Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2010 :  7:36:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Alice. We did, hope you did also. I've started working for Market Connect Group, they do a lot of work (it seems most of their work) in Belk, Sears, and JC Penny's. The pay also isn't too bad. They do require pictures for pretty much everything. It took a little time to get used to a couple of their regular jobs, but I really like the work. It's mostly merchandising. I think they do some demos mostly in Bed Bath and Beyond.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  7:25:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's official. The Dollar General managers got emails yesterday telling them that the Gallant greeting assignments will now be handled by American Greetings reps. There are no posted assignments for American Greetings in my state.

I still haven't heard anything new about HDA books.

Isn't it interesting that everyone seems to know something except us, the people doing the work?

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  05:28:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandraG
I saw that job posted on Craigslist...........maybe you want to apply..........

Mary
Go to Top of Page

PTDBell

Florence, SC
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  05:56:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"It's official. The Dollar General managers got emails yesterday telling them that the Gallant greeting assignments will now be handled by American Greetings reps. There are no posted assignments for American Greetings in my state."

Tell me about it! I even emailed my boss hoping she would have developed some people skills and tell me flat out but of course she has ignored my emails and is only around if you are willing to help her out if she is over booked with stores.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  06:07:53 AM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We share the same DM & you've got it exactly right! By the way; I used to live there. It has really changed thru the years. Do you still have the GangPlank Seafood restaurant? I remember going in the Treasure room after dinner. Great food!

Alice
Go to Top of Page

PTDBell

Florence, SC
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  06:38:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ha Ha! Nope, it is still there but is called Shuckers and it has been neglected.

Sandra G., For Part-time merchandising opportunities Nationwide click the Merchandiser Application box under careers at american Greetings website. It is just a general blanket application. I was also told that AG will on service DG's twice a month. HTH:)

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  6:56:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I've already applied for part-time merchandiser with them, but they didn't have anything posted near me.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  10:06:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has any one done the book display for Food 4 Less grocery stores? We're given 60mins then if we have do the display set-up we're to call the Help Desk and inform them for additional time. I wonder how much time is given if it's already set and pictures are taken because I enter the report and picture it then tells me to call my District Manager to enter my payroll time.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sherry from MD

Mechanicsville, MD
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  1:04:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone do the sunglasses/jewlery in Kohls stores?
I am new with this company and was assigned this in my area.
The details of the job says to go to plano link to print your pog for your store . But I dont know where to find that. I emailed my dm but she wouldnt respond.. Does anyone know where to find the pogs??

TIA
Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  1:53:28 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sherry & welcome to the family. When you pull up the worksheet, look on the left column. The Plano # is blue. Clickon that & it will list the POG's. Have a great Day!

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Sue24

Michigan
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  1:56:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When you log in go to that work order and hit enter, when the page comes up look to the left and you will see plano, click that and it will bring up your plaogram. Hope this helps!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

Sherry from MD

Mechanicsville, MD
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  2:01:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow cant believe I didnt see that
thanks so much!! And ty for the warm welcome :)

Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Sherry from MD

Mechanicsville, MD
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  2:25:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for responding :) I was getting nervous as these are due this friday!!
Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  5:18:50 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're welcome & good luck!

Alice
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  12:29:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey,

Just spoke with manager for my area. She is looking for a buddy rep.... what exactly is that?

Thanks in advance
Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  2:30:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a person (usually someones buddy) who helps with reset work.... They do not usually do the regular merchandising, only reset help when needed

quote]Originally posted by BrandyB75

Hey,

Just spoke with manager for my area. She is looking for a buddy rep.... what exactly is that?

Thanks in advance
Brandy
[/quote]

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  8:11:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So is the pay still 9 an hr.? Was thinking of applying again,but it was soo low and when i had resets to do i was the only one who showed up. Did the job of 4 people but only got paid for 1 and had to get it done in 4 hours or less,no drive time and no mileage. Plus the resets were usually and hour away or more.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  9:21:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DL starts out everybody at $8 an hour.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  4:19:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They started me at $8.50 and I basically have no experience in this field. They also pay drive time and mileage over 15 miles, I believe.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  5:48:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a store that is 20 miles one way and I don't get mileage. When I was hired I was told mileage/travel time was only paid on very rare occassions. In the 6 years I've been with DL I only got paid mileage 1x and that store was 50 miles one way and it was only a 1 time visit.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums