if anyone could give more recent feedback. From their career website it looks like their sole contract exists with the Target Corporation. I'm assuming sunglasses, right? Did LMS loose the contract or does Target have it split up depending on the market?

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  5:34:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LMS does Jewelry.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2011 :  8:30:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been 9 months since the last post. Is this still a good company to work for? is the pay still per panel for the sunglasses? Or per job? Thanks in advance.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums