Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  8:42:17 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gretta that just never made any sense to me. I used to cover 30 miles either side of Albemarle. Now all the stores I gave up sevice HDA in DG stores. But still not here,& you can bet they are not making the pay rate listed on Narms a while back.I spoke to the Rep. here & she wasn't making that either. Sandra,that was me askin bout gas.Last night it was 2.99. Today it's 3.07. The 5 & 6 am start time may be coming up in May. They[DL] did test on it today & tomorrow in Charlotte. 420 received email asking for 2 helpers the other day. This job will require @ least 6 people for 2 days. I think thats 1 reason they are hiring so many people. I know they are short on Reps in Charlotte since this new system went into effect. Again; any info on Surge would be greatly appreciated!

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  10:37:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My manager for HDA told me that they contract Driveline to service stores that HDA does not have reps for.
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  10:58:26 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That sounds crazy. The Rep in my stores said she tried to get other areas around here & didn't get it. Awhile back they were hiring in Troy which is 1 of the 1's I gave up. But back then we did it as Media Solutions. Ex friend of mine does that store now. Didn't you say previously that you are Scanning for another company. If so; would that be Acosta? You can email if you want.

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2011 :  4:43:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never worked for Acosta. I used to work for DSI when I lived there, and did scanning for them. I couldn't get a transfer with them.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2011 :  5:32:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas for us here is almost $3.89 and rising. So I had to decline Driveline.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2011 :  12:39:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HAH! Expect me to get up at 5 (I'm a nightshift guy, not mornings) and they want to offer me less than 10 an hour? I'll have to pass on that!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  06:22:18 AM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The 5AM start is only for a particular reset. Most of the stores we service are not even open until 8 or 9 AM.

My DM pays mileage for stores I cover that are not on my route. She also responds to all my questions and emails promptly and has for years. Sounds like I got a good one Yay me!

I know they are looking for reps in Hickory and Murphy, NC and Inman, SC. I am not sure what starting pay is.... but I don't think it is 8 dollars

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

APerreault
Contributor

Albemarle, NC
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  7:34:05 PM  Send APerreault an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Cheryl! Would your DM happen to have the intials C.H.? If so; you are soooooo lucky. I love her to death!! How does every1 like these dividers for new Party set?

Alice
Go to Top of Page

Raymond E
Valued Contributor

Gilbert, AZ
USA
159 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  01:08:39 AM  Visit Raymond E's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any feedback on the hiring process with Driveline. I completed the application online, but have not heard anything back yet. I know they are recruiting in the Phoenix area.

Raymond
MPSA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2011 :  5:32:35 PM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, that is not her LOL

Those party trays were so much fun

I found myself doing party and cosmetics all in one day..... oh those were the days

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2011 :  10:26:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alice, you have a new DM? We just bought a house and are in process of moving in. Once we get moved in, I'm planning on asking my former DM to go ahead and give me the transfer, but I'm planning on only being a helper and not having my own stores here.
Go to Top of Page

SJRBritt

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  08:35:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just hired yesterday to do several DG and FD in town. May get the neighboring town also. As most have said, the pay is terrible but at least it is work. I have been doing this for 10 years as extra income but now it is necessary income and I am having trouble getting hours. My main company was supposed to be 25-30 hours a week and I'm not even getting that a month.

I just had a brief interview yesterday and haven't even gotten the paperwork to fill out yet. I've searched this thread and can't find any mention of payday. Can someone tell me how often you are paid and is it direct deposit or check.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  5:23:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pay is once every 2 weeks on Friday. Next paydate is May 20.
They have direct deposit.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  02:44:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to say I had to drop this company, working 1hr asignments with a 20 min (one way) drive wasn't working for me. Plus I had problems with working their web site. I've made about $30 in 8 months and the gas to get there and back took that money......Remember every one there may be NO jobs, but be smart with the ones you have, are they worth it.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Zeke

NC
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  3:54:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In response to the job, I used to be a Dollar General Store Manager and they did quite a bit of the resets for my store. Generally speaking, the pay, I heard, left a lot to be desired, but trust me when I say that most DG and FD managers will appreciate the help in getting the stuff done.

Zeke
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED SHOPPER
NARMS Certified Merchandiser
Shopping NC
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  1:09:47 PM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryRod

Sorry to say I had to drop this company, working 1hr asignments with a 20 min (one way) drive wasn't working for me. Plus I had problems with working their web site. I've made about $30 in 8 months and the gas to get there and back took that money......Remember every one there may be NO jobs, but be smart with the ones you have, are they worth it.

Sorry to hear that Mary, and I agree if you only had one job and one store, not worth it w/ a 20 min drive unless you are going that way for other assignments. I have a nice weekly route and do enjoy my stores.... and count my blessings every day!

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  3:49:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My district manager for Driveline was so, so wonderful and helpful. She loaded up my pictures when I had problems and entered my store time and mileage. Also checks were paid out fast.

There's another merchandiser working in that area, depending on the schedule it maybe in her route but she'll be paid mileage since it'll be over 40 miles both ways for her.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

WendyDi
Trainee

Chattanooga, TN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  10:12:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Driveline is breaking Federal labor laws. You are not paid for the time you are required to work. If you bring up this concern with them they will say that you are resigning. They 'start' at $8.25 but people that have been with them over a year with no complaints against them are still making the $8.00 they were hired at.

Wendy
Shopping/merchandising SE TN
Go to Top of Page

SharonQ
Star Contributor

East Coast!
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  09:28:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just left them, but Wendy is correct. You are required to do the job in its entirety, and if it takes you longer than the time they allow, you do not get any extra. This doesn't even take into consideration all the time it takes to print paperwork, then enter the reports and upload the pictures.
As far as pay, I had just taken over a few stores for a lady who had been with them for 10+ years, and STILL made $8 an hour.
You can do SO much better than this company.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  4:34:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get a pay raise evry year. All I do is contact my DM and remind him a couple of weeks before my anniversary date. I've worked forcompanies that if you don't ask every year about a pay raise then they don't automacticly give you one and some companies no matter how long you have worked for them never give a pay raise.
And I've gotten paid when I've gone over my time limit. I've just contacted the help desk or my DM and let them know what is going on and why I've gone over the time and they have taken care of it.
In fact all the companies that I work for (7) you have to contact your manager or help line and get approvel for going over if you want to get paid.If you don't then you won't get paid for going over the time limit.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums