Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  6:28:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mileage is only payable after 30 miles one way... this was in an email I received from my DM when I worked for Driveline....

"Driveline policy has always been that reps can be assigned anything within a 30 mile one way communte as that is Federal Govt guideline."

Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  6:52:00 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
40 miles in NC.then milage kicks in. starting pay is 8.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  7:14:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by APerreault

40 miles in NC.then milage kicks in. starting pay is 8.

Dang, that is minimum wage here in CA. You can get that working at McDonalds and a Happy meal. lol
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  05:59:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received $9.00 when I started and still am there. I inquired a couple of times a few months ago and got no answer. I understood at the time I was hired that I'd get a raise after a year but it didn't happen. A more experienced Driveline merchandiser told me that raises are usually .25 an hour. I don't know what she makes. Except for those on-call assignments with Certified/Market Force, $9.00 is the lowest I get. Since I have so many hours with Driveline, it'd be nice to be rewarded in the paycheck.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  10:22:21 AM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandra, starting the first of last yr. they cut out our bonuses. But I did get my yr. raise. I'm due again, but haven't received it yet. I guess your cost of living is higher there. I made more in milage last yr.for 1 Frito reset than actual work. Just found out got huge reset coming up in FD.IN N.C. I hope every1 is enjoying their day.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  2:13:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been setting up sunglasses in Dept. stores this month.........things have not been going well. The stores are saying they haven't received the glasses but when I go in to check.......I find the glasses. But then they do not have the fixtures. And the problems keep going on and on. The new reporting system stinks, I'm not sure I'm being paid for all the time I am putting into these Plan's and stores!
Anybody else having problems with setting up sunglasses?

Mary

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  6:17:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alice, I doubt that the cost of living is higher here. We aren't as happy with prices going up on goods like in other parts of the country. We usually have lower gasoline. There is no state sales tax. We have to pay for lots of air conditioning but little winter heating.

I remember there being talk about bonuses. I'm not sure that I got one that first year.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  6:49:58 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sandra, bonuses came into play when you maintained 100% completion. It was based on a % of your average wkly. hrs.. Anyway, I only know of 1 person around here that started any higher & she had been doing cards for yrs.. She also is extremely good @ resets & does all tests resets for upcoming work in FD stores. What are yall paying for gas?

Alice
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  6:27:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been seriously thinking if I should continue with this company I too think the web site stinks, I always forget to enter my hours on the payroll section. I just emailed my District Manager to check for me since it doesn't show. So far I's still sticking it out. It cost me about $10, round trip, to do a job 25-30 miles away so for 1hr assignments I'm not making any money.

I was contacted by another area District Manager 1 hr drive from me in Arizona, asking if I could assist them on re-sets for Feb. and March. I replied yes but I needed to work at least 6-8 hrs a day to benifit me, I wouldn't go for a 4 hrs schedule. She asked if I had a partner to work with I said yes, but only if my hours wouldn't be cut if she went, it had to benifit ME. Also my partner needed to be hired by Driveline if she worked. After this I didn't get a reply back, should I call or email to ask if she'll still use me?

Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  7:06:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I moved right around the time of the new web reporting system, and still haven't bothered to ask for a transfer. Actually we're now looking at buying a house here so I'm not going to bother until we do that. I'm just not sure if I really even want to bother then. Although what I may do is go a head and as for the transfer, but only as a helper if someone here needs help with resets or something. Just not sure I want to deal with this company anymore.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  9:00:53 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,she should have offered you drive time
milage. Never go unless they do that. As for payroll, it's highlighted in red to the right of pics. My problem is sometimes it doesn't come back after I submit. It sits in tray @ bottom of screen.
I have to click that to bring screen back up & submit again. My biggest gripe is not being able to access past orders for PS Greetings. Theres a link @ top of page for REPS. but its for American Greetings. Not fair. Does anyone work for Acosta? They had a job posted for here but I couldn't find it on their site. It was for scanning products in store.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Ed W
Contributor

Petaluma, California
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  4:29:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on Driveline in Callifornia? Many Thanks
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  05:16:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Ed, we're down here in the Inland Empire, I got an offer for a whole $9 an hour!! NOT! We're fortunate enough to have a few companies that give us enough work as a team.
We gave up other $10 Hr. job because it just don't pay, we kept one as it lines up with other work and the reporting isn't much, the other one was just too much reporting without compensation.
Seems reset season is upon us and we've picked up a few jobs with 2 for Hubby to decide on.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  08:44:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds familar. I just declined a $9.00 hr job for Driveline. No thanks. My others pay from 11.00 to 13.00 hr with less work and ALOT less paperwork printing,entering etc.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Ed W
Contributor

Petaluma, California
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2011 :  7:03:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mindy Z. Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

Ian S

Naperville, IL
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  07:15:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's a job listing on NARMS for my area (western burbs of Chicago) for Driveline and it per the listing offers $8.25 an hour (no metion of miles paid) and start time is 5am or 6am. WOW. I'll not be applying
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  4:47:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The 5-6am start time sounds like the Frito Lays reset projects. Last I knew anything under 30 miles there is no possibility of getting mileage, over that maybe. My manager (when I lived in Charlotte) did give me mileage to cover stores for other reps, but I've never heard of any one getting mileage for their own stores.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  6:13:23 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta the milage starts after 40 when covering other stores+ drivetime. Did any1 from this area happen to see DL's post on Narms today? 3 yrs.w/ this comp. & they are starting peeps out @ what I make now. On another note. Just had a call from SURGE. Does anyone have info to share?. Tahnks.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  7:34:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to get mileage for under 40 (actually as long as the store was over 30 miles from my house I got full mileage when cover other stores), but this was also before the new reporting system. I moved right when this was implemented and haven't asked for a transfer. Plus I was just hired at a better rate by HDA, which I think Driveline won't allow you to work for both companies? I still may ask for the transfer, but with the requirement of only helping other reps and not having my own stores.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  8:10:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the extra work with these resets in the dollar stores, but I have to push aside better-paying work to do it. Sometimes I've had to give up work in favor of Driveline.

Someone asked about gasoline. I haven't checked my favorite place in a few days, but I passed a station today in the big city where it was 2.95 for regular.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums