Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Virginia_D
Valued Contributor

Lubbock, TX
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  05:27:50 AM  Visit Virginia_D's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone donated an old computer for our Sunday School Program. It's an old public school computer running windows 2000.

It does have a USB port, but when I went to plug in my jump drive yeserday, it didn't recognize it. I thought jump drives were supposed to be "plug and play" It kept asking for a driver.

Where can I find a driver for jump drives? The next problem is that this computer does not have interet access. I could burn it on a cd, but I know some older computers don't recognize r/w cd's. My computer at home has usb ports, and I use jump drives to transfer all my data back and fort.

Thanks for any help

Virginia

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  6:29:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First you need to go the drive's manufacturer's web site to see if the drive is compatible with Win 2000---Most are. One jump may be compatible while another is not. I run XP on my computers but I have a relatively new jump drive that does not want to work on one of the computers.
Jump drives have really come down in price and are available everywhere.
Here is a Lexar drive site
http://www.lexar.com/drivers/index.html

what jump drive do you have??

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.
Go to Top of Page

Virginia_D
Valued Contributor

Lubbock, TX
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  10:41:25 PM  Visit Virginia_D's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
One is Lexar and I don't remember off the top of my head what brand the other one is.

The problem is that I don't have internet access on this particular computer. It would be a MAJOR pain to get it to a location with internet access.

Virginia
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  06:08:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would try using a computer with internet access and see if you can download any drivers from the manufacturer website. Don't put them on the jump drive though, if it can't read it yet!

Put them on a floppy or a CD, and try to transfer them to the older machine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Follow Volition.com on Facebook.
click here

Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums