Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 How much can you expect to make doing merchandising?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  04:47:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am thinking now that I have more time I would do this more than mystery shopping. If I would do merchandising instead of getting an 9-5 full time job how much can I expect to make a month? I dont need insurance.

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  6:08:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It depends on how many companies you work for.If you work for that company that does Lowes then I understand it is 40 hours aweek and they pay around $12 an hour. I used to know a person that worked for them. I work for 3 companies that have weekly work, and 3 that only do monthly or twice monthly jobs. Some weeks I work 40+ hours other weeks I work 15-20 hours. I have made as little as $500 in a month and up to $3800 in a month, it just depends on the work and hours.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  6:38:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wow 3800 a month. I am hoping to do that and mystery shoppping and make 1500 a month and wondered if I would be able to.Right now I am only signed up with one compan, but hope to get more. How long have you been doing this? I am learning. How long did it take to get merchandising steady calling you? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  6:54:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MaryKay I began with NARMS and the Volition company list and worked at finding work like it was a job.I first weeded out the companies that didnot have work in my region.Anything that I was willing to try I applied. I listed that company in a notebook so I wouldn't reapply.I have had great successes and great failures as well.I consider it as a learning experience and I have gained experience along the way.It is hard work sometimes and some travel maybe required in order for you to achieve your earnings goal.Best of luck to you!

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  5:27:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a merchandiser for 14 years now. I got my first job with Huffy service first. I was in the employment office with my cousin waiting for him and was looking at the job boards while waiting for him. At the time I had my own retail business, but applied and got hired. At the time huffy would not allow you to work for other companies at the same time.I worked for them for 4 years and in that time had closed my store and was looking for a new company to work for as huffy was falling off on work. In a store I was servicing another merchandiser asked me if I was looking for additional work, I just went from there. I quit Huffy and went to work for them, a merchandiser told me about NARMS so I signed up there. I get a lot of one time jobs(mainnly resets) from comapnies calling me from the Narms site. I also would check the vendor sign in book pages and write down names and numbers of companies from their sign in sheets and put in apps. Have also gotten a lot of one time jobs that way. I worked for 7 companies at one time but over the years they have gone bankrupt or longer do work in my state for one reason or another.
I recommand going to Narms and Volition and go thru the list and check what companies service your state/area, read what they do resets,pop placement,audits,etc. and fill out apps. or send your resume to them.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  5:51:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am signed in on narm and I check them and this daily. I am getting work here and there mostly one time jobs. I did also get a weekly job also. I like this kind of work but still new at it.I read all the comments here and apply at theses companies that you all talk about. Thank you all so much
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  8:36:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How Sue explained is how I got started as well. At first (For Me that is) I couldnt hardly make any money at it just b/c of having no expericance. I finally got on with a company through my mom that was working for them and then I kept applying and a few new companies here and there for many years, all I made was about $300 - $500 per mth, and I tell ya what those little companies that have a once a mth job that is like a $10.00 job, well I took those to and what I found out was by keeping them kept a door open b/c I got alot of referrals from those companies and got better paying jobs, I still take the once a mth jobs for that reason, they all network with each other and once you have built up a reputation in your area (which I have after 14 yrs) they get to know your name and they call on you, once that happens it kinda snowballs. Most of my jobs I got they have called me not the other way around. I average $3000 a mth now, full time. You can make this a little or as big as you want it but it all depends. But one thing is dont expect to go in and make $3000 or for that matter $1500 a mth, unless you get lucky. You have to ease your way into it to make money. At least that has been my expericance in my area. Of course if you live in a major area then it is easier to make more money faster, I live in a good size area but not major and I travel an hour out each way to make money as well.

best of luck,

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  02:46:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not relize that they net work with each other. So if I do a wkly shop which I am doing now with one company and I do a good job they might tell another company about me? This one job that I work for she did tell her partner in the same company that was in need of a worker about me and now I am doing another job in the same company. But I didnt know that this one company might tell a different company about me. I like doing this and being my own boss taking what I want to do when I want to. I also just took another one time job an hour away but they are paying me mileage.
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  4:05:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My managers all seem know each other and they are all over the country.
I've had job offers where the person calling will tell me they got my name and number from ______manager at_____. And that they recommanded me, especially if it is for a store I am already servicing. And it is really nice when they tell that person that the store likes you.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  7:23:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had almost the same experience. When i first started (about 8 months ago)i put my profile on a mystery shopping site and started applying at different companies listed, but found the pay too low for the amount of work. I did research on the web and using the BBB to check out companies I found Narms and put my profile there. It took awhile, but now i have 5 companies i work for. I'm letting one go because the pay is too low. I'm getting 3 to 4 dollars per hour more from other companies and the DM's are alot nicer to deal with. I have new companies calling at least 5 times or more a month. I also use the forum here and see which companies list that they like working for. That has helped me to weed out companies when they call.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums