Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

CherylH
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  4:42:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you know if "gift cards" at grocery stores, ie: (restaurant, hotel, phone cards, video stores etc..) are reset by a merchandising company or do the store employees do their own resets? The "gift cards" are usually on an endcap and then you take them to the register to pay the printed value. I haven't been able to find any info on these "gift cards"

Jeano7
Contributor

Virginia
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  5:46:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I reset gift cards at Food Lions a year or two ago for Certified, but the store is usually supposed to do the reordering-they have a phone number they are supposed to call.

Jeanette
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3120 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  2:13:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At Walmart I have seen an employee do it a couple of months ago. But those stands are often empty, especially for the more popular places.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  5:49:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Merchandising Solutions Group was doing them in Kroger/Fred Meyers
last year. I was hired to do them in Fred Meyers, but the stores in my area were always being put on hold,(Idaho/Oregon) so never did do any work for them.
There website is:
www.merchandisingsol.com

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Heather Burnette2
Star Contributor

Spring Hope, NC
USA
340 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  03:02:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheryl,
You LIKE those?? They hurt my fingers! and trying to line up all those cards to go on the hanger... I hate it. I did it for certified a while back but have not seen any lately.

Burnette
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  9:48:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done those for Certified before and I loved them.I had a whole string of stores just in time for the holidays.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

Patty-Recruiter
Valued Contributor

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  03:31:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue AC

Merchandising Solutions Group was doing them in Kroger/Fred Meyers
last year.
They still are in Kroger stores.
www.merchandisingsol.com
Job descritpion as follows:
Focus on setting all racks to plan o gram. New Top signage (One Stop Gift Card Shop) graphics for End caps, Category signs (Travel, New for Season) and Topper signs are being sent to your stores. Labeled "HOLD FOR MERCHANDISING REP"Ask the Drug GM/Store manager to locate these for you. No changes on the 2x2, 4x4 signs.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in FL

Welllington, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  12:55:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So are these really easy assignments? I am tempted to sign up for several in my area that are described as "ensure the store’s prepaid card displays located throughout the store are set to Planogram." I signed up for just one so far, and I didn't want to bite off more than I can handle. I've never done Merchandising jobs, just Mystery Shopping jobs. Any input would be great! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Jeano7
Contributor

Virginia
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  1:34:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Those sound like Certified jobs. They are easy.

Jeanette
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  1:39:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did some in Staples with NIS.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in FL

Welllington, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  2:06:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Jeano, they're Certified. So do they really take a whole hour, or is it just depending on the location?
Go to Top of Page

Jeano7
Contributor

Virginia
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  2:46:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If the stand is already set and all you have to do is check and place tags or inventory, 10-15 minutes is all it takes.

Jeanette
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in FL

Welllington, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  2:54:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help! I just signed up for a few more in the same area.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  5:06:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, these sound great. I can't find them in my area for Certified. Wish I could.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  7:07:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call about doing a gift card audit and/or cut in tonight and will be doing one around May 1.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in FL

Welllington, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  07:27:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE - UGH!!! I signed up for 3 of these. The first 2 took over 2 hours each, the last one around an hour and 15 minutes. Ok, I'll chalk the first one up to it being my first time, and not really being familiar with the planograms. The second one hadn't been maintained since right after the holidays, since they still had the gift box tins and snowflake themed cards still on the racks. The rack was located in the front of the store, right near one of the childrens' toy machines, and one little boy actually asked me if I needed help!

Would I do them again? Maybe if they were the same stores that I just did, so I know they are relatively up to date.
Go to Top of Page

LisaCrn

VA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  7:18:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do this periodically in Food Lions. I like it!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Tab_Lynn
Apprentice

Upper Marlboro, MD
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2008 :  7:59:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did some of the pre-paid phone cards, but they included the phone accessories too. They were all in grocery stores. It was one of the most unorganized projects I've ever seen (even the help contact I talked to was sarcastic about her "favorite" project. The type of display info received was usually incorrect. Every one of them took hours longer than it was supposed to. Granted, it got easier as I did more, but it still took much longer than they thought. I don't know if I'd do them again.

Tab_Lynn
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  04:08:52 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone share which companies do gift card resets? I'd love to try one but I've never seen one listed before.

Thanks

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Heather Burnette2
Star Contributor

Spring Hope, NC
USA
340 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  1:47:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the which company is handling the gift card endcaps in FL. I'm working in the store for another company and really don't want to ask anyone there b/c it'll appear that I am unhappy with my current job with said company when really I am just looking extra work. I don't want to make them look bad.

Burnette
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  10:09:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My FLs have all new endcaps with gift cards, phones & phone cards but I think they did their own. Too bad because I would've loved the opportunity to do tham. It must have taken several hrs. I service the phones & phone cards & heard nothing about it. Found out when I went looking for the phones this week. That is why I think they did their own.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums