Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  10:49:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With the jewely re-ticketing it's a big job, it's best to group the jewelry by earrings-necklaces-braclets-.... Then group same styles together by the item number WORKING ONE GROUP AT A TIME. They're either for the cards or boxed which ever you have them with you with the new price stickers and any other stickers you may need.
The best way is to get each style one by one and check for the style number on the NEW STICKERS. These should follow by style number seqience..lowest-highest, sent this way already. If you match it fix the new card/box and place the item on it throwing the old card/box away. You'll just keep doing this for each style, in groups.

I was sent 3 boxes for each store Fashion A. Fashion B and Replenishment A or B. Replenishment first, starting with the cards then the boxes, then Fashion B, last the smallest box Fashion A.

I also have prepared the boxes by folding and placing the inserts for jewelry,for the first store. You may not need them all, save for the next store and prepare more boxes for the next. This time maybe included as work time.

I found it more time consumming looking for the jewelry if you went by the pictures. You'll be lookng and looking all over for it and it may not even be at your store or sold out. I've used a partner or I worked one store by myself for two days. On these two day I waisted time going by the pictures, on the second day it was so much faster just by going through the new price stickers for the item numbers.

I know Driveline is working on this project, but I'm working for Mass Pro, I'm very lucky. It should take about 8 hrs each store, I was emailed, wish us luck. Many style you won't have, if it not there don't look for it, just keep on going, at the end you'll verify for missing items or jewelry...at this time is when you're double checking....You'll see soon you're finished......Not bad worth the MONEY...

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  10:23:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was asked to work a Wal Mart re-set the day before the scheduled date. There were only three of us, given 240 mins ea. to complete, total time 720 mins.

The only way we've always completed these in time is by having additional help from Wal Mart Dept Manager/store associate working with us through out the re-set or a Frito Lay guys would be there working assisting and anwering questions. They work super fast, know the product and have the experience stocking every day. Without them we would not have finished in time.

On this day there was only 3 of us working a small re-set, total time 720 mins. We could not have finished on time, The team lead was stressed, almost yelling to hurry on put product on shelves following POG.

We had baskets and baskets full of merchandised removed from shelf, some would not be placed back and over stock. We needed it boxed and removed, Team Lead did not care about this, she was stressed to finish POG and place merchandise to new POG. I walked away and spoke with an Asst. Store Manager and asked for assisting in boxing that merchandise in correct boxes, the one given to us were not good. Team Lead insisted in using them, but from my experience better ones were used at other stores. I asked for Dept Manager/Assist Manager to assist us in boxing this product not going back on POG, we were short on scheduled time, given only 4 hrs. He sent 3-4 people to help us and they even scanned the product to know which to box and which to leave. Aisle was cleared in 5-10 mins. While they were helping the Team Lead was still almost yelling to hurry and place merchandise on shelves because we did not have addtional time and needed to be finished.

We weren't going to finish it in time and she called the District Manager. We were told no additional time no matter what, the three of us had to finish it in 240 mins each. I left after 5 1/2 hrs I had other work to do and we were working without pay by this time. She was still placing the shelf tags on and checking POG when I left. I beleive she stayed another 2 hrs after I left, without pay.

This Team Lead worked a previous Wal Mart re-set with her husand, I was not scheduled for it. She had an issue with the Store Manager about being a flip-over store or not. She remembered it was, Manager said it wasn't. She followed the Manager's request, not a flip store.
Also scheduled for 240 mins without additional time, re-set took longer without the help of Dept Manger or the Frito Lay guys. Worked another 2-3 hours without pay. Then the Frito Lay guy arrived to stock up and check the POG. It had to done over,Store Manager was wrong, POG should have been for a flip store. She stayed another 7 hrs with Frito Lay guys redoing the re-set and they were very mad at her all this time working without pay after the 240 mins.
How could this be, we aren't allowed additional time? We're employees not contracted and we can't log in total time worked because it's not approved by District Manager.
The Team Lead worked the previous Wal Mart 12hrs and over and only paid for 4 hrs. This second Wal Mart work additional 2-4 hrs and not paid for it.
I didn't enter my report till Saterday, I wanted to be paid the extra 2 hrs owed to me, it isn't right not to be paid. I logged in the 240 mins scheduled only since I didn't speak to her about it and report needed to be enter.

Our next Wal Mart is Monday and no body is happy. Having us work this way is going to cause Driveline some problems. I can't beleive this is realy happening to us...it is.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  11:35:26 AM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary, I think her first mistake was not pulling disc. product & getting rid of it. We have never had a dept. mngr. work w/ us. Frito Lay & Snyder always have DSL or rep. present. That other store should have just been rescheduled altogether. What really bothers me is not getting paid. If she called all this in & explained the situation, then someone somewhere should have coughed up some money. DL gets fined when we don't show up; so it should hold true across the board! I wouild have refused untill they got their ducks in a row!!

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  2:39:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,
send me a private email... let me see what I can find out from my contact.

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  2:59:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i agree with Mary, we don't work for nothing........ and DL does not want you to... the DSL for FL should be there, and Mission, and Snyder will ask FL how much space they receive, this is all set by Wally, and FL, we are just there to help...
do not, and I repeat do not, let your team lead insult you, there should never be any yelling in any stores, at any given time, if there is, call it in to FS....
do you remember how many feet this reset was?...

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  05:13:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has any one else noticed the decrease in work for Driveline? Plans scheduled have really been decreasing for the last several months. I have nothing on my schedule page right now. And when I am working its only been a couple hours every other week for the last several months. I wonder if they are losing accounts? Usually at least we had sunglass or jewelry jobs. Now they are far and few between.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  07:47:17 AM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary! Things are pretty steady here. You don't have a BC? I haven't serviced Jewerly 4 over a year. Do glasses every mth. though. I do have 1 wk. w/ nothing on it. I wound up scheduling JCP that wk. Debating if I wanna do a new store set. 20 hrs.worth of POG's. ughh Narms has been listing a good bit here Do yall not have any Lowes projects going on out there?

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  6:05:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't, but then again I actually just moved and am getting settled in here, before contacting my former manager and letting her know it's alright to go ahead and transfer me to this area.
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  6:56:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
alice,
new store sets are not bad as long as you have about 4 or five people to help you with it... That is what I was trying to tell you last nite, but my fingures would bit type the rite way...
someone can come here and do my work, I'm Tired.......

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  6:59:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
good to see you back Gretta, hope the move went well?

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  8:30:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My manager hired a new merchandiser and took some of my stores away from me. This month the only job I've had is cards at F$.,so far for July that is it also. I used to have at least 10 hours a week from them, now I'm done to 1 hour every 2 weeks.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  8:51:44 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Gretta! I see you got settled ok. Are you still w/ NAM? I saw where they were hiring an AM for the eastern area. From what I understand, it'll be split w/ Ruth. Anyway, it's good to see u back. Sharron; Pat Henery group sent me an email for that DG set. There will be a team also. Never done 1 like that before. I don't mind POG's that much, But when it comes to those cosmetics pegs......oiu! Have to go up another Diop. in glasses. LOL Hope every1 is making money. Mary I saw a listing today for Bay area. Not sure how far you are. Any1 do any work for Force One? Received paper work from them in awful condition. From what I can tell, it doesn't look like I got all materials. I'm calling in the morning to chek it out but was wondering if they just send you jobs out of the blue.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  11:02:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharron, Alice, thank you both. I'm still recovering from the move. That wiped me out, esp with how hot it's been. Yes I'm still with NAM, I have a different manager out here whom I've talked with on a couple of occasions and will be letting her know probably next week that I'm ready to start working again. Next week is also my plan to let Robin know to go ahead and transfer me out here. I'm now on the coast. I also work for Force One. I have no idea which job you're referring to. I'm actually doing a job out here for them putting coupons on pickles at HT.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  11:45:54 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta, thats the job they sent me. The way I read it, there should be 2 different items in envolope. I only have 55cent IRC's. What are Day Glows? Instructions say place IRC's around neck of jars & center of Pickle pacs.Then Day Glows on clear glass surface of Mt. Olive product. Do they always just send jobs out of the blue? Am I suppose to call in when I get to the store? I've only done 1 other job for this company & John Gooding told me to just fax all info from that job to him. It's been HOTTT here 2. I worked 13 hrs in that heat last Monday. FUN....... Glad it wasn't cart wk. I wish I could work under Robin 2. She's a great DM!

Alice
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  11:48:15 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta I just noticed you're still listed as Mooresville....

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  08:26:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ladies,
glad to see your doing ok, gretta...
Alice, sorry I was preoccupied the other nite on facebook,
I am losing my mom, and I a fixing to take time off to spend with her....
may God Bless you all, and I will talk to ya when aI get back.

Sharron
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  09:08:52 AM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharron, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I'll say a prayer for you & your family.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  11:49:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know how to change my location on here.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  12:40:07 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta; when you log in click on your name & edit profile.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  3:44:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums